Bayonetta 2

I still have some mixed feelings about the WiiU exclusivity. I know, deep down, it's a good thing, because the game may not have existed if not for Nintendo's involvement, but man, I can't think of a system I have less interest in buying than the ****ing WiiU.

Haha, it's fun looking at this post now, since I have a Wii U and enjoy it a lot.

Also, awesome new trailer. Probably game of the year.

Sorry you can ether head to the link this time as there's a video I can't embed from there cause it's a new one and I don't know how to do it for that one. I do my best with this

Bayonetta 2 Director Shows Off New “Umbral Climax” Feature. February 14, 2014 . 11:21am

Bayonetta 2 director Yusuke Hashimoto, has posted a brief message for fans on the PlatinumGames blog.

heres the short code thatleads to the video at the top just click it should lead you there. otherwise head to the article it's self where the video is viewable.
http://videos.videopress.com/hbzI9GFS/20140214_sse2_hd.mp4

Hashimoto uses his blog post to touch briefly upon a new feature in Bayonetta 2, called the “Umbran Climax,” which he demonstrates using the video above.

“In addition to the original’s gameplay system—dodging at the last minute to perform Witch Time, saving up your Magic Gauge to use Torture Attacks—Bayonetta 2 includes a new feature called Umbran Climax,” he writes.

“Now saving your Magic Gauge also gives you the option to unleash a combo made of successive Wicked Weave and Infernal Demon summons. This wide-ranged attack can effectively give you free rein over the battlefield.”

Bayonetta 2 is slated for release in Japan this Summer, and in the west sometime this year. Hashimoto says that Platinum are “starting to reach the climax stage of development” of the game.

You can view new screenshots from Bayonetta 2 below.

source:Siliconera

Last edited:
The first is one of my favorite games. I have loved everything I have seen for the sequel. It is just too bad for me it is on the Wii U. I can barely afford one new system, let alone two.

Dress Bayonetta Up As Samus And Peach In Bayonetta 2. June 10, 2014 . 9:38am

Bayonetta will be able to don Nintendo costumes in Bayonetta 2, Nintendo revealed this morning.

Bayonetta will be able to don Nintendo costumes in Bayonetta 2, Nintendo revealed this morning. A trailer for the game showed Bayonetta in Samus’ Varia Suit from the Metroid games, and Nintendo confirmed Peach’s outfit over Twitter, too.

I can't believe they are bundling Bayonetta with Bayonetta 2 for free, with some new content. Amazing. :awesome:

Bayonetta 2 Will Come With Bayonetta 1 Bundled For Wii U. June 10, 2014 . 10:38am

The retail version of Bayonetta 2 will come with a copy of the original Bayonetta bundled with the game.

The retail version of Bayonetta 2 will come with a copy of the original Bayonetta bundled with the game, Nintendo announced at E3 today. They also showed off a brand new trailer for the game:

[YT]DvP4EFjagfU[/YT]

Bayonetta 2 is slated for release in October 2014 in North America.

fig_costume-1.png
fig_costume-2.png
fig_costume-3.png

Bayonetta On Wii U: 60fps, Off-TV Play, Dual Audio. June 11, 2014 . 10:00am

The Wii U version of Bayonetta will have a few exclusive features.

Retail copies of Bayonetta 2 will come with the original Bayonetta bundled with them, Nintendo revealed at E3 this past week—and the Wii U version of Bayonetta will have a few exclusive features.

For starters, you’ll be able to use the Wii U GamePad touch screen and stylus to control the game, just like the optional touch controls in Bayonetta 2. Additionally, off-TV play using the GamePad for the original Bayonetta is confirmed as well.

Nintendo have also confirmed that you will be able to choose between Japanese and English voice-tracks in Bayonetta. Finally, they’ve confirmed that Bayonetta will run at 60 frames-per-second on Wii U.

