Best action scene in the X-Men franchise?

MasterBoss

Civilian
Reaction score
I tried narrowing this down to what I believed were the best ones, so apologizes if I missed one you liked.

The opening scene with Nightcrawler storming the white house is still one of the coolest action scenes in a cbm ever. Back when it came out I had never seen that kind of teleportation done in a movie, and it still holds up amazingly well. The bamfing is perfect.

X-Men 3 final battle. Fun popcorn fight.

The Wolverine. One of the best action setpieces in this series, it's ridiculous in all the best of ways. Logan siking out that one guy to hit the sign makes me cackle like a madman everytime.

Wolverine vs Shingen

To me this is the best Wolverine solo fight in the series, surpassing the Deathstrike fight in X2. It's beautifully shot, love Beltrami's score, it's atmospheric, Wolverine comes off as a force of nature. "What kind of monster are you?" "The Wolverine" SNKIT! Gives me goosebumps.
X-Men Days of Future Past
The action with the Future Sentinels. This is the first time in an x-men movie where we actually get to see a group of mutants fight together as a team, and using their powers to support each other. The x-men movies have often suffered from a lack of good spectacle, but this is probably the greatest eye-candy in the series.

And of course the Quicksilver scene with the Magneto break out. Nuff said

Deadpool

The whole highway sequence, it's a great intro for the character while being very kinetic, exciting and fun.
Logan

This seizure sequence is an incredibly unique action scene with Logan killing these goons and it's almost hard to breath when watching it. I'll never forget watching it in theaters and letting out in audible gasp when the sequence ended.
AnguishedGregariousChrysalis-max-1mb.gif

I could probably list all of the action in Logan, but to narrow it down just this fight scene in the hide-out, escaping from the Reavers.
Deadpool 2

Cable vs Deadpool.

Had to go with Nighcrawler storming the Whitehouse. One of my favourite action scenes, full stop.

NIghtcrawler wins this for me. There's great stuff in The Wolverine (though, honestly, I'd ignore the end fight there and replace it with Wolverine fighting through the hordes of ninjas that comes before then) and great stuff in DoFP. But nothing matches the incredible style and power use of Nightcrawler's sequence.

I'm also honestly kind of surprised to see Logan listed three times, especially once to say 'basically any of the action'. Don't get me wrong, it's arguably the best movie in the franchise and all the action serves the story well. But I never watch Logan for the action, and I couldn't think of a single action sequence in the film that felt at all notable to me as an action sequence, rather than simply being emotional because of what the characters are going through.

Nightcrawler iconically kicking the Secret Service’s ass in the White House.

Best scene: the Quicksilver one in Days of Future Past.
Best action scene: Nightcrawler in the White House.
I would also add Wolverine vs Lady Deathstrike in X2.

NIghtcrawler wins this for me. There's great stuff in The Wolverine (though, honestly, I'd ignore the end fight there and replace it with Wolverine fighting through the hordes of ninjas that comes before then) and great stuff in DoFP. But nothing matches the incredible style and power use of Nightcrawler's sequence.

I'm also honestly kind of surprised to see Logan listed three times, especially once to say 'basically any of the action'. Don't get me wrong, it's arguably the best movie in the franchise and all the action serves the story well. But I never watch Logan for the action, and I couldn't think of a single action sequence in the film that felt at all notable to me as an action sequence, rather than simply being emotional because of what the characters are going through.

Hey I listed Logan only twice. I found the Las Vegas scene to be one of the most of the most unique action scenes in the genre. Very intense, it was almost like a reverse quicksilver scene.

I already had two action scenes listed for Wolverine, and I didn't list the end stuff. The unrated ninja fight is fun though.

The X-Men films weren't action heavy, but looking back they had a lot of great sequences. There's plenty of smaller action moments that are very memorable too, like Magneto's prison escape in X2, or First Class has Magneto's bar scene, lifting the submarine, and the 'move the coin' finale.

My top 3:

1.) Nightcrawler at the White House
2.) DOFP intro
3.) Quicksilver kitchen scene

Okay, the Nightcrawler scene is one of the most enjoyable, creative and well shot scenes in any cbm - possibly Bryan Singer's best in any of his films.

However, I'm going with the final battle in Logan.
Mostly because it's the most emotional - it starts with Logan literally dragging himself through the forest, panting and desperate to save those kids.

Then he ODs and goes full berserker - and we love seeing those mercs get shredded. The final confrontation with X 24, is heartbreaking, and the way X 24 is defeated is a brilliant bit of irony and set up and pay off at the same time.

It's well choreographed and brutal and emotionally raw. It's kind of hard to watch really- but the perfect ending for Wolverine.

Of them all, my favorites are probably the Liberty Island sequences in the first film, Magneto vs. Sebastian Shaw in "First Class", and even though its not an outright action scene, the conversation between both Xaviers in "Days of Future Past".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"