BvS Batman Vs. Superman... can this be a fair physical fight?

Joe made very good points, why Superman would defeat Batman like 7 times out of ten. And the 2 out of 3 in Batman's favor, would be a standstill. Everyone says Batman is a genius, he has prep-time, and tons of gadgets. Yeah, all things that Superman apparently suddenly doesn't have, whenever he fights Batman. He's suddenly as dumb as any run of the mill thug, he is never prepared and just gets thrown into the fight, and all those weapons, gadgets and gear at his fortress of Solitude? They don't exist.

Everything gets written in Batman's favor, while Superman apparently just stands around with his thumb firmly lodged up his ass, waiting for Batman to make his Move.

A few points people try to use in this debate that are ridiculous.

1. "Batman is, like, wicked smart." I'm not sure why the son of two genetically engineered scientists from an advanced alien race would be dumb. His intelligence almost certainly would be well past "genius" by any human standard.

2. "Batman can do anything with enough prep time." Give them both weeks to prepare some scheme. Superman could go on vacation the whole time, then need mere seconds to replicate or assemble something more advanced given his super speed.

3. "Duh, kryptonite!" Oh, Batman is 20 feet away with kryptonite? Superman blasts him with heat vision.

There really is no conceivable way for Batman to beat him. The reality is, Superman makes the conscious decision every day to ALLOW Batman to exist and do what he does. Batman is an ant compared to him.
:applaud
Exactly

I missed these. Linkage, please?

Kryptonite talk (sry, it was Snyder who said it, not Goyer)

http://screenrant.com/superman-man-of-steel-no-kryptonite/

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/sup...r-on-man-on-steel-2-kryptonite-and-lex-luthor

As for Goyer confirming about when the sequel takes place, I cant find the original source, but its one of his interviews where the interviewer asks him about how Superman deals with killing Zod and what not, he basically said that the follow up happens right after that point so we will see Superman come to terms with what he's done and so on, I'll keep looking for it, pretty sure it was a Deadline article.

Joe made very good points, why Superman would defeat Batman like 7 times out of ten. And the 2 out of 3 in Batman's favor, would be a standstill. Everyone says Batman is a genius, he has prep-time, and tons of gadgets. Yeah, all things that Superman apparently suddenly doesn't have, whenever he fights Batman. He's suddenly as dumb as any run of the mill thug, he is never prepared and just gets thrown into the fight, and all those weapons, gadgets and gear at his fortress of Solitude? They don't exist.

Everything gets written in Batman's favor, while Superman apparently just stands around with his thumb firmly lodged up his ass, waiting for Batman to make his Move.

lol, thats thanks to Frank Miller and Bruce Timm and their "Bat-GOD"......gotta love it.....

It also just plain wouldn't make sense for them to fight in a death match right at their introduction, a small fight sure, maybe Batman is in Metropolis going threw the Kryptonian debris and Superman shows up to....I dont know, clean that stuff up, confronts Batman who maybe takes some Kryptonian tech and what not so that's their fight......that kind of situation is the only way I see them actually fighting which would result in a stand still or Superman letting Batman to go for some reason.

A few points people try to use in this debate that are ridiculous.
1. "Batman is, like, wicked smart." I'm not sure why the son of two genetically engineered scientists from an advanced alien race would be dumb. His intelligence almost certainly would be well past "genius" by any human standard.
Superman grew up on a farm, Batman spent years of his life training and learning not just beeing smart but specifically training to become and master
strategist. While superman may have an inherent greater capacity for intelligence gifted to him by evolution he has not shown much interest in learning military tactics. Plus smart people do not always have smart children. He's parents were genetically engineered to be genius', he was not and did not have the same benefits or a kryptonian education. Also if he was really that smart the movie would have ended much sooner.
2. "Batman can do anything with enough prep time." Give them both weeks to prepare some scheme. Superman could go on vacation the whole time, then need mere seconds to replicate or assemble something more advanced given his super speed.
The major difference here is that Batman is the type of person who would prepare well ahead of time, from the moment he learns of superman's existence he will being formulating a strategy. And will come to metropolis prepared. That just the type of person he is. Superman isn't like that, he wears his heart on his sleeve, is naive, and is over confident because nothing has ever truly hurt him.
3. "Duh, kryptonite!" Oh, Batman is 20 feet away with kryptonite? Superman blasts him with heat vision.
Or maybe he's only five feat away. Also I hate the people who basically say "Kryptonite is no fair" yeah well using our yellow sun is no fair. Honestly kryptonite is a brilliant idea that should be ignored for being a "cop out" Superman is a character that has never had to really face his own mortality in any real sense, he's gone through life being basically invulnerable, even in man of steel the thought of being kill doesn't enter his mind cause he could take all their punches. But introducing something so simple and so effect that could make him vulnerable and can conceivably kill him by just being around it would have such a profound effect on him.