Here’s a few screenshots of Bayonetta running on Wii U:

more Images at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/11/bayonetta-wii-u-60fps-tv-play-dual-audio/#oieIri5dyt138vCT.99

and

Bayonetta 2 Will Have Online Co-Op Multiplayer. June 11, 2014 . 1:01pm

Bayonetta 2 will have an online co-operative multiplayer mode, Nintendo announced at E3.

Bayonetta 2 will have an online co-operative multiplayer mode, Nintendo announced at E3. The mode is called “Tag Climax,” and will let two players team up together.

Additionally in online quick matches, you’ll be able to wager Halos, the in-game currency earned by defeating enemies. If you can prove that you’re a better fighter than your partner, you’ll earn a large number of Halos back.

Halos can then be traded in story mode to unlock new techniques, buy new accessories, and pick up alternate weapon variations.
Bayonetta 2 will be released on Wii U this October. Retail copies of the game will come with the original Bayonetta included, with a few Wii U-exclusive features.

[/QUOTE]

I'll probably do a playthrough of the original Bayonetta, though I've played it to death.

Bayonetta’s Nintendo Themed Costumes Are Incredibly Detailed. June 12, 2014 . 12:16pm

Bayonetta 2 director Yusuke Hashimoto says that PlatinumGames worked with Nintendo’s designers on each new costume that they created.

As reported earlier in the week, the original Bayonetta will be included along with retail copies of Bayonetta 2, and the game has some original content on the Wii U that wasn’t present in the original version. One of these pieces of content is new costumes for Bayonetta, based on Link, Samus and Princess Peach.

The catch is, the Nintendo-themed costumes also change the way Bayonetta’s attacks look. For example, when you use the Link costume, Bayonetta equips the Master Sword. Additionally, all Halos, which are the currency in Bayonetta, turn to Rupees and make the same sound they do when you pick them up in the Zelda games. Finding items results in Zelda music, too.

Speaking during a Nintendo Treehouse livestream, Bayonetta 2 director Yusuke Hashimoto said that PlatinumGames worked with Nintendo’s designers on each new costume that they created. Hashimoto said that, initially, there was an undershirt beneath Bayonetta’s Link costume, but that Nintendo suggested they get rid of it, since it wasn’t fitting of Bayonetta’s character.

Hashimoto joked that he was surprised Nintendo would suggest that, but PlatinumGames went ahead and removed the undershirt, giving the costume its final form that you see above.

Another costume in the game is Samus’ Power Suit from Metroid. Hashimoto pointed out that this is the original Power Suit, not the Varia Suit with rounded shoulders.

One neat feature present in this costume is that you can change whether the visor on the helmet is up or down. You can change the visor on the fly depending on your preference. While using this costume, Bayonetta equips Samus’ arm cannon.

Finally, the Peach costume has Bayonetta dressing like Princess Peach. This costume causes her to summon Bowser’s fist instead of a demon, and it changes all Halos to coins.

and

Bayonetta Will Get To Control A Mech In Bayonetta 2. June 12, 2014 . 2:16pm

Bayonetta will get to pilot some sort of a mech in Bayonetta 2, Nintendo and PlatinumGames revealed today.

Bayonetta will get to pilot some sort of a mech in Bayonetta 2, Nintendo and PlatinumGames revealed today on Nintendo’s Treehouse live-stream.

According to director Yusuke Hashimoto, the mech doesn’t control all that differently from Bayonetta herself. Punches can go into bullet attacks, kicks can go into a strong blast attack.

Like Bayonetta, the mech attacks using both hands and feet. It has machineguns on its hands and some sort of shotgun-like weapon on its legs.

Bayonetta 2 is slated for release this October.

It still looks fun regardless.

Totally getting this now, ESPECIALLY because of it begin bundled with the original, which I wasn't able to play before. Nintendo = WINNING!

Just saw the recent Treehouse vids. I am definitely getting the game(s).

Bayonetta 2 Includes Bayonetta Game Disc In Japan. June 16, 2014 . 12:27am

Bayonetta for Wii U will have Nintendo themed costumes that change Bayonetta into Samus, Princess Peach, and Link.

