Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament(2020 Edition)

Thor advances. Next match

Battle of the Joe Johnston Films

The Rocketeer
6e2dc7a48333c56be32853d224db4dfb.jpg

VS.

Captain America: The First Avenger
71pXkYJfZaL._AC_SY741_.jpg

I have not seen Rocketeer in ages, so I can't vote for it. Love the First Avenger though, my love for this version of Cap in subsequent movies and how the character is presented in animation helped me really love his first MCU outing.

While i'm late for some of the party i'll still weigh in for the previous ones as well as the current battle.

Batman vs Spiderman: Homecoming
X-Men vs Superman Returns
Sin City vs Iron Man 2
Thor vs MIB: International
The Rocketeer vs Captain America: The First Avenger

In bold are my winners.

I'm going with TFA since I haven't seen The Rocketeer in years. I remember really enjoying it though.

Captain America: TFA. I haven't seen The Rocketeer for a long time, but when I did, I was pretty meh on it. Meanwhile, I did really like The First Avenger, clunky ending aside. So unless my tastes have really changed, the answer is First Avenger.

The First Avenger. Did a great job telling Cap's origin, very strong performances all around that really made you long for more even though you knew they'd only be around for one movie. And Hugo Weaving was incredible as Red Skull.

I'll go with the animated TMNT movie even though I do have a soft spot for that first Fantastic 4 movie. Evans was the best thing about both of those movies IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"