Berserk

Not everything laid in there might end up in the story ? I agree with you.

But the notions of causality , and the orchestrations behind the events of Berserk are presented much sooner than that chapter , and then obviously after it. And we know Griffith meets something during his transformation to Femto. I also really like the concept behind idea of evil , so i hope its exactly the same :woot:

In another subject. Did you played the games ? They are pretty fun. The ps2 is a fun hack and slash. The dreamcast is like a side story written by the author. Pretty cool.

Yeah, i love the concept of the idea of evil too, but i think that the writers will either have nerf it or introduce a second great power, i'm hoping for the first one since i like the idea of god being an evil entity created by humanity.

Never played the games Unfortunatelly, though i think they should do more. A lot they could do, and it would be fun if each incarnation of Guts was played entirelly different, pre-Eclipse being like a straightforward sword and sorcery type of game, Classic going into the more fantastic and bigger scale with the 3 weapons (dragon slayer blade/ arrows and cannon), and finally, Berserker Armor Guts would be large scale and God of War like.

Then again, i wouldn't mind a fighting game either, i allways like to have something like that while waiting for a story to finish, lets me try certain matches that in the manga i would otherwise never see or would have to wait many years. I know that a straightforward adventure game with battles as a bónus would be too much to ask, so...

Never watched the old anime since they butchered the first 3 mangas and the animation itself felt a bit old fashioned to me, with Griffith being blonde instead of having White hair for example. Is it worth the time?

As for nitpicks, is it just me or are some of the volume covers a little weak? I really love some like this

But for the most part i feel like they're nothing special considering all the great art in the manga

Volume_26.jpg

Volume_36.jpg

Volume_37.jpg

The anime was more or less entirely created to be a series based around the Golden Age, so it was much more closed off, with no Skull Knight or Puck, but it was much more dedicated to showing the relationships between it's central characters and slowly developing them. In that sense it was a pretty great adaption and actually harder to watch knowing that the eclipse is coming.

Eclipse scene is apparently more brutal than ever in the newest movie.

I read that the old anime added that Griffith was using Charlotte just because she was a princess and not because he actually liked her, However wasn't that already implied in the manga too? Even though he told her certain things like what he regards as a friend.

Is the new set of movies worth picking up?

From a visual standpoint they are, because they're very good looking. The character designs are great and there's a real unique look and direction about the way certain scenes are presented. But looking at it from a story point of view, they've just extremely abridged versions of the anime, without anywhere near as much character development. Sometimes they've removed small stuff that makes later aspects confusing and unexplained, such as a lot of the stuff going into the battle of Doldrey. But on the plus side they adapt some elements from the manga that wasn't featured in the original series, like Puck and the Skull Knight. If you've seen the anime then you've seen the superior adaption, but if you're a die hard fan then you'll find some enjoyment from the movies.

Hopefully they can start on the Conviction arc adaption.

I read that the old anime added that Griffith was using Charlotte just because she was a princess and not because he actually liked her, However wasn't that already implied in the manga too? Even though he told her certain things like what he regards as a friend.

Well Miura helped with the old anime, and all changes were approved by him so it stands to reason that they came from the same source. But in the anime it's one character's opinion on why Griffith is getting so close to Charlotte, I don't believe we hear anything from Griffith himself about the matter.

Griffith's whole goal is to have a kingdom and to become a king. To that end, he was always using and manipulating everybody including the Band of the Hawk and Guts.

I don't think this should be on the tv section, the thread was to mostly discuss the manga, not as much the various anime adaptations.

Griffith was allways a manipulator, but considering all she has told the princess was she only a tool to him or did he ever genuinelly care?

The other section got erased?

and I think with Charlotte, originally she was just a tool for him to get what he wanted, which a Kingdom, but I think he's formed some vague attachment to her. Not outright love or anything, but something. Like when they marry (if they marry) I don't think he'll off her or anything.

New Chapter is up

nooobarney.gif

Next one's in 23rd May :dry:

Well, in least Miura gives some good artwork every time he returns, on the other hand, GRRM advances more plot, and with every book there a huge shunk of new material.

Latest chapter is up, it says the manga will return in the Summer, so i guess it's another hiatus.

I'm probably like 5 or less chapters away from caught up and I'm afraid this manga may never come to a satisfying conclusion due to "author existence failure" :(
Otherwise I'm loving this crazy gory insanity

Last edited:
The manga celebrated its 20th anniversary some time ago, it trully seems to be going to take a long while, i'dd say that it will probably take another decade.

what do you think will finish first; One Piece or Berserk?

Probably One Piece, i'm sure that in 10 years it will be finished, while with Berserk i'm not sure at all. I think that a beter comparison would be Hunter X Hunter, which is also constantly going on Hiatuses, while it usually advances more plot than Berserk, it also has many more sub-plots to complete.

So I'm trying to read this again and I think I've gotten farther than last time. Last time I stopped reading was somewhere like seven years ago and I'm on Vol. 22 so I'm somewhere around halfway caught up. Yeesh.

There's a couple of mangas I've just stopped reading because either I've caught up or they're so gorram long it'll take forever and I just lost interest.. OP was one as I read up to the time skip then stopped, same with Naruto.

You can still follow them weekly though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"