The reality is, Superman makes the conscious decision every day to ALLOW Batman to exist and do what he does. Batman is an ant compared to him.
Well then you just don't understand Superman's character if that's the case

I usually avoid these discussions cause they always go in circles and are base on our own preferences. For me I want Batman to come out on top in a fight because I want to feel there is something of inherent value in humans, that we are capable of overcoming incredible odds. And to me Batman represents the best of humanity in the DC universe. Someone who has trained to physical perfection, developed an unequal intelligence, and absolute moral integrity. So yeah I want Batman to be able to win a fight to prove humans aren't helpless. Also it would be a really badass fight sequence.

And the way I picture the fight going is Batman constantly moving using all his stealth, deceit to constantly introduce new tactics that keeps Superman off guard and off balance. Each action hitting him in a way doesn't expect. Using multiple sonic batarangs with ear piercing sounds playing at all different pitches so Superman can't tune it out. Flash explosive with powder that temporarily blinds Superman, then several highly powerful and targeted explosions to key points on his body. All this just to buy enough time for an airdrop of kryptonite to deliver a final blow to know him out. Though Batman wouldn't come through this unscathed, bruised body, broken equipment, dislocated shoulder, and a few cracked ribs. Perhaps cough of some blood to sink in the fact he's lucky to be alive. When asked about he'll give the classic line "I'll live"

I had the sequence in my head for a while, based on the idea that superman's minds gets taken over like in the Hush storyline. But I would like to see something simlar happen that. A fight like this can be tricky cause you want both parties to win as to not upset the fanboys, But I think Batman should get the edge so you can show what this new Batman is capable of and firmly establish him while demostrating to Superman that he isn't utouchable, setting up Luthor as a major threat.

Just my two cents

2055708-batman-dead-1b.jpg

Comics are allowed to have some exaggeration like this one, with the sheer number of issues for one character and all the stories told in one universe
Movies have no reason to adapt the over the top moments like this one, unless of course they are fan made films on the internet

This shouldn't even be a versus fight. AngryJoe said it best here.

[YT]L43JaaWcT-M[/YT]

[YT]7gjySvkabZI[/YT]

Agreed... That video explains it all, but it still can be a good scene if Batman is wearing a iron man like batsuit. This would make for an epic physical fight. If not it would be a quick end to Batman like in the new 52 comics when they first encounter each other. Or, show batman discovering that Superman is weak to Kyptonite and using that to get the upper hand.

Overall, a physical fight with Batman is not possible without an Iron Man like tech suit that will enhance his strength and take in Superman's punch...

Don't forget MOS is base on real life standards so Batman has to obey by that standards too... For that reason no human will be able to take a hit from Superman or hurt him without matching sups power or weaken him.

Nope but i think Batman will have an armour similar to the one in DKR..than it could even up the fight

What if Lex/Bruce has Zod's body and figures out how to neutralize Kryptonians from it like MOS did with the atmosphere changes? That would be unique.

But obviously they will have to come up with a way to weaken Supes. I'm sure our favorite green rocks will make an appearance in some form, perhaps not as green rocks but...

It was a fair and good fight in The Dark Knight Returns. Batman had a huge electric or nuclear powered suit, something ridiculous, and obviously kryptonite.

If Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthar can kick Superman's ass with a bit of radioactive kryptonite, heck even Gene Hackman's Lex had Sups helpless in a pool, I'm pretty sure the very savvy and world's finest detective, Batman, can handle his own with some of that green stuff.

No armor in the world would help him stand up to Superman. Heck, Iron Man would get peeled out of his suit like a Banana.

I don't see how armor evens up anything without first weakening Supes.

It won't it will be like the dark knight return's armor where it only helps him take the punch and put up a decent fight eventually ending with Superman just tearing it apart. No suits =no brawl with Superman's power... With Kyptonite will only be favoring Batman as Superman is pretty much unable to fight... Superman will just be a punching bag for Batman... Bat suit is a must for a epic physical fight...

Last edited:
It won't it will be like the dark knight return's armor where it only helps him take the punch and put up a decent fight eventually ending Super just tearing it apart.

And even that was silly. The only reason the armor was of any use at all, was because Batman relied on the fact that Superman would hold back.

Yeah, it helps him take the hits, but definitely need the kryptonite, or yes, its impossible.

And yes, Superman holds back a lot, him and Bruce, although they hardly see most things eye to eye, are old allies and comrades in arms. Bruce uses this compassion of Clark against him.

I really hope that they do not use kryptonite in this film. It would just be lazy in my opinion

And even that was silly. The only reason the armor was of any use at all, was because Batman relied on the fact that Superman would hold back.

From the reference of the Dark Knight Return to what Synder has mention during filming of MOS (He said his Superman will kick Batman's A$$) I have a felling that Batman will indeed have a Batsuit in order to put up a good fight with Superman. Of course we'll see Superman holding back, but eventually Superman tears the suit apart and end the fights with Batman... thus the inspiration from the Dark Knight Return is reference. I would not mind Superman getting his butt kick by Batman early on only with Superman not wanting to fight and is holding back because he doesn't want to hurt or kill Batman (Flash back to Zod's death). Eventually Superman gets tire of the fight and ends it by unleashing his powers and removing the armor off Batman.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure Superman wins all early fights with Batman, hence why he was holding back so much and not taking it as serious, in The Dark Knight Returns, and hence Bruce's most final and desperate and menacing attempt, that nearly takes Superman's life.

And the pure joy and satisfaction, even in near death and in the midst of a heart attack, when Batman is telling Clark how he is the one man that actually beat him. His most triumphant victory. Bitter sweet ending it is, in The Dark Knight Returns.

I was always find it amusing when people say Superman can just crush Batman like an ant, incinerate him with HV, or throw him into the sun. Yes, yes, he can do all of that, but that isn't what Superman does! He could do the same thing to Lex as well, but he never does because Superman holds back and because he doesn't kill. Even more than prep, that's the only reason Batman can hold his own against Superman.

Loeb puts it best in Hush, "If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not."

No, if they go against each other it shoudn't be in a physical way, Batman can take down Superman way of life without touching him, and superman can vulnerate batman just by being there. I expect a very intelligent initial confrontation, that should showcase the best of each character and leave grounds for a geatt friendship.

But no punches exchange.

Yet.

I think its pretty obvious that Batman will get his hands on Kryptonite and then it will be an unfair fight for Superman.

If they wanted to exclude Kryptonite, then Batman has absolutely no chance of winning. Superman would throw him into space and Batman would end up halfway across the universe before he even gets killed.

I think its pretty obvious that Batman will get his hands on Kryptonite and then it will be an unfair fight for Superman.

If they wanted to exclude Kryptonite, then Batman has absolutely no chance of winning. Superman would throw him into space and Batman would end up halfway across the universe before he even gets killed.

Even with Kryptonite, Superman could fly into Batman so fast he'd scatter like dust before the Kryptonite even took effect. It's a silly debate.

Everyone wanted the detective and super smart Batman and I think that's the one we will get. Batman will find a way to be equal to Supes. Judging by the excerpt read out at comic con from TDKR, I think it will involve krpytonite and some sort of exo-suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"