Berserk

I know. I just prefer to binge on books/shows I like. :D

Whelp, I'm all caught up.

I just finished getting caught up this week. Issue 337 was ok, not great. I like that Rickert isn't just going with Griffith because of fond memories, and I also hope that he upgrades some of Guts' equipment.
OR maybe even finds a way to make the Berserk armor even better.

Issue 338 came out recently and it was ok.
honestly I think trying to cram Luca and her gang into the story more is just wasting pages.

Yeah, the writer should let go of some of the recurrying characters. In least the plot's moving though, this sub-plot's more connected to the main narrative than that one with the mermaid. Next chapter is coming this month if i'm not mistaken.

It's on a monthly schedule now for the foreseeable future. Good times...

Hasn't that happened before? Up until it goes back to hiatus. I believe last year it also went monthly but only 2 or 3 chapters came out.

As far as I know, the only recent notice regarding Berserk's schedule came during Ep 336 (in August 2014), and said: "Berserk is published irregularly." And it didn't come out at all in 2013. From what I gather this recent announcement is the first time in a while it's been "officially" announced as on a monthly trend, which I gather is because Miura has been whittling away at a backlog of material.

The story is so entrenched in itself I have to read most of it anyway so I'm in no hurry to read through all of that again.

Speaking of Berserk, did anyone see the Death Battle between Guts and Nightmare from Soul Caliber? I liked it!

When did Rickert become a badass? It's awesome. Love the Kushan actually being useful combatants.

I finally found a thread and I see nobody did make remarks. So..

berserk-new-visual.jpeg

This summer seems we are finally getting new Berserk anime adaptation. It's not a reboot, it's the continuation from where original anime (Berserk 1997) and movies ended. Miura is also involved in project. Premiere is scheduled for July. Original composer, Susumu Hirasawa is coming back so that's a good sign even thought 9mm Parabellum Bullet will perform the show's opening theme song. It will also be available on Crunchyroll. It's currently unknown how many episodes there will be and how many arcs we are going to get.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ject-featuring-guts-as-black-swordsman/.96773

The first 2016 issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine (cover shown right) is announcing on Friday that a new anime adaptation project of Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga has been green-lit. NBC Universal will unveil the anime's first promotional video at its winter Comiket booth, which will run from December 29-31. The announcement did not note the format of the anime (TV, film, OAV, etc.).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...serk-tv-anime-new-key-visual-revealed/.100247
The anime will premiere in July, and it will air on the WOWOW channel and in MBS's "Animeism" programming block.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/03/25/crunchyroll-to-stream-berserk-anime-this-summer

While the spring season announcements are still rolling in, Crunchyroll went ahead and announced a big acquisition for this summer. Crunchyroll will stream the new Berserk anime, with date/time, territories, and other details to be announced later.
This was first teaser
[YT]QIA9xg2oIew[/YT]

This was 2nd one
[YT]WXWDTb73AeE[/YT]

Here are some promos:
IztIMlI.jpg
ZQi4ANQ.jpg
vZ9b4jj.jpg

From what i watched of the new anime, it was pretty terrible. Here's hoping a better studio like Mad House will someday make a good adaptation. There's a new video game coming out too, and while it looks fun, i fear the wrong aspects of the series are the ones receiving the most focus: Sex and violence. I mean, some copies of that come with Casca in a bathing suit.............................

I only fear the effects this might cause in the franchise, with people staying away from such an amazing manga due to thinking it's just brainless violence.

Well, you're actually wrong about it negatively effecting the franchise, because the new anime actually increased sales of the manga massively. The first volume was in the New York Times best sellers list for manga at the end of September, up there with One-Punch Man and Fairy Tale, despite Berserk vol 1 being over 20 years old. The show itself was actually something like the 3rd top rated anime for the summer period in Japan, and despite(or because of) it being very low budget, it's getting a second season coming in 2017. So clearly it's doing the franchise a lot of good.

The game coming out is a Musou style feature done like the Dynasty Warrior franchise. It's basically just fanservice action of the various Berserk characters hacking away through hordes of enemies, rather than some open world game like Witcher. The Musou games don't really have much by way of story, so I can't see people going into that expecting anything more than a glorified fighter game. They also recently said that they've cut down the graphic content so as to not push the censors too much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"