Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Whoever submitted this for their creative changes should give the credit to their 9 year old child instead of stealing it for themselves.

Nothing about this looks like effort was put into it by adult.

I think any Ninja Turtles show after the last one, which was surprisingly good, would be a disappointment. But this...this is a whole new level of ****.

I would never imagine someone coming up with a design that makes the recent live action turtles look good

these look horrid

the kids will be horrified with this garbage

My guess is they wanted this show to look different to stand out from previous adaptations. I mean we've had so many shows based on TMNT already going back 30 years.

The last show stood out with it's animation. And it did it in a nonawful way.

I called it with Donnie's shell - i said i wondered if it was broken due tot he large covering, turns out he is just a soft shell variety.

So, we've had 3 cartoon series, all being a hit and each look has resembled each other. This look, i don't know, it better have damn good writing.

Splinter looks like he escaped from a Ren and Stimpy episode.

I'll wait till I see them in motion before I final judgment.

Haha, Splinter totally looks like he can let rip on the carpet and blame Mikey.

This sucks on many levels.

Donatello is my favorite and they go and emasculate him by making him soft-shelled with a build tech backpack for a shell.

Leonardo is ALWAYS supposed to be leader and head, not Raph. Dumb pointless change.

Mikey is okay even if I like his old weapons better.

Splinter looks like ****, April of course had to have her race switch. It was bad enough Fox didn't have the amber hair now this.

Animation looks terrible, hate the designs. I really hope my niece and nephew don't get into this crap

I've just realized, donnie's shell opens up into a drone.

It's definitely lost it's core elements.

As others have said, leo no longer leader, don pretty much a cyborg, two unique weapons gone - i wonder what the foot and and shredder and krang for that matter will look like.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they saved money and used designs from the Bay era.
Question for me and this is key - the original series sculpted my childhood, it had an innocence to it with a moral story at the end - it had heart.

Wondering what will this tell kids?

I've just realized, donnie's shell opens up into a drone.

It's definitely lost it's core elements.

As others have said, leo no longer leader, don pretty much a cyborg, two unique weapons gone - i wonder what the foot and and shredder and krang for that matter will look like.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they saved money and used designs from the Bay era.
Question for me and this is key - the original series sculpted my childhood, it had an innocence to it with a moral story at the end - it had heart.

Wondering what will this tell kids?
Not sure how they'd be saving money by taking inspiration from the Bay turtles. They're also not trying to save money given each turtle is now a different species + even more unique design rather than the usual color & bandana swap.

The emphasis will be more on comedy, so that the show can be on air often at any given time. The creators also said they're obviously not giving up on the 'family' theme.

Anyone know why the change to Raphael as the leader? I mean look, Iron Man was made the leader of Avengers in animated cartoons because of his popularity in the films, so he became team leader in Earth's Mightiest Heroes and also in Avengers Assemble. But here it seems rather arbitrary.

Ah, fans complaining about a few images and writing off an entire series based on them. Some things never change. :woot:

Wait if they're brothers shouldn't they be the same species of turtles

Or have the turtles always not been blood Brothers and I never realized

I don't get the big deal over it. Splinter is not really their biological father either, but nobody questions him as their father. If they're raised as brothers by a father figure, and treat each other as brothers, then it makes no difference if they're related, same/different species, or whatevs.

Animation looks terrible, hate the designs.

I'm glad you could tell how the animation looks from a few stills.

Anyone know why the change to Raphael as the leader? I mean look, Iron Man was made the leader of Avengers in animated cartoons because of his popularity in the films, so he became team leader in Earth's Mightiest Heroes and also in Avengers Assemble. But here it seems rather arbitrary.

I guess they maybe want to make an arc out of it? Maybe Leonardo starts to grow up and becomes more of a leader figure later in the series, and eventually takes over the team. Even in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Stark eventually recognizes Steve is a better leader and concedes to him. In Wolverine and the X-Men, Logan being the leader is treated as a source of conflict. Just as long as its not a complete mess like the arc with Keith and Shiro on Voltron, I'm good.

I don't get the big deal over it. Splinter is not really their biological father either, but nobody questions him as their father. If they're raised as brothers by a father figure, and treat each other as brothers, then it makes no difference if they're related, same/different species, or whatevs.
It's also probably only the IDW series that has the gang being a resurrected family from Japan. Every other instance, it's entirely surrogate.

Ah, fans complaining about a few images and writing off an entire series based on them. Some things never change. :woot:

I'm glad you could tell how the animation looks from a few stills.

I guess they maybe want to make an arc out of it? Maybe Leonardo starts to grow up and becomes more of a leader figure later in the series, and eventually takes over the team. Even in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Stark eventually recognizes Steve is a better leader and concedes to him. In Wolverine and the X-Men, Logan being the leader is treated as a source of conflict. Just as long as its not a complete mess like the arc with Keith and Shiro on Voltron, I'm good.
But how though? Raphael is always the hot-head and pretty much never suited to be the leader.

I thought the last show was still running. These reboots are coming too fast.

Didn't know this was a thing. And I need to ask, is there a movement against redheads, that I am unaware of?

Didn't know this was a thing. And I need to ask, is there a movement against redheads, that I am unaware of?

It is weird/funny that so many of the recent race changes have been to red headed characters.

I was wondering when someone would comment on April's race change, albeit in a different way. At least no one seems to object to that. :) I have not noticed a backlash against redheads before though.

I wish they went the route that April was a red head, freckles, green eyes, irish accent, really smart, geeky almost, but not realizing how hot she is - naturally beautiful inside and out - just a really cool girl you can't help but like.

The kid that dropped the turtles (in my verso this is part of the origins) down the drain was a cute little kid, picture the kid off the little rascals, dread locks (Whoopi played his mum) - a kid like him, dropping them and being upset. So he knew who each turtle was, he put a splash of paint, a small dot or symbol on their shells in their respective colour.
So as the TMNT grew up, they liked the colours they were assigned and hence why they use those colours.
But also, it turns out that the turtles bump into their previous owner and recognize each other - after all, pets never forget their owners - but it turns out the original owner, he has character traits which the turtles took on as part of living with him in his bedroom and the mutagen. He was great on a skate board and also surfed (mikey), he built things and made elaborate traps and inventions (Donnie), he looked after his sister and was a real leader (Leo) and at times, got aggressive when bullied (Ralph) and we see like a montage of this wight he turtles on his shelf kinda watching him, as he loving fed and looked after them.

That's the heart of the lore for me. I also envisage Shredder as basically a nut job, a crazy guy who is a ninja wannabe, wears these crazy home made concept suits of razors and you would expect him to still live in his mom's basement - says he is speaking to aliens and hears them and then is obsessed with he turtles and hunts them down.
At the end of the series - he is locked away for being insane and he swears these aliens from dimension x are real and he draws krang on the wall etc - suddenly a flash of light, fabric of time rips open and low and behold they are there, setting him free - showing that rang was mind controlling him all along and that he was never really like that.

I just can't get over those awful styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"