Batman Begins BB Better then TDK And this is Why

Fabian

Civilian
Reaction score
1.Batcave
2.Better acting performances of the whole esemble
3.A little bit more humor
4.Bats flying around
5.The atmossphere of the city (the rain and darkness)
6.Better city design (really looks gotham to me)
7.Much better story with much more details and reflections on real society
8.Much less polictical ******** like in TDK.

It focusses not to much on Batman's enemy's,but just more on Batman and that's great.The screentime balance of Batman and he's enemy's is perfect.

I'm just being honest here and not saying you all have to believe me.

But BB is THE Batman movie.

1.Batcave
4.Bats flying around

It focusses not to much on Batman's enemy's,but just more on Batman and that's great.The screentime balance of Batman and he's enemy's is perfect.

I disagree.
1.I kind of missed the Batcave in The Dark Knight, but not having it or Wayne Manor improved the film by giving weight to the burning of Wayne Manor in this film. I mean, if it had already been rebuilt by the time the next sequel started, what would have been the point or burning it down in the first place?
2.I liked the performances in both films.
3.The one-liners get kind of annoying, and I'm glad they were dropped in TDK.
4.Are you referring to bats or Batman himself? Because Batman glides in both films.
5.Different areas of the city. TDK took place in Gotham's more wealthy districts, BB took place in the slums.
6.See above.
7.The Dark Knight had the superior story, which took risks and struck a cord with post-9/11 American audiences like no superhero film before it. That's one of the biggest reasons I think it was such a phenomenon.
8.See above.

Overall, Batman Begins was awesome, but The Dark Knight topped it, in my opinion.

I disagree because you listed your points like my 11yo cousin did when he tried to tell me I wasn't "getting any" despite having been married for over a year.

This is like saying cookies is better than brownies and cake is better than ice cream.

I slightly prefer BB over TDK, but for different reasons than the ones listed by OP. As far as the look I prefer TDK, but BB for me wins with its story. BB is more personal to the character, it shows his emotional growth and overall the movie has much more heart. Its a story of Phoenix presented with very real characters with very real emotions and with my favorite comic books character. I also personally love the stories with people getting really screwed in the beginning and then coming back bigger and better than ever to reclaim their place
TDK has some dramatic moments and ideas like the death of rachel and the turnaround of emotionally shredded Dent, but it doesnt have as much emotional weight or impact as BB I think

i think the good in TDK is better then the best things BB has to offer. But, TDK's faults are for worse than anything has to offer. TDK was a mixed bag for me, BB was far more solid and consistent.

No way, I think TDK is much better. Batman Begins is a bit boring for me. I think origin story drags, Ra's and Scarecrow are kinda bland, Katie Holmes stinks, and the fights are too shaky with the camera. I hate the microwave emitter plan as well.

The microwave emitter I deeply dislike as well (same goes for sonar vision - disliked it in BF, disliked it in TDK), for me its like something taken out of the TV show. The scarecrow sure paled in comparison to the comic book character he was supposed to be, but as a different character - a corrupted psychologist - he worked great within the story. Katie Ive never sen in anything prior to or after BB so I never had any preconceived notions about her and liked her performance and character in BB

I think the only fault with BB storywise is that it peaked when Batman triumphed for the first time after strapping Falcone to the signal , with the shot of him standing and watching the city from a building at dawn. Great shot and a great "ending". Anything after it seemed like a "second episode" patched in. I liked it, but it seemed like two different stories

My biggest complaint with BB was the third act as well. But, at the same time, the third act seems to be the failing of all superhero origin movies for some reason.

TDK was just on a whole 'nother level. It transcends superhero movies and edges closer to something oscar-winning, rather than your normal superhero fare...which is what BB most definitely is.

My biggest complaint with BB was the third act as well. But, at the same time, the third act seems to be the failing of all superhero origin movies for some reason.

TDK was just on a whole 'nother level. It transcends superhero movies and edges closer to something oscar-winning, rather than your normal superhero fare...which is what BB most definitely is.

I agree. I think the film might have been better served if Batman had to confront a corrupt Commissioner Loeb in lieu of stopping Ra's al Ghul from destroying Gotham.

I agree. I think the film might have been better served if Batman had to confront a corrupt Commissioner Loeb in lieu of stopping Ra's al Ghul from destroying Gotham.
That's actually not a bad idea.

It would've made it more of the crime drama that TDK became too.

That's actually not a bad idea.

It would've made it more of the crime drama that TDK became too.

Thanks!
And I think it would have really strengthened the idea that the corrupt police are a part of the problem in Gotham City.

1.Batcave
4.Bats flying around

Each movie has its pros and cons but overall I think that TDK is the best movie because it think that through not fault by Nolan but BB is limited because its an origin movie so which has by its nature it share of constraints and a level of predictability.

No way, I think TDK is much better. Batman Begins is a bit boring for me. I think origin story drags, Ra's and Scarecrow are kinda bland, Katie Holmes stinks, and the fights are too shaky with the camera. I hate the microwave emitter plan as well.

And the one-liners stunk, and some of the dialoges were simply bad, and I couldn't possibly agree more with you.

I love Batman Begins, but in comparison to The Dark Knight it's not as good for me. A hero is only as good as his villain, and that's where Begins really lacks. Scarecrow isn't very memorable except in the brief fear gas scenes, and Ra's is too under used. He doesn't even become an actual adversary until the final act either when he re-appears after being gone for over half the movie.

Overall I enjoyed the Batman vs Joker, Batman/Dent/Gordon triumvirate, Dent's downfall, Batman's moral dilemma over keeping the cowl storylines in TDK more.

I think the first act, and even some of the second, is some of the best stuff in any superhero movie. It's in the third act that the film looses steam and sort of devolves into a stock affair. But I still really love the intimacy it has with Bruce, who is treated in a remarkably human way with his own faults and virtues.

I think the first act, and even some of the second, is some of the best stuff in any superhero movie. It's in the third act that the film looses steam and sort of devolves into a stock affair. But I still really love the intimacy it has with Bruce, who is treated in a remarkably human way with his own faults and virtues.

Yup, you can tell when the studio enforced stuff emerges in the film.

The film Nolan wanted to make is contained within the first two acts, ending right after Batman's first night out where he dismantles Falcone and his drug smuggling plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"