Batman: White Knight

Yeah I'll also be holding off until the TPB. This does look really cool but buying single issues is not for me.

been really enjoying this series, credit to all involved
the writing and character tweaks have been on point

highly recommend

I love this series. I've only been back collecting for a year now, and mostly buying stuff that I think looks cool. This is the one series that I have been buying every month. I love the story and the art. The whole damn book is just plain great.

Even though the series is a slow build, I'm looking forward to when it explodes! Hell, I've been blogging about it since it came out!

One thing this series has succeeded in doing: I really don’t know who is right and who is wrong in the whole Batman/Napier dispute.

Same! I'm really happy with this series so far.

One thing this series has succeeded in doing: I really don’t know who is right and who is wrong in the whole Batman/Napier dispute.

I find that to be one of the best parts of the series. It draws you in and holds you.

Yeah, a little too pandering to Harley, but overall a decent read. I’m still not loving most of the way Batman was depicted.

Just finished the final issue, yeah a bit too strong on Harley later on...but its okay.
Writers often tend to ignore how incredible smart Harley can be, so i like it when someone shows that.

However, i thought that with every new issue, Batman and Joker took a bit more step back...which wasnt the best imo.
I liked that the focus was on joker and batman at the beginning, it was the driving force that promoted the series...so it was a bit sad to see this being shoved to the background a bit.

What didnt you like about the way Batman was depicted if i may ask?

What didnt you like about the way Batman was depicted if i may ask?

I don’t like that he was portrayed as so unhinged to the point of being reckless. He was a cynical and sloppy Batman. I also really don’t like the whole “I like hurting criminals” admission. He seemed to get his jollies from the violence he inflicted or at least that’s what he says. I prefer Batman to be more precise than sloppy and to be violent only as a means to an end. He uses fear more than force as his primary weapon. This Batman really seemed more like a thug.

I don’t like that he was portrayed as so unhinged to the point of being reckless. He was a cynical and sloppy Batman. I also really don’t like the whole “I like hurting criminals” admission. He seemed to get his jollies from the violence he inflicted or at least that’s what he says. I prefer Batman to be more precise than sloppy and to be violent only as a means to an end. He uses fear more than force as his primary weapon. This Batman really seemed more like a thug.

Ah yeah, i can see that.
Im not a big fan myself of such a depiction of Batman, but in terms of the story and all...i thought it was okay.

However, i thought that with every new issue, Batman and Joker took a bit more step back...which wasnt the best imo.
I liked that the focus was on joker and batman at the beginning, it was the driving force that promoted the series...so it was a bit sad to see this being shoved to the background a bit.

Pretty much my thoughts on the story as well. The ending fizzled out for me. I really wanted to see the book explore in more depth the mindset of the citizens of Gotham who suddenly decided to put their trust in the Joker while turning on Batman. That was my biggest grievance with the book - the why is hardly ever touched on. It also wrapped up a little too nicely for me as well but I guess that's why Murphy's doing a second part.

McFarlane DC Multiverse ''Batman: White Knight'' figures from Toy Fair 2020

6ytxx48.jpg

VHJ1maT.jpg

pJyPvIK.jpg

saqOo0u.jpg

EDJIy54.jpg

ESvNTpM.jpg

I would buy these new Batman figures, but the chests are way too wide, and crazy looking.

I wish we could get realistic Marvel Legends/SW Black Series adaptations of famous comic suits and Keaton/Bale suits.

The only McFarlane DC figure that is a must-buy for me is the Hellbat. I'll proudly display it at work once I get my hands on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"