Bayonetta 2

As long as we get a port for every console and PC, I'm fine.

And it does appear to be Bayo 1 for PC.

And only for 20 bucks. Never played this series or DMC so I'll give it a try.

Highly recommended. Even if I prefer 2, 1 is still a great game.

Bayonetta was the best game of its kind until Bayonetta 2 imo.

Boooooo, no part 3.

Originally Posted by Sithborg
And it does appear to be Bayo 1 for PC.
yep there's dev diary too

PC
[FONT=&quot]Bayonetta now available for PC via Steam with 4K support[/FONT]
Published 14 hours ago. 284 comments.

Eight years late, but better late than never.

Bayonetta-PC-Today_04-11-17.jpg

Bayonetta is now available for PC via Steam with 4K support and advanced graphics options.

Users who purchase the game before April 25 will get the Digital Deluxe Edition—which includes a five-song soundtrack, digital art book, and exclusive wallpapers and avatars—at no additional cost.
Here’s an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
About
From PlatinumGames’ legendary director Hideki Kamiya of Resident Evil and Devil May Cry fame, Sega brings one of the most universally acclaimed character action games of all time to PC.
Bayonetta. The last survivor of an ancient witch clan who keep the balance between light, dark and chaos. Entombed to protect herself – and the world as we know it – Bayonetta is discovered and revived after 500 years, sparking a chain of events with cataclysmic repercussions.
Thrust straight into battle, with only one clue to her past, Bayonetta must discover the truth and fight for the future. Her daunting conquest sees her face off against countless angelic enemies and giant foes in a game of 100% pure action.
Bayonetta on PC is best experienced with a controller.
Features

• Deadly Grace – An alluring, stylish and all-action heroine unlike anyone else on the gaming landscape, Bayonetta is ready to push your senses to the limit.
  • Climax Action – Over-the-top action in extreme environments resulting in continuous high levels of tension and excitement – Bayonetta pushes the genre into new realms of intensity.
  • Extravagant Combat – Bayonetta wields an impressive arsenal of weapons through an intuitive and fluid combat system, unleashing deadly combos and special attacks with devastating results.
  • Supernatural Powers – Unleash gruesome torture attacks such as the Iron Maiden, Guillotine and more to finish off enemies and send them to hell.
  • Full Steam Support – Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud Save, Trading Cards, Leader Boards, and Big Picture Mode.
  • Enhanced PC Graphics Options – Unlocked resolutions up to 4K, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, SSAO lighting, scalable texture and shadow quality, and more.
  • English and Japanese Voice Overs – Freely switch languages and subtitles at any time.
Watch the PC launch trailer and a developer diary below.
PC Launch Trailer

[YT]UZOzg3SsF_U[/YT]
Bayonetta - PC Launch Trailer

[FONT="]
  • 1,029 views11 hours ago
Developer Diary

[/FONT]
[YT]UZOzg3SsF_U[/YT]​
Bayonetta - Developer Diary, Part 1

[FONT="]
  • 286 views10 hours ago
[/FONT]
Read More
PC,Bayonetta,Clips,Developer Diaries,Game Release,Platinum Games,Sega,Trailers
source: Gematsu

I'm not sure I could play it without Hellena Taylor's voice.

So get on part 3 already.

So get on part 3 already.
yeah they keep saying they want to do 3 too. but with them they likely want to see these ssame numbers on consoles. We'll see what happen if they do it or not though. Nintendo will have have done on the switch and we'llse if othe console will get it if they think installment 3 need warrenting.

I know that a pain they should just do it.

Well, I don't think Platinum is going to be eager about partnering with Microsoft any time soon...

Sega and Platinum don't have the money for a legit third game. Someone else is going to have to fund it. I hope they find that money. This or DMC 5 are what I want from them the most. That is of course all up to Capcom.

That Nintendo released the separate Bayonetta 2 game fuels my hope.

Nintendo releasing adult games on a console... Get real, guys.

Conker's Bad Fur Day and Eternal Darkness you forgot about?

Or was that sarcasm? :o

Conker's and ED were child's play. Watcha talkin about, Sithborg.

