• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fantasy Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice returns!

Hated the first trailer. This was way better. Much more interested now

looks fun.
i like the cast.

great seeing michael keaton and winona ryder again in their respective roles.

but i'm mostly excited to see willem dafoe's character.

Shallow as hell, but Monica Belluci is almost 60 and still is…

View attachment 91357

Tim Burton agrees

tim-burton-monica-bellucci-diabolik-chi-sei-18th-rome-film-festival-102023-3-4d9954e55f7e477aaa28471c1313cc1c.jpg

Ok but why am I getting Mars Attacks vibes from that makeup on Dafoe?

This looks outstanding... feels like Burton is keeping it fun, fresh, and respectful to the original. Keaton looks great and Ryder was hitting all the notes for me.

GREAT trailer! God, that classic theme still hits.

Trailers can always be misleading but this looks like we're getting OG Burton back in full form.

Although I have to say, Keaton seems a bit...lower key here is it just me? I know, I know the man's 35+ years older but he doesnt seem to be giving it as much energy. I'm sure he's still gonna be great though. He was miles away the best part of The Flash.

Last edited:
I don't know if in the end this will achieve the same charm the original does, but if nothing else I like the art direction and it looks like Keaton will be fun to watch at least.

I think it looks good! It took me a bit to adjust to seeing this world and characters with a modern look, but after watching it a few times I actually think this is a pretty good visual bridge between the original film and a more 'modern Burton' stylized sort of take on that world. I also appreciate that the camera work looks pretty reigned in and simple, like the original. Let the energy in the frame come from Keaton's performance. So far, so good.

I'm sure the movie won't end up pleasing everyone, but so far I am getting the feeling that Burton is got this right. Also excited that the trailer hardly gave anything of O'Hara, who Keaton is claiming is a standout.

Guess I'm the outlier here, thought that looked very 'meh'
Visually it felt very TV movie, Keaton sounds off, Ryder is bringing her weird Stranger Things energy, and Jenna Ortega already annoyed me in 5 seconds of screen time... and the epic world-level stakes feels off for Beetlejuice

On the plus, I agree Monica Belluci looks gorge, Dafoe is always a treat, and I can't wait to see what Katherine O'Hara does
Just wish they could've got Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis back somehow

Guess I'm the outlier here, thought that looked very 'meh'
Visually it felt very TV movie, Keaton sounds off, Ryder is bringing her weird Stranger Things energy, and Jenna Ortega already annoyed me in 5 seconds of screen time... and the epic world-level stakes feels off for Beetlejuice

On the plus, I agree Monica Belluci looks gorge, Dafoe is always a treat, and I can't wait to see what Katherine O'Hara does
Just wish they could've got Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis back somehow

Isn't that the ''weird energy'' she has been ''bringing'' for her entire career?

Seems pitch perfect as an older Lydia to me.

Isn't that the ''weird energy'' she has been ''bringing'' for her entire career?

Seems pitch perfect as an older Lydia to me.
Nah I dont know
Back in the day it was goth girl weird, which was a lot of kids I knew in high school
nowadays its like "I had a nervous breakdown" weird... she seems so scattered and has them crazy eyes, and her line delivery is stilted

The juice is loose!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 HA HA HA HA!!! Michael Keaton looks just as funny and menacing as ever as Beetlejuice. God it has been 36 years. And the graphics here and all the interesting new characters God I can't wait. The stop motion too. God I feel like it's 1988 all over again with this film.

Honestly Willem could have worn his same makeup from Poor Things and I wouldn’t have cared
At this point in his career it's all the more puzzling as to why they didn't just go with the prosthetic makeup idea for him with Green Goblin.

At this point in his career it's all the more puzzling as to why they didn't just go with the prosthetic makeup idea for him with Green Goblin.
It makes even less sense when you think about how many prosthetic monsters Sam Raimi has brought to the screen in his career.

Must have been Sony/Avi Arad’s call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"