Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Animated Film)

This film is surprisingly a lot of fun. It’s actually pretty violent.
Definitely watch for Easter Eggs (TMNT and Batman references) and watch the whole credits sequence. Definitely recommended for anyone who is a fan of both TMNT and Batman.

Probably gonna stream it tonight if I get a minute.

Loved it as well. A solid 8 for Me w/ minor nitpicks.. But alot to Love that overshadow its flaws. Love the animation too!

A lot of Fun interactions.

I really enjoyed this. Easily the most entertaining of the DC animated films IMO, although I don't know if it actually counts as one since its a crossover film. Loved the animation in this, especially with how comicbooky it felt at times which might sound strange to some, but once you watch it I think you will figure out what I'm talking about. So many great easter eggs and meta humor that really took me by surprise not to mention the interactions are a lot of fun. I never would have imagined the TMNT could work in a world like Gotham, but it does and its surprisingly very well done.

Now, I am just hoping we get a sequel.

8/10

I really loved this movie! The animation, music, character interactions, Easter Eggs, fight scenes, tone were all well done! Only things I didn't enjoy were Damien and Michaelangelo at certain times.

Man, that first Batman vs Shredder encounter was awesome!

My inner eight year old boy smiling at every frame of this thing. It was totally on point, the action was solid and cheers to Troy Baker for pulling double duty. 9/10. So much goddamned fun.

The end of this movie made want to get some pizza, lol.

What a fun little flick.

I dug the little turtle-lized homage to the classic Batman covers in the end credits.

I'm definitely picking up this DCAU, missed a few of the last ones which have been no interest to me, but this one looks like a heap of fun.

Well, that was a nice surprise, a lot of fun!

Tonight's the night for watching this, my review to follow....:-), super excited to watch it...

Watched this some week or so ago, and really enjoyed it. I've actually never cared for the Turtles, but they worked fine here together with Batman, Batgirl and Damian (who I personally often find mostly annoying, but he was fine here as well) .

Edit: And of course those credits with the classic but changed covers was awesome.

I was already 'too old' for the Turtles at their height of fame (would have been around 15 I suppose) but of what I've seen, the fit of Batman and his 'family' with their 'family' seems to have gelled really well and really looking forward to seeing it.

Completely enjoyed this, it was basically the 1990 Turtles film meets the Arkham Asylum first Batman game (even down to the plot), the tone jumped all over the place, as you would expect in bringing these two character 'families' together, at times, you had body horror (and pushing a '12' as far as an animated film I'd imagine could go) alongside out and out comedy and the set piece action (and the slo-mo) was well done, if relied upon a little too much, but the visuals were comic-panel accurate.

Glad they managed to incorporate everyone's favourites and Shredder and make the match-up work.

Definitely amongst the best of the DCAU - 9/10

Cowabunga! This was SO much fun. Batman fighting Shredder was awesome, Michelangelo was funny and the team-up went together incredibly well.

I want this! :funny:

w3CYAVk.jpg

Last edited:
I turned this off when they turned the Batman villains into animals... it was great up until then...

I finally watched it loved it, as the one user in the past said there is a lot of easter eggs for both universes like Raph's bike headlights resembling metalhead the robot turtle, to one of the buildings being named Powers (a nod to batman beyond) etc. I loved it and that Batman vs Shredder fight (both of em) were awesome and BRUTAL. and I was blown away by how violent this was this is NOT for little kids lol.

it rocks!! my favorite part is in the beanging of it were batman fights the shredder!! I grew up on 1990s teeange mutant ninja turtlers Anmited tv series!! I also had all the ninja turtlers aciton figures!! my all time favorite super hero movie is the 1990 the orignal teeange mutant ninja turtlers!! the suits was created by jim henson!! he didn't want to do it cause he thought it would proment violence!! but then the studio said it was cartoon violence! i think if it was made today it probably would have to be Rated R put back then it was just rated PG! but my other favorite movie is the second one its kind of cross between the 1990 ninja turtlers Anmited tv series meets comedy ! then they had teeange mutant ninja turtlers 3!! the fans called it turtlers in time! cause they go back in time!! i mostly watch it for time traveler!! ! i did enjoy 2014 nickelodeon's teeange mutant ninja turtlers movies!! but it wasn't as good as the orignal 1990 movie! i liked nickelodeon's 2015 teeange mutant ninja turtlers 2 out of shadows!! it was kind of cross between th= teeange mutant ninja turtlers 2 secret of the ooz & 1990 teeange mutant ninja turtles Anmited tv series ! ! i also don't liked the newer cartoon!! cause Leonardo is the hot tempter turtler & Raphael is the leader!! in the orignal comic book Raphael is the hot tempter turtler & Leonardo is the leader! & now they all got different weapons & now they got super powers!! I also don't liked the way splitter looks he looks more liked possum then an rat!! i don't care for April o neil!! i don't mind that she black but to me she just acts too goofy!! now i did liked nickelodeon's 2014 teeange mutant ninja turtlers computer Anmited tv series!! now that was more closer to the comic books!! the one i liked was 2000's wbs teenage mutant ninja turtlers it had more serious tone!! it was also funny!! i also didn't liked the live aciton version of teeange mutant ninja turtlers!! now i heard that there rebooting teeange mutnat ninja turtlers!! & micheal bay is going to produce it!! i say keep micheal bay away form ninja turtlers!! i hope they use the suits this time!!

Not going to lie, this was very charming.

Yeah. It was a pretty fun love letter to both franchises and came off like the best crossovers from publishing companies in the comics from years past. A great balance. Probably the highest compliment would be that my mother and grandmother were entertained by it. Given living in a house with me growing up they actually developed a bit of a fandom for both TMNT and Batman so weren't lost really and they got some of the inside baseball Easter eggs.

It's funny also to think that both Batman and TMNT have a history of going from goofy to grim in such extremes in their pasts as pop culture icons and this actually did a good job of balancing out those aspects. As stated... Very charming and a solid little bit of entertainment for fans and non-fans.

i think some of the ninja turtlers comic books got liked ghost buster cross over!! i wouldn't mind seeing teeange mutant ninja turtlers & ghost buster cross over Anmited movie!! i think it could be awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"