BvS Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't save his dad, because his dad doesn't want him revealing himself (bad on both counts)
Wanting to save daddy and almost doing is good. Having a mature self sacrificing figure take that choice away is also good.
Given what the what we are shown of the local gov't and how they respond to aliens:
Clark Kent: I can also see the squad of soldiers in the next room, preparing that tranquillizing agent of yours. You won't need it.
Man of Steel QuotesDr. Emil Hamilton: Sir, you...you can't expect us to not take precautions. You could be carrying some kind of alien pathogen.
Clark Kent: I've been here for thirty-three years, doctor, haven't infected anyone yet.
General Swanwick: That you know of. We have legitimate security concerns. Now, you've revealed your identity to Miss Lane over there. Why don't you do the same with us?
Clark Kent: You're scared of me because you can't control me. You don't, and you never will, but that doesn't mean I'm your enemy.
If this same gov't finds out about this kid at 17 or younger, what are the chances he'll be raised to be the superman (fanboys) we need? I'll answer, slim. Especially with no kents.

He soon discovers the FOS, and Jor-El's speech helps him realize the person that was hiding inside all along. (Okay, but is a bit of a rehash)
rutger_hauer_memo.jpg

Rehashing is good. It means you get the character.

Last edited:
Chuck Roven and Nolan are still on board, they seem like folks that no only have pull with wb but have the tendency to fight for their productions.
Until otherwise is confirmed, I don't see how a conclusion other than needing more time for quality has been fought for is on the table.

Zack Snyder’s Superman/Batman film stars Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

Snyder will direct the film from a screenplay written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

http://batman-news.com/2014/01/17/batman-vs-superman-release-date-delayed-until-may-6-2016/

Didn't they do so already?

A Hulk with Mark. That was Ed Norton Hulk.

If Marvel did announce Hulk, I would be so excited. Hulk's my favorite Marvel character. He needs a great film.

Very much YES.
These DC characters would even have got films during the previous decade.
The ever growing number of superhero films since Bryan Singer's X-Men back in 2000, the fact that we have gotten adaptions of a "nearly" every Marvel Comics character... and how many classic DC heroes have been made? Only 3, and the non Bats/non Supes hero (GL) was a creative failure despite the huge potential the character have.

It's just, why would you make Jonah Hex over Flash? What do you see in Hex? I like Jonah Hex but Westerns don't do overly that big. Flash would be way bigger.

When you say "no child would..." I assume you have polled a bunch of kids in this scenario. Assuming that, I'll just have to take your word.

He's not even a child there, I digress. Other than it being mere common sense, as a matter of fact yes, I have asked kids if they'd let their parents die upon viewing the movie with them.

You're welcome.

Given what clark and lois spoke about at his father grave(her threatening to reveal him), I doubt he doesn't care about keeping his secret. His dad never actually said don't use your powers, only that he needs to keep his identity a secret till he can stand proud knowing who and why he is. Ergo the ghost persona. It's very possible he could have trashed that truck with no witnesses this is a comic book film.

Riiiight....and nobody would have heard that, either, but seeing as it's a comic book film, Clark couldn't have went back to do a simple dog rescue and had to let his dad die instead. :rolleyes:

"Did god do this to me", being asked by a kid growing up in the bible belt and just having over heard a grown woman tie him to providence is hardly bad writing. But that's just my opinion. Agree to disagree.

As you just delivered it right there, with that development behind it, is more characterization than almost anyone had in the film and makes the dialog almost fit better than almost any of it does in the film. Everything is so unestablisbed and underdeveloped in the movie. The thought of God isn't something that's prevalent or mentioned enough to the audience with Clark around for him to ask such a question about God (unless you count the countless "Superman = Jesus" references.... again :rolleyes: ) - it's really rushed and half hashed and his concern doesn't match the level of force the lady suggested that it was God had, it's way higher on his end, and comes off as kind of random and unnecessary. If people were doing like witch hunts with Clark or saying Clark's house were cursed and constantly throwing "God" in his face all around the house then yeah, it'd work much better and be more emotional for him to have asked that. But because the lady mutters it under her breath is not cause to have a line like that with such focus because it's so underdeveloped, IMO.

I find it interesting also.....and the Depp as Strange rumor has been pretty much debunked. They may have had an initial conversation, but they didn't go any further than that from what has been said.

Ah Fair enough. In that case, BvS, with the amount of hype it should have behind it come 2016, as long as the reviews aren't horrendous, will come out as the winner.
Still, it will give everyone something to talk about.

According to that article, Terrio is no longer involved as well.