Nintendo announced Bayonetta 2 will include the first game, previously released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as a bonus. Bayonetta for Wii U will have Nintendo themed costumes that change Bayonetta into Samus, Princess Peach, and Link. These special outfits have other Nintendo touches like changing the graphics and sound effects.

In Japan, retail copies of Bayonetta 2 will include Bayonetta on a separate disc. However, in the West, Bayonetta will be a digital download on the eShop when you purchase a boxed copy of Bayonetta 2 or get it from the eShop.

Bayonetta 2 is slated for release on September 20 in Japan.

Ah, I wish they would do a disc for the NA release. I already have the 360 copy, and played it to the death, but it'd be nice to have a physical copy.

We won't have to wait lon now that this news is out the y have to cause I'm sure people in the west buying a WiiU will be demanding it of Nintendo.

I'm sure a digital copy will be fine for most people. I mean, it's fine for me, too, I just would prefer to have a physical one.

PlatinumGames Show Off Bayonetta 2’s New Weapons. June 18, 2014 . 11:02am

Nintendo and PlatinumGames provide a good look at Bayonetta 2, complete with commentary from director Yusuke Hashimoto.

[YT]VkyFJLdMUtE[/YT]

During E3, Nintendo and PlatinumGames provided a good look at Bayonetta 2, complete with commentary from director Yusuke Hashimoto and producer Akiko Kuroda.

During the live-stream, Kuroda demonstrates some of Bayonetta’s new moves and weapons—one of which is a scythe that can turn into a rifle. Bayonetta also equips a weapon on her feet called Undine, which can either be a flamethrower or fire a stream of ice, depending on its elemental affinity.

Bayonetta 2 will be released this October.

And
Finally some news on the anime

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate Anime Film Licensed For North America By Funimation. June 18, 2014 . 3:00pm

Funimation have picked up the rights to distribute the Bayonetta: Bloody Fate anime film in the U.S. and Canada.

[YT]l3wgBIuxbY4[/YT]

Funimation have picked up the rights to distribute the Bayonetta: Bloody Fate anime film in the U.S. and Canada, the publisher announced today.

Produced by Studio Gonzo and director Fuminori Kizaki (Afro Samurai), the film follows the general story of the first Bayonetta game, but with a few changes.

Funimation say Kizaki will be a guest of honour at Anime Expo this year (July 3rd – 6th), where Funimation will give fans a “sneak peek” at Bayonetta: Bloody Fate’s English dub. The film will play at the convention, and Kizaki will hold a Q&A on Saturday, July 5th, at 8:15 pm.

Last edited:
It's so funny that the only console you can play the Bayonetta sequel is the Wii U, yet the only console you can't watch the film is the Wii U.

I remember they added tv channels to the WiiU and an anime one was of them it was in the Wiiu you thread.v now I remember it was this
There’s Some 10,000 Anime Episodes For Wii U Streaming In Japan. January 1, 2014 . 2:30pm

Love Gundam or any of the other series that Bandai have put out in the past? Have a Japanese Wii U?

Love Gundam or any of the other series that Bandai have put out in the past? Have a Japanese Wii U? Then you might be interested to know that in Japan, there’s actually a Wii U Bandai Channel. If you download and add the channel to your list, free viewers get to check out around 500 different anime series’ first episodes for free an unlimited number of times.
If you do cough up some cash for a monthly Bandai Namco ID, though, you’ll gain access to almost the entire backlog of some 580 different shows such as Sgt Frog, the Gundam series, and more. The monthly cost is just 1050 yen (about $11) and that will give you over 10,000 episodes to watch. Note that to get your ID and sign up for the monthly account you’ll need to use a PC or smart phone.​
Since the channel’s on the Wii U, this means you can watch it on the big screen TV while using the WIi U’s gigantic controller touchscreen to scroll through other shows or view other pertinent information. With such a vast array of shows in the library, you’ll also be able to scroll through them using their main poster shot or via searching, including using keywords.
they just need to set that up for the west with funimation ad others.