[FONT=&quot]A "formless, shapeless" IP that's in the early stages of development.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PlatinumGames, the studio who brought us Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengence and the Vanquish (recently released on PC) is reportedly working on a new IP. The details are scarce, but it's definitely not a sequel to any existing series.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to DualShockers, PlatinumGames producer Atsushi Inaba said during a keynote at BitSummit in Japan that the studio is working on something. He described it as a "formless, shapeless IP." He could not give more details than that, but it was disclosed that it will be directed by someone new.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Last year, Inaba mentioned that PlatinumGames was thinking about making a new IP, but it was just an idea. It seems this idea has become more concrete. Also during this year's BitSummit, Inaba said he isn't sure if PlatinumGames will continue releasing one game per year, perhaps focusing on the development of different projects.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While the studio was initially founded on the premise of only creating their own franchises, they have been known for partnering with other franchises quite often. The short list of games including Star Fox Zero, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and Transformers: Devastation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"We used to have the idea that we wanted to be a studio that only made 100 percent original games," PlatinumGames head Tatsuya Minami said, "However, it turns out that only doing that is considerably difficult, and so now we take on various work."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PlatinumGames was working on Scalebound but ultimately dropped the project, later picked up by Microsoft. More details on PlatinumGames' new IP to be reported as they're announced.[/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
PLATINUM GAMES
[/FONT]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Presumably, the new IP isn't being worked on with Microsoft.

But just give me Bayo 3. Or even the Jeanne game that Kamiya likes to talk about.

Platinum Games Producer Atsushi Inaba Talks Switch, PC Ports, Bayonetta, And Ace Attorney. May 30, 2017 . 8:30am

In a recent interview, Platinum Games’ Atsushi Inaba spoke on various topics, including his thoughts on the Nintendo Switch, the possibility of Bayonetta 3 happening, and more.

30 comments Read >

During this year’s BitSummit in Kyoto, Japan, SourceGaming got the chance to speak to Platinum Games’ Atsushi Inaba. In the interview, Inaba touched on various topics, including his thoughts on the Nintendo Switch, the possibility of Bayonetta 3 happening, as well as his memories of working as the producer of Ace Attorney games.

You can find some excerpts from the interview below.
SourceGaming: What feature of the Nintendo Switch interests you the most?
Inaba: The fact that you can use the hardware both inside and outside, that intrinsic feature of the console itself. I think that’s what really propels the popularity of the Switch.

What do you think of the Nintendo Switch as a platform to develop for?
It’s kind of hard to say, as you don’t want to make the game fit the hardware, you want to make the hardware fit the game – you don’t want to add a gimmick to your game just because the hardware supports it – but with the Switch, now we’re in this time where you can play Zelda on the plane, whenever you want, because you can keep it with you or bring it outside, and that’s something we couldn’t have imagined before. So perhaps the thing to do now is to make a game that draws people in and that people want to keep playing, and they can because they don’t have to wait until they’re at home. That’s one thing that would be great to get out of the Switch.

If Bayonetta 3 were to ever happen, would Bayonetta still be the protagonist or would you try to surprise fans?
Maybe there would be a male Bayonetta! (laughs). I would like to make Bayonetta 3. We’re talking within the company even now about what to do. But because we’re constantly talking about it, that actually makes it really hard to say. If we weren’t talking about it, we could just say something random or offhand, you know, but because we’re actually talking about it…Of course, that’s just something that you talk about when you’re making a series – do you want to keep the same protagonist? There’s plenty of precedent for changing protagonists, and so that is something we discuss – do we want to keep the same one, have a different one, add new ones – but that’s certainly not anything I can say for sure at this point.

Bayonetta 1 and Vanquish were recently ported to PC with great critical reception. Are you hoping to bring other titles to the platform in the same way?
The intent is not to take older games and simply re-release them on Steam – the intent is to let as many people as possible play the games, and if it’s possible to put them up on Steam, they can do that. The PC market has been a really big market, so being able to reach that market is something we would really like to do going forward if we can.

What are your thoughts on Bayonetta making it into Super Smash Bros.? How involved were you in that process?
I didn’t have that discussion with Sakurai myself. I think Sakurai most likely puts characters in that he really likes, so he must have really liked Bayonetta. I was really happy to see Bayonetta in Smash. I hope she’s in future Smash games as well.

…do we have time for one more question? You were the original producer for the Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) series. It was rather unusual idea for a game at the time, do you have any memories of its development that might interest fans?
In the beginning, it was really hard to do – it was released on the Game Boy Advance, which was generally thought of as a children’s gaming device, so there was a lot of doubt about whether people would actually buy this kind of game. When I proposed the idea within the company, people just told me “this is never going to fly, that doesn’t work, that’s a dumb idea.” That made me kind of angry at them a bit, so I went to Nintendo and asked them if they could help me out with the idea. They helped me to build on it. At the beginning, nobody wanted to make it, but after it turned out to be popular, everyone was saying things like “hey, when are you making a second one?”.

To read the entire interview, you can go here.

Read more stories about Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 & Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney & Super Mario Bros. on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

How do you change the protagonist of a self-titled series? If they were to go that route, they might as well name it something else and consider it a spiritual successor or spinoff of Bayonetta. Actually a spiritual successor would likely be best since Bayonetta was more of a cult classic instead of something that blew up

Jeanne.

Also, it would be interesting to see if there were any kind of Smash Bros boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"