• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice returns!

Good lord, this looks beautiful. It's surreal to see a modern Tim Burton movie with the majority of effects being practical. The full trailer should be dropping soon!

This look's fantastic! Burton really seems to be going back to basics with this. If it's as fun as it looks, this could be his comeback!

I'm assuming Beetlejuice is able to escape from his afterlife civil service punishment by using the shrunked-headed hunter as a decoy.

The trailer just hit YouTube!

Oh man this looks like so much fun! I'm looking forward to this!

Beetlejuice, Furiosa: Mad Max Saga, Deadpool and Wolverine...... The most excited I've been for cinema in quite a long time!

Was this the movie being touted as being all practical? Definitely not the case if that was said. Anyway, this has more energy than I would have expected so that's good. Should be fun.

What a beautiful trailer! The use of so much practical effects is so rare that it feels jarring but in a very good way. looks amazing!!

I have a lot of thoughts about this. The effects all over the place (it looks signifcantly worse then the original), Jenna Ortega has a weird credit considering she seems to be the third most important character at least, and the vibe was not what I was hoping for. I was hoping for more menace like the original film, as opposed to something more akin to the animated show. Actually, it kind of feels like Burton's Dark Shadows and I'm not a big fan of that one.

All that said, I cannot lie. I'm excited. Even as I don't think it will be particularly good. I blame my beloved Lydia. I missed her so.

I have a lot of thoughts about this. The effects all over the place (it looks signifcantly worse then the original), Jenna Ortega has a weird credit considering she seems to be the third most important character at least, and the vibe was not what I was hoping for. I was hoping for more menace like the original film, as opposed to something more akin to the animated show. Actually, it kind of feels like Burton's Dark Shadows and I'm not a big fan of that one.

All that said, I cannot lie. I'm excited. Even as I don't think it will be particularly good. I blame my beloved Lydia. I missed her so.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm excited and I want this to be good but my expectations are firmly in check because Burton has been more miss than hit in the last 20 years.

But Keaton, Ryder, and O'Hara seem to be back to form and Ortega looks like she fits right in. Maybe that's all we need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"