Last edited:

Bayonetta on Wii U to feature more extras and enhancements.

At E3 2014, it was announced that the original Bayonetta would come packaged with Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U this October. The E3 trailer showcased series’ heroine in various costumes from classic Nintendo franchises, including Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, and Metriod. However, according to the game’s director, Isao Negishi, Bayonetta on Wii U will feature even more content than the original. On the Platinum Games official blog, Negishi showed off some new gameplay, as well as outlined the various costumes and their attributes.
Negishi elaborated on each new Nintendo-themed costume shown off so far. The Princess Peach costume replaces Bayonetta’s hair attacks with the punches and kicks of Bowser, who can even be summoned during some climax scenes. This outfit also seems to replace the regular currency of the game with the classic coins from Super Mario Bros. When Bayonetta wears Link’s costume, she can wield the Master Sword by equipping the Shuraba. The Master Sword will also form for the massive Wicked Weaves attack. Sound effects from A Link to the Past will also play at certain points in the game. Finally, Bayonetta’s Samus outfit from the original Metriod will give players the ability to flip Samus’ visor up and down during cutscenes, allowing for some comedic moments like the one featured in the reveal trailer.

It should be worth noting that Bayonetta‘s original director, Hideki Kamiya, oversaw and approved every single costume in the game. Negishi has also stated that there are even more new extras found in this enhanced version of the game, and that the game could be considered a “Special Edition.” Bayonetta 2 is set to come out exclusively on Wii U this October.
source: Silicoera

Bayonetta 2 Artist On Why Bayonetta’s New Look Was More Difficult To Create. June 27, 2014 . 12:31pm

Concept artist Mari Shimazaki on creating Bayonetta and Jeanne’s new designs in Bayonetta 2.

PlatinumGame have updated their development blog with a post from concept artist Mari Shimazaki, who was in charge of illustrating Bayonetta and Jeanne’s new designs in Bayonetta 2. Shimazaki did the concept art for both characters, and here’s what she had to say about Bayonetta:

Bayonetta’s overall theme this time is “Solid.”
She’s still wearing black, and I think her shorter hair gives her a generally more masculine look. While her design in the last game focused on curves, this time we see more straight lines. All of her accessories follow this, except her glasses, which I gave a slightly softer design.There was some debate about where to show skin. Once we decided her new cape would come around to the front, we closed the front of her suit off to let the cape stand out. In exchange, we opened up a lot in back.

As water is a big theme of the second game, Hashimoto requested to make her key color blue. This turned out to be a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

Blue doesn’t have the sharp quality of red, her previous key color. As it’s relatively easy on the eyes, making it stand out among all the other textures and colors in the game is a huge headache. On top of that, I had to balance it with black and silver (these colors were also decided right off the bat), which also is not easy. Ever since we decided Bayonetta should wear a sleak, black outfit, it’s always been a nightmare trying to have her properly stand out.

Moving on, here are some of her thoughts on Jeanne’s design in the game:

The keyword for Jeanne’s concept design in Bayonetta 2 is “casual.” Design started when Kamiya came up to me and said “I want to put her on a bike. Draw me a biker suit.”

Jeanne is one of Kamiya’s favorite characters, so most anything Hashimoto and I said would get shot down instantly. I just drew biker suit after biker suit until one was approved. There were actually a few more he liked, but they all maintained a relative simplicity similar to her final approved outfit.

I didn’t intend to accentuate this part of her in my concept art, but Kamiya said Jeanne looks flatter than ever. He was happy about it too, so that’s fine I guess.

Thinking of how she would look side by side with Bayonetta, we decided to give her long hair. I wish I was a witch and could just summon my hair into any hairstyle I wanted.
Shimazaki discusses both characters in greater detail in the blog post itself. You can read the entire post at this link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"