Benham brothers lose HGTV show after 'anti-gay' remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will blow over and their fame will disappear. Then they'll pull a Paula Deen and refer to "that gay guy" and be in the news again next year.

As for no bad publicity, or the conservative right propping these people up as heroes, I don't really see it as a bad thing.

There will always be someone taking advantage of the gullible religious right who will buy up and support pretty much anything you try to sell them in the name of religion. So these guys are doing nothing new.

Plus, I know when I see someone supporting people like this, or wearing Duck Dynasty merchandise, I automatically know a few things about them and can stay away from people like that.

Speak for yourself, I think Aryan Home Makeover would make millions.

i'll be perfectly honest. if Marcus Bachmann had a reality tv series revolving around his gay therapy clinic, i'd watch the hell out of it.

Haha I just checked out the fb page and it is pure gold. So many stupid people! It's so funny because HGTV keeps posting normal stuff about the station and all these bible bangers are flipping their collective ****, it is almost as funny as all the right-wing articles they are posting trying to defend these idiots. I spent about 5 mins on there and I didn't see one rational post
That place is a mess. It's pretty clear that most of these people declaring they'll never watch the channel again, never watched it to begin with. It's pretty obvious.

My favorite though, are the people who adamantly proclaim that they have all of these gay friends who know their stance against gay marriage yet still insist that they are some of their best friends. No, no they're not your friends, but you keep telling yourself that. They tolerate you, at best.

The gay agenda strikes again... :whatever:

The only gay agenda I've ever seen was the homework book I had as a kid that was mostly pink. :woot:

Stories like this are a great big ball of "meh" to me.

Did anyone seriously expect the Duck Dynasty guys to be fans of The Gay? Because I was not remotely surprised at their comments.

Part of me dislikes firing people like this for their comments because it gives more ammunition to groups that cry about the "gay mafia".

What I really roll my eyes at is the Christian groups who run out in droves to fall all over these poor martyrs and make them their new poster boys.

I got dragged by my roommate to a Christian bookstore in the mall last week and they had a whole shelf devoted to Duck Dynasty. Seriously? Is there gonna be a new shelf for the Benham brothers now? It's all so laughably disingenuous and phony.

I never even heard of Duck Dynasty until the scandal broke. Now, they are everywhere! In all the stores I go to, they do have special sections just for them. So, if there was backlash against them, I am not seeing it.

There was but it was softened by the people who started to support him instead. Their ratings took a small dip but otherwise nothing serious came of it.

A lot of people support these guys simply out of spite because they're "sick of all the political correctness." You see it all the time.

With Duck Dynasty I found it rather silly, because the network pays this family of uncouth hicks to be on their TV network (though apparently they're all actors, who are really upper middle class), and then act surprised and outraged when they say exactly what most people of that background believe

I never even heard of Duck Dynasty until the scandal broke. Now, they are everywhere! In all the stores I go to, they do have special sections just for them. So, if there was backlash against them, I am not seeing it.
It's funny because they are a complete sham.(there are a million other pictures if this isn't good enough for you, just google them)
duck%20dynasty%202.jpg

Their family has been rich for a long time now from making duck calls. They figured they could make even more money pretending and catering to the conservative right...Kind of exactly like Larry the Cable Guy. But that's why people do it. The gullible eat it up and throw money at them.

Now one of their wives is starting a clothing line. It's both hilarious and sad how gullible people are.

^ Oh wow! Those two look like a mix of Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew Fox! What happened! :wow:

They grew beards to grow rich(er).

There's a song in that somewhere.

So after LOST Matthew Fox grew a beard and Became a Duck!?!?! :eek:

They're like ZZ Top but not entertaining.

No one really worth paying attention to in this context as no one else is. They're just something to rally around for one group and for another to get annoyed of already.

A lot of people support these guys simply out of spite because they're "sick of all the political correctness." You see it all the time.
Actually it's more anger about, "how dare you be against my right to take away other people's rights because of my beliefs!"

These guys are just figureheads now for people to fight over. It has been since the story broke. Look at the FB page it's just idiots arguing and some guy calling everyone he doesn't like Fatty.

These guys are just figureheads now for people to fight over. It has been since the story broke. Look at the FB page it's just idiots arguing and some guy calling everyone he doesn't like Fatty.
There's a ton of "it's a war on Christians!" ridiculousness as well though.

Like I said, idiots arguing on both sides.

Like I said, idiots arguing on both sides.
Yeah, but as has been shown time and time again, one side will forget and not ever think of these people again. The other side have new heroes to rally around and throw money at because they mentioned Jesus on tv.

It always kind of scares and disappoints me when I hear people talking about how their religion is so central to who they are. That sort of fanaticism can lead to very bad things, and it's disappointing that real people can be that two-dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"