Batman/The Spirits, anyone goign pick this up?

How anyone can not like Cooke is beyond me.

no, The art is ******ed, its better on this but new frontier is all Asian peoples.

I prefer realistic art. Sale sucks ass too when he's doing batman.

So I picked this up. It was ok a little to silver age for me. Everything just felt old. I don't like the art on batman and robin but the spirit looks cool. Im still going to pick up the first issue of his ongoing because of the sweet cover.

Assassin said:
no, The art is ******ed, its better on this but new frontier is all Asian peoples.

"realistic"?

Art is subjective, and while I personally don't see how someone couldn't like Cooke's work, I can understand how some art doesn't appeal to certain people. I'm not a fan of Carlos Pacheco(Superman, Superman Batman) but a lot of people are. He draws people way out of proportion and it bugs me to look at it.
Anyway, back to the topic. I look forward to picking this up AND to see the New Frontier dvd ...if it's in Cooke's style.

How do you not like Sale on Batman? That' some of the finest comic art I've seen.
Not everybody's style can be Lee or Ross. It's a comic bok for Christ's sakes. If you want realistic go read a national geographic.
YOu sound like a moran who is going t get a PS3 just because of the graphics. It's gameplay and story that matters. Not artwork and graphics.

Assassin said:

No, you just have no taste at all.

Art is subjective. People are free to like different things. I have a friend who hates Ed McGuinness, he thinks comics should be realistic. I myself love McGuinness' art, and Darwyn Cook's. As well as Bruce Timm's simplified art.

Comics that are more realistic, in drawing style or subject matter, are usually considered higher art than cartoony, or simplified, or super hero comics. It might be because we are used to looking at real people, and cartoons look different than real people. Or maybe its because some people think that the cartoony style is easy to do. Or maybe it was just how we were raised, I love Pop Art because of my parents. I also appreciate the more classic stuff too. But I did have a teacher who hated Pop Art and didn't want our class to be "hood winked" by Pop Art.

I have a comic teacher who taught our class that the more realistic comics, in art style and/or in story matter, are seen as better or higher art because it is more reflective of real life.
People don't look like super heroes usually, no one has super powers, and things don't have epic stories with happy endings. The endings are usually unhappy, or anti clamactic, or just not exciting all the way through. Or at least thats what people think, maybe subcontiosly.
Thats what he lectured about any way.

He also mentioned that super hero comics, with epic stories and happy endings (most of the time) aren't bad stories. They are what we would like life to be like. With heroes and happy endings.

My opinion is that this style, Darwyn Cook's, is good. I love it. Its very 50s style. Its also close to the style I have, and the style I have always loved. I like the more cartoony style, but also like the realistic style.

sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

I can't wait to see New Frontier animated.

Darthphere said:
No, you just have no taste at all.

i'm not going to get art advise from a guy who has Turner in his avatar. ****ing idiot:o

Assassin said:
i'm not going to get art advise from a guy who has Turner in his avatar. ****ing idiot:o

See, like I said no taste. Because if you had some you wouldve known that its Sue Storm by Steve McNiven.:o :o :o :o :o :o

Artistsean said:
Art is subjective. People are free to like different things. I have a friend who hates Ed McGuinness, he thinks comics should be realistic. I myself love McGuinness' art, and Darwyn Cook's. As well as Bruce Timm's simplified art.

Comics that are more realistic, in drawing style or subject matter, are usually considered higher art than cartoony, or simplified, or super hero comics. It might be because we are used to looking at real people, and cartoons look different than real people. Or maybe its because some people think that the cartoony style is easy to do. Or maybe it was just how we were raised, I love Pop Art because of my parents. I also appreciate the more classic stuff too. But I did have a teacher who hated Pop Art and didn't want our class to be "hood winked" by Pop Art.

I have a comic teacher who taught our class that the more realistic comics, in art style and/or in story matter, are seen as better or higher art because it is more reflective of real life.
People don't look like super heroes usually, no one has super powers, and things don't have epic stories with happy endings. The endings are usually unhappy, or anti clamactic, or just not exciting all the way through. Or at least thats what people think, maybe subcontiosly.
Thats what he lectured about any way.

He also mentioned that super hero comics, with epic stories and happy endings (most of the time) aren't bad stories. They are what we would like life to be like. With heroes and happy endings.

My opinion is that this style, Darwyn Cook's, is good. I love it. Its very 50s style. Its also close to the style I have, and the style I have always loved. I like the more cartoony style, but also like the realistic style.

sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

I can't wait to see New Frontier animated.

Looks like we could be friends.

I Hate him too, as well as Rob Liefield. I like Cook's art, but not in a comic, its too distracting. same for Turner, he's should stick to covers.

Darthphere said:
See, like I said no taste. Because if you had some you wouldve known that its Sue Storm by Steve McNiven.:o :o :o :o :o :o

Long skinny arms, too many back muscles, A size 1/4 waist, you could see how i got confused.

You know who else i hate? That guy who does Moon knight, whats his name? he also did new avengers.

ehh i guess it was alright. the whole team up thing did'nt feel right to me. i can't really oput my finger on it, but the two mythos don't mix together, its like majestic meeting batman and teaming up, they just don't fit well. the art was okay, i rather see sale's art on this book.

Assassin said:
Long skinny arms, too many back muscles, A size 1/4 waist, you could see how i got confused.

No, I dont at all.

Assassin said:

You know who else i hate? That guy who does Moon knight, whats his name? he also did new avengers.

finch is a pretty good artist, but his facial drawings don't have range.

You know, looking back at something here, I think this sudden "dislike" for Cooke's art has a little bit to do with him becoming more popular. In essence, its the mentality that it makes you look cool to hate on something popular. Of course, people might accuse me of doing the same thing, but this is just an observation.

i just prefer to see sale's art instead. im just not fond of cooke's.

I wasnt talking about anyone specifically GAH.

And frankly, Cooke and Sale's art styles are eerily similar.

yeah, they are. but sale's pencils are tighter and a bit detailed. imo

Darthphere said:
You know, looking back at something here, I think this sudden "dislike" for Cooke's art has a little bit to do with him becoming more popular. In essence, its the mentality that it makes you look cool to hate on something popular. Of course, people might accuse me of doing the same thing, but this is just an observation.

?? just because you do it, it doesnt mean we all do. I've never liked cook's art, ask Elijya, i told him over the summer that i couldnt stand the "chinky eyed" art when he almost got me to read new frontier, but like i said, this is a step up from new frontier.

I didnt mind the art too much in Superman confidential, that was him right?

Assassin said:
?? just because you do it, it doesnt mean we all do. I've never liked cook's art, ask Elijya, i told him over the summer that i couldnt stand the "chinky eyed" art when he almost got me to read new frontier, but like i said, this is a step up from new frontier.

I never said I did it, I said some might accuse me of doing it. Reading comprehension.

I know you do it, you were like the first guy who said "emo punches" and you bashed IC, then your ***** Leauger nodded and agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"