Becoming an Extra

Silver Sable said:
Where at?

ditto.

i think everyone thats going to be in the NYC area should organize something and we should discuss how we can all become extras, or just lucky fans watching from afar. i have 3 awesome cameras (nikon SLR, sony digital, & panasonic digicamcorder) so it'd be real awesome if we could take some photos!

There's a friend I know who is suppose to be an extra in the Los Angeles area sometime soon, I'll try to get more info as it comes.:)

Spiderman 3, the continuing action-packed adventures of your friendly neighborhood arachnid guy. Sam Raimi will direct the Alvin Sargent script with stars Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and James Edward Franco set to reprise their star turns and Thomas Haden Church (Sideways) joining as this installment's villain. Casting: Francine Maisler Casting, 10201 W. Washington Blvd., Jimmy Stewart Bldg., Rm. 207, Culver City, CA 90232.
Source: http://architecturemag.com/architec...id=1001056085&schema=&imw=Y&imw=Y&imw=Y&imw=Y

Mrpaul said:
There's a friend I know who is suppose to be an extra in the Los Angeles area sometime soon, I'll try to get more info as it comes.:)

do you know how he got to be an extra?

so all we do is search for "Central Casting" in our area on Google? i'll try that

me and jspider13 both live in culver city, real close to sony... any tips on us becoming an extra?

Saw this posted on the Hype! mainpage.

From The Plain Dealer:
A chance to swing with Spidey

Friday, April 07, 2006

Can Clevelanders pass for New Yorkers? "Spider-Man 3" is looking for extras who have that Upper West Side look.

The movie, which is filming some action scenes here this month, is holding its only open casting call from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday in the English Oak Room at Tower City Center, said casting director Lillian Pyles.

Thousands are expected to show up, said Pyles, who did casting for "Antwone Fisher" and "Against the Ropes" when they filmed here.

"Spider-Man 3" needs 200 extras for each day of shooting from Friday, April 21, to Saturday, April 29.

Participants must be 18 and over and should bring a photograph (no digital images).

Bring a pen for filling out an application, but leave children at home.

Only people who attend the casting call will be considered for roles as extras, Pyles said.

If cast, extras will be part of a New York street scene and get $75 for a 12-hour day.

They can work for just one day or work every day, she said.

Call 216-321-8439 for more information.

"Spider-Man 3" stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst.

The comic book-inspired movie is due in theaters next year.

- Julie E. Washington
Source: http://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...ase/entertainment/1144398679186100.xml&coll=2

I wish I wasn't too hideous to be filmed. I have no mirrors in my home for a reason.:(...:O

Visionary said:
I wish I wasn't too hideous to be filmed. I have no mirrors in my home for a reason.:(...:O
Vampire syndrome?

I've been thinking, Cleveland won out over New York for exterior shooting. Isn't it possible that they may still do some "interior" shooting in the Big Apple? I hope so, since I am looking for people to sign my petition to bring back the Spider-Man balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, located on: http://www.petitiononline.com/mrvl2099/petition.html. Sounds like a stretch, but I'm willing to try anything to get the support I need at this point. You guys are welcome to sign it if you like.

Also, did I mention that I managed to meet and talk to Sam Raimi when they were filming "Spider-Man 2"?

Perhaps they don't want to film in New York, because there's too many people that will be taking pictures of key scenes and posting them on the web. This way Sony will have a lot less pics of SM3 floating around. Or maybe they just haven't shot in New York yet.

I'm actually going to get to be an extra in the 2nd unit filming in Cleveland. They're using me and my car. I'm super jacked for it!

I'll second that. I've been invited to bring my car up for filming as well. I'm bummed out that none of the major stars will be there though.

I too was cast with my car. Has anyone else that was cast gotten a call yet this week? I was told I'd be called this week with an on set time and details but haven't been called yet. I'm getting worried....:(

I'm assuming you guys were there today (and I very possibly met you) as they did the dry-run and testing of the drivers. If not, they'll be calling people the day before shooting (at least for the drivers).

No, I wasn't notified to be there today. Now I'm really worried. The casting guy told me I'd be needed on set every day of shooting, but If they didn't have me there today, then I wonder what they want me for then. Do you know for sure they'll be calling those of us who were'nt there today tomorrow?Thanks. :)

I haven't heard anything outside of what they've told me. Keep your ear out though as they told those of us they had there today that it's a day-by-day thing and they'll be calling people basically the day before.

Yeah, but I'm not too excited about that Padraig. You were pulled into the "special" group of 21 and I wasn't. I'm going to be EXTREMELY ticked off if they tell me too be 'on-call' all week long and then never call me. By the way, I was the one driving the piece-o-***** light blue Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra in the first group. What were you driving???

Hmmmm, I can't remember if I remember that one or not. Was that the one with the rough exhaust? I do remember seeing that one.

I was in a tan Alero in the first part of the second group to go.

Of course anything I say about the "core group" is from other people in the group telling me. I ran to my car to get my payment voucher and missed part of what she told us. I asked someone else while we were waiting in line to be signed out and they told me.

About How many drivers were there? I still haven't gotten a call yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"