Batman: Last Knight

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Scott Snyder & Sean Murphy to Reunite For Batman: Last Knight
Writer Scott Snyder and artist Sean Murphy will reunite for DC Comics’ Batman: Last Knight. “I want it to be my last Batman story for a long time,” Snyder said this afternoon at New York Comic Con.

Both creators are, of course, well-acquainted with the Dark Knight: Snyder is well known for his work on Batman, All Star Batman and the current Batman-centered event, with artist Greg Capullo, Dark Nights: Metal, while Murphy just launched Batman: White Knight.

“Batman suddenly wakes up and he’s … young,” Snyder teased during DC’s Batman panel, “but he wakes up in this post-apocalyptic wasteland, crawling out of the sand in this Gotham City that’s been ruined. He’s got the Joker’s head chained to his belt, but it’s alive and like ‘You gotta move, kid!’ It’s got old Wonder Woman, Baby Superman — it’s like my Lone Wolf and Cub Batman story.”

Snyder explained that he received advice from Grant Morrison about how to write iconic heroes like the Caped Crusader. “He said you’ve got to give them a birth and a death,” he recalled. “So this isn’t really a death, but this is a closing a chapter in my version of Batman.”

Gordon and Murphy previously collaborated on Vertigo’s American Vampire and The Wake, and a short story for DC’s Detective Comics.

No release date was announced for Batman: Last Knight.
I haven't disliked his Batman work as much as some around here seem to, but I do think this is for the best. Free him up to do other things, perhaps something in the more horror-y corners of the DCU.

Seems like a pretty weird concept, though. Could be cool or really terrible.

Gotta say I'm not generally a fan of Snyder's work on Batman and this doesn't sound that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"