It's a press release straight from WB. Possibilities for Terrio are that he either made so little changes he doesn't get credit, was never hired at all, or exited the project.

I think the Avengers was a one hit wonder. Avengers 2 will likely under perform at the box office much like TDKR did with TDK. Especially since people have begun to notice how Marvel is going in a "sillier" direction with it's films (IM3, Thor 2), and not too mention how Guardians of the Galaxy might cement that idea in their heads with them wondering why post Avenger Marvel films went from semi-serious comic action to totally off-the-wall action comedy. I think everyone would have been welcoming a fresh start with a different group of superheros on screen together in 2015. I don't see that changing in 2016 either, BvS will be the movie to see, hands down.

TDKR under performed because TDK over performed due to the hype created by Ledgers death.

Without that hype TDKR had to perform based on its own merits.

You opinion is most likely DC fan boy wishful thinking. Expect A2 to hit the box office with the force of 1000 suns. Don't set yourself up for disappointment expecting any less.

Just when I warned everyone not to get too hyped up about Terrio's involvement, we get this.

As Magnar said, this means either he made small changes, was never hired, or he left. Told you so guys.

TDKR under performed because TDK over performed due to the hype created by Ledgers death.

You opinion is most likely DC fan boy wishful thinking. Expect A2 to hit the box office with the force of 1000 suns. Don't set yourself up for disappointment expecting any less.

"underperformed"

TDKR
Domestic: $448,139,099 41.3%
+ Foreign: $636,300,000 58.7%
= Worldwide: $1,084,439,099

TDK
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $534,858,444 53.2%
+ Foreign: $469,700,000 46.8%
= Worldwide: $1,004,558,444

How is 80mil more an underperformance?

I'm pretty sure we know why TDKR "under performed"(it did???), and it has nothing to do with TDK over performing.

Pulling out was a wise move for Warner Brothers, because 2015 is going to be marked with blockbuster fatigue.

It's just, why would you make Jonah Hex over Flash? What do you see in Hex? I like Jonah Hex but Westerns don't do overly that big. Flash would be way bigger.
I have slammed my head against the wall many times because of this, wondering "what's going on in the world". But I see things so clear now.
The answer to your (and my) questions is: "It's Warner Brothers!!!"

Just when I warned everyone not to get too hyped up about Terrio's involvement, we get this.

As Magnar said, this means either he made small changes, was never hired, or he left. Told you so guys.

So, we're getting another flawed Goyer script. WB just doesn't make sense sometimes. I thought they'd finally wised up about Goyer's hit and miss abilities, but I guess not. :csad:

So, we're getting another flawed Goyer script. WB just doesn't make sense sometimes. I thought they'd finally wised up about Goyer's hit and miss abilities, but I guess not. :csad:

What hit has Goyer came up with? No Man of Steel & The Dark Knight Trilogy doesn't count, think of something he did hit worthy without Nolan's help. I dare you because theirs nothing. Blade 1 & 2are ok. Not hits or misses but Blade 3 ****ing sucked. Jumper ****ing sucks. Ghost Rider 2 ****ing sucks. Dark City was good, I'll give him that. The Unborn ****ing sucked. The Crow: City of Angels ****ing sucked. That man ****ing sucks without someone with talent by his side and Snyder, I think you're a good director, can't write for ****.

Nah. I just think Goyer is officially receiving the credit for script....at least as of now.

Terrio was hired to do polishing work. Sometimes those guys receive credit and sometimes they don't. Nothing official has been released saying Terrio is no longer involved.

What hit has Goyer came up with? No Man of Steel & The Dark Knight Trilogy doesn't count, think of something he did hit worthy without Nolan's help. I dare you because theirs nothing. Blade 1 & 2are ok. Not hits or misses but Blade 3 ****ing sucked. Jumper ****ing sucks. Ghost Rider 2 ****ing sucks. Dark City was good, I'll give him that. The Unborn ****ing sucked. The Crow: City of Angels ****ing sucked. That man ****ing sucks without someone with talent by his side and Snyder, I think you're a good director, can't write for ****.

Man of steel and the TDK trilogy count. Some of his work was good in those. I didn't dislike everything about the writing on MOS. I just think it could be a lot better, if Goyer had some help. Which is what I thought was happening. But it's not. So, I'm sad and starting not to care. :csad:

The Hollywood Reporter article still mentions Terrio. But who knows anymore.

Blade 1 and 2 were both very popular movies, definite hits and financially all 3 were profitable.

Aaron Sorkin is uncredited for his work on The Rock. It's Bay's most well-received movie to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"