Battle of the comic book movies tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom892

Coming Home
Reaction score
I decided since there is a vast amount of comic book movies done already a tournament is possible with several rounds. Some matches will be three movies at a time since there are more than 64 movies. First movie to get to 7 votes advances. Also this will only include movies released in theaters both domestically and internationally. No direct to DVD movies like Ultimate Avengers or All Star Superman.It includes all movie up until the end of 2010. Alright Round 1 Match 1!

Battle of the Marvel Threequels

MPW-34042

vs.

spiderman3poster1.jpg

X-Men The Last Stand. Jean vs Xavier was intense. That battle alone is more intense than anything in SP3.

X-Men The Last Stand. Jean vs Xavier was intense. That battle alone is more intense than anything in SP3.

That was a good scene, even though seeing Storm fight was cringe-worthy to watch.

That was a good scene, even though seeing Storm fight was cringe-worthy to watch.

Agreed. Its almost as if the execs were tired of hearing Halle complain so they said "Just make her twirl around a couple times and cgi some lightning in there. Oh, and make the clouds turn black as well!" But the Jean and Xavier fight was just chilling. Very well done. If only the amount of effort that was put into that scene was there for the rest of the movie, we would have had a X Men 4 instead of origins........which I admit is a guilty pleasure of mine. Still would have rather seen a fourth movie though. And one last thing I absolutely have to get off my chest. Am I the only one who thought Colossus looked so much more detailed and just simply more awesome in X2???? He looked awful in The Last Stand.

No you aren't.I was rather disappointed with his look in X3.

Spider-Man 3.

No matter how bad the dance scenes were or how bad some of the plotting was (the all-knowing butler?), it had moments of true iconic brilliance: The Birth of Venom; The Birth of Sandman; Dark suited Peter blowing up Harry's face; Peter and Harry's Team-Up. It also has the second best set of action scenes in a superhero movie to date (the first being Spider-Man 2).

But most of all despite all the stupid, campy crap that Raimi added--I still cared about these characters. Peter, Harry and even Dunst's MJ were endearing and I still cared what happened to them. I was sad to see Hary die and felt bittersweetness to Peter and MJ's reunion at the end.

X-Men 3 straight-up sucked. Other than Xavier's death, there was nothing memorable about the movie. Despite having nearly twice the budget of X2 and more than double the budget of X1, it had less interesting or intense action sequences than either of Singer's efforts. It was deadly dull. The action was bland CGI mediocrity and worst of all it failed to make me care.

When one factors in that most of the heavy lifting had been done already for fox and Ratner by Bryan Singer...still failing to make me care about the proceedings or characters is a huge testament to the level of failure that movie was. Singer at least made Logan, Rogue, Xavier, Magneto and Mystique engaging and intriguing characters that audiences cared about. Yet Fox/Ratner ****ed it all up and ruined every last one of them.

Plus killing Cyclops, declawing Logan, ruining Magneto and curing Rogue (thereby endorsing "pray the gay away" type logic) is far, FAR WORSE than two dance scenes in Spider-Man 3.

I'm going to stop there.

Spider-Man 3. It still is a decent movie, just not to the level of the first two. It is miles better than The Last Stand.

Spider-Man 3. I think its better than the first, and almost as good as SM2. X3....:dry:

Many of the problems in X3 come from it's short running time. X1 was too short, and it had far less characters. X3 has got a much bigger budget, and a much bigger cast, and more storylines to deal with, and yet it rushes through everything. Rogue needed more screentime, not only was she one of the main characters and audience identification figures of the previous movies, but her storyline in X3 was central to the whole theme: should you take the cure? Instead Rogue was an afterthought. Cyclops needed something of substance rather than being depressed, riding to a lake and being killed off camera. Angel's storyline was barely more than a cameo when there was so much potential there to explore the conflict with his father.

Even the stuff with Jean, although supposedly a central plot in the movie, feels underdeveloped. We barely see her react to killing the two men she most loved and cared for. Where is the conflict in her? Why exactly does she have an evil personality inside her, and why does she join Magneto?

All potential, all wasted because the movie is so damn hurried.

Spider-Man 3 BY FAR. Personally, I thought SPider-Man 3 was fantastic! Here's how I would rank each film. :spidey:

1st. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
2nd. Spider-Man (2002)
3rd. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

X-Men 3? Such a dissapoint.

Spider-Man 3.

Birth of the Sandman pretty much is the reason why.

X-Men 3. The Last Stand itself is one of the greatest action scenes in comic book movie history.

I can watch it without cringing too.

Spider-man 3 advances to round 2.Next Match is

Battle of the Franchise Killers

MPW-16494

Vs.

batman-and-robin-poster.jpg

Batman and Robin. Alicia Silverstone and Uma Thurman are schaaaaawing.

Batman and Robin, I can't even finish Superman IV. Both suck though.

Neither killed the franchise. If they did, there wouldn't be people talking about upcoming Superman and Batman movies right now.

Batman and Robin, even though the film may be the worst in the franchise, it is entertaining to some degree. Aside from the neon lights and ridiculous puns, the film is watchable.

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

We did get to see evil Superman and 'The Quest For Peace' IS kinda what the 'still just an illegal alien' Superman thinks this planet is doing.

Neither killed the franchise. If they did, there wouldn't be people talking about upcoming Superman and Batman movies right now.

Yeah but we're talking about reboots that completely ignore these films lol.

I vote Batman and Robin ... Uma Thurman and Arnold Schwarzenegger were fun to watch.

Neither film is watchable. But at least the filmmakers of B&R were competent on a technical level. Movie is still like watching paint dry and mind-numbing, but in a more efficient way than Superman IV, I suppose.

Batman & Robin. The Alfred/Batman scenes are good and I actually liked Arnold as Mr. Freeze. He was entertaining at least. Better than the rest of the movie. The movie is awful, but there are more redeeming points than Superman IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"