Batman: The Ultimate Evil

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this very dark, gritty storyline? Batman fights child abuse and child sex trafficking. I was just thinking of a way to match a Nolan story and make use of Batman as a detective. Its a harsh subject matter. But I don't care. If I were making this film, I'd take this storyline, tie in a regular villian, possibly the Riddled but give me time. It would be tricky but it would keep the realistic tone but with a Man Of Steel recognition. Highlight the difference between Bats and Supes!

I'm thinking I would adapt Riddler's into the child abuse story!

If they would adapt a comics story and the main villian is the Riddler, there's a better suited and evenly dark story; dark knight, dark city.

Nope, nope, no, nope, no, no way, nope.

Anyone familiar with this very dark, gritty storyline? Batman fights child abuse and child sex trafficking. I was just thinking of a way to match a Nolan story and make use of Batman as a detective. Its a harsh subject matter. But I don't care. If I were making this film, I'd take this storyline, tie in a regular villian, possibly the Riddled but give me time. It would be tricky but it would keep the realistic tone but with a Man Of Steel recognition. Highlight the difference between Bats and Supes!

I'm thinking I would adapt Riddler's into the child abuse story!
They wouldn't be able to go into those topics with much detail. The studio would not let that happen.

I would adapt Mad Hatter, the dude is a pedophile obssesed with Alice in Wonderland.
He is perfect for an Ultimate Evil type of story.

Pedophilia has no place in a Batman movie.

And making Mad Hatter a pedophile is as uninspired and stupid as making The Riddler a serial killer.

................You want the Riddler to be the Peddler?

They can't do the pedophilia angle. The most they can do with Mad Hatter is say he's abducting children and be vague with it, but that still seems like a line that won't be crossed. I don't see WB going through with that stuff.

Besides a cameo or something in Arkham Asylum, I don't see Mad Hatter making any appearances. And I don't want to see that anyway. Can't stand the character.

No way they would make the Batman reboot's story based on this. No pedophiles please.

Use a pedophile/killer Mad Hatter as the villain in detective based Batman movie. I don't see why its a bad thing. Batman is a detective, Mad Hatter a sick man with a thing for kids and litterature, in my mind they work great. I would love to see it in a comics book or even a movie.

What's your problem with that ? isn't pedophilia a crime ? isn't batman a crime fighter ? isn't the mad hatter a supervillain ? yes to everything.

Rape and genocide are also crimes. I wouldn't want those in a Batman movie either.

I'm real tired of GRIM N' GRITTY Batman.

Because the subject manner is not appropriate for a movie that is PG or less and is "Batman"..which is still a mainstream attraction for general audiences. It's not some cult thing.

These movies are mainly made for the general audience, theyre not just made for the fans like us. A Mad Hatter pedophile story can work out just fine in a comic but it's a different medium with children going to see these movies with their parents or parents who wont like that kind of thing. With the studios experience with Batman Returns where it was a turn-off for parents to hear the sexual innuendos, the Penguin wanting to abduct babies and throw them in the sewers lol...WB aren't going to take that chance again. It doesn't matter what era we live in.

The only way it happens is if Mad Hatter is a side character and he's trying to abduct children then Batman stops him, end of.

You can make Mad Hatter extremely creepy on film but I don't see any depth in him. I find him a stupid character anyway, and there's better villains with better stories that they can do.

I wrote a Batman fanfilm years ago as a follow up to PATIENT J that featured the Mad Hatter and some darker material. Shame it was never released. I'd love to see THE ULTIMATE EVIL or something similar made into an independent film. It's a well written storyline with some very good character insights, especially regarding Martha Wayne, who is criminally underdeveloped in the mythology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"