Batman vs the black Joker thug

Cheap as in he had to trick him and pull him down the chasm instead of beating him in fisticuffs.

He tried to kill Batman . And almost thought he did. So it was self defense. It wasn't cheap. This guy was trying to kill him. You see how he was trying to take Batman's head off when he swung at him with the chains like three or four times. Batman was injured bad and didn't have time for games . The only thing that was on his mind other than staying alive was to kill the man that killed his parents which in this case was the Joker.You saw how he took the first guy out that was backflipping toward him with knives on his boots. Batman was driven to take down the Joker and nobody was going to stop him even in his weak condition .

Would you rather have the thug look down for Batman. Then the thug feels and sees Batmans shadow behind him. Then gets startled and starts falling off the ledge . Then Batman says to the thug as he's falling, "I don't have to kill you , but I don't have to save you. "

Lame.

Cheap as in he had to trick him and pull him down the chasm instead of beating him in fisticuffs.
Batman didn't trick him, he improvised his situation. The thug pushed Batman down the shaft, he grabbed onto the ledge, and as the thug looked down, he grabbed his head with his legs.

Batman didn't trick him, he improvised his situation. The thug pushed Batman down the shaft, he grabbed onto the ledge, and as the thug looked down, he grabbed his head with his legs.
You know, I actually forgot about that. So I guess it wasn't a trick, though I have never been a fan of Batman killing to vicariously. But to that end, that scene is acceptable compared to some of the other things he does in the film.

You know, I actually forgot about that. So I guess it wasn't a trick, though I have never been a fan of Batman killing to vicariously. But to that end, that scene is acceptable compared to some of the other things he does in the film.

Like what exactly?

And well, you're not okay with Batman tricking the thug, you're not okay with Batman killing him in cold blood.

Like what exactly?
Bombing the Axis Chemicals factory, Batman straight-up telling the Joker he's going to kill him simply out of vengeance, that kind of stuff. You could almost argue what Batman did with the thug was self-defense.

And well, you're not okay with Batman tricking the thug, you're not okay with Batman killing him in cold blood.
I'm not a fan of a Batman without that "one rule" yes, but I was wrong when I called what Batman did a trick. It wasn't.

You saw how he took the first guy out that was backflipping toward him with knives on his boots.
What did Batman do to that one guy? I always remember him just sticking his hand out but it was never really clear what he did?

What did Batman do to that one guy? I always remember him just sticking his hand out but it was never really clear what he did?

The thug had knives that stuck out of his boots and tried to do a drop kick on Batman, Batman's gauntlet had something similar to what he had in TDK in the Scarecrow scene and he used it to absorb the force of the kick and caused the guy to fall through the floor.

As said this fight was fair for Batman, got his ass kicked.

The thug had knives that stuck out of his boots and tried to do a drop kick on Batman, Batman's gauntlet had something similar to what he had in TDK in the Scarecrow scene and he used it to absorb the force of the kick and caused the guy to fall through the floor.

The guantlet abosorbed the force of the kick by hitting directly into the goon's privates. To be exact.

It's probably the only fight in the movies where we see Batman physically matched and get beaten up by someone who's not a superior fighter like Catwoman and Ra's.

What did everyone think of this fight?

It's clearly based on the traditional Indiana Jones vs huge indestructable thug (played by Pat Roach) fight scenes.

It's okay, but it's a Tim Burton action scene, not a James Cameron one. Burton's strengths lie elsewhere.

Like what exactly?

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but Batman did not kill him in cold blood, he killed him during a fight in which the guy was trying to kill him as well.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but Batman did not kill him in cold blood, he killed him during a fight in which the guy was trying to kill him as well.

Well, you're right. And I said that myself in this very thread. it was a life or death situation.

I meant 'you're not okay with Batman tricking him or what you say is cold-blood killing.'

Seen them or studied them? I watched Batman '89 again about two or three weeks ago. I don't remember most of it aside from the broad strokes of the plot. Small scenes like the one being discussed only stick out in the memories of the obsessive or those who've literally just seen it.

Are you f***ing kidding me?? That fight scene is memorable, especially because of the music and it's rather humurous tone. It also goes on for a while. I bet most people at least remember Batman fighting some huge black guy at the end of the friggin' picture, even if they don't remember all the beats.

Happy Jack said:
Bombing the Axis Chemicals factory, Batman straight-up telling the Joker he's going to kill him simply out of vengeance, that kind of stuff. You could almost argue what Batman did with the thug was self-defense.

Once you've gone full terrorist, you can't go back.

I'm not a fan of a Batman without that "one rule" yes, but I was wrong when I called what Batman did a trick. It wasn't.
It kind of was. But that's how Burton's Batman gets his kicks.

And so you're OK with "I won't kill you, but I will let you die a horrible death by train crash" instead of straight up killing then, yes?

Are you f***ing kidding me?? That fight scene is memorable, especially because of the music and it's rather humurous tone. It also goes on for a while. I bet most people at least remember Batman fighting some huge black guy at the end of the friggin' picture, even if they don't remember all the beats.

Seriously.

It's not like Batman immediately found the Joker once he got up there. Stuff HAPPENED. The only way you miss something like that is if you got a sandwich or something, EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU SAW THE MOVIE.

And so you're OK with "I won't kill you, but I will let you die a horrible death by train crash" instead of straight up killing then, yes?
I believe that moment was acceptable because Ra's had put himself in that position. He tells Batman before boarding the monorail that his fate would "lie with Gotham", meaning he was on a suicide mission. By the time Batman had subdued him the train couldn't have been stopped and there wasn't really a way for Batman to save Ghul and himself. The dialogue was iffy, but the circumstances were appropriate IMO.

I believe that moment was acceptable because Ra's had put himself in that position. He tells Batman before boarding the monorail that his fate would "lie with Gotham", meaning he was on a suicide mission. By the time Batman had subdued him the train couldn't have been stopped and there wasn't really a way for Batman to save Ghul and himself. The dialogue was iffy, but the circumstances were appropriate IMO.

Actually, he said his "fight" lied with the rest of Gotham, but I can see how it could sound as "fate" :woot:

I'm sure the writers (Nolan and Goyer) could've come up with a way of getting Bats to save both Ra's and himself. I mean, kinda like what he did to save Rachel in TDK. My guess is, it was time for the movie to end, so they had to dispatch Ra's in some way. In true Batman movie fashion, Batman ends up getting his bat foe killed and we missed the opportunity to have a Magneto-like presence in the Batman films.

Batman was just in a plane crash!,Hurt and climbing all those stairs....Must have been damn hurt&tired!.

Love the fight scene, but it's hilarious that they were fighting in this pitch dark belltower and the guy was wearing shades. Guess he wanted to kill the bat in style.

Great scene...but As soon as Batman flips the guy over the edge, for split second it looks like Batman let's go of the ledge he's suppose to be holding on to. Don't know why that's always bugged me.

I googled "Batman vs black guy" and found this thread. I am so glad that I am not the only one with this scene burned into my brain..

the black dood is awesome.. but I see this guy and im wondering.. is this the same black guy with glasses who gets socked by Simon Phoenix?

You guys remember the scene, black guy puts up his fist.. then phoenix tazes everyone. Demolition Man!

Yeah BatMan gave this guy a really good okie doke move. I love this scene. I like when batman crashes through the floor too.

I told my friend thats me when I wanna leave the dive bar after 1 too many. lol

^ welcome to the Hype..............................and for reviving a buried thread.

Mickael Keaton was angry at Ray Charles because of Georgia obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"