Best costume in a comic book film?

Bruce Malone

Superhero
Reaction score
With the release of some of the new costume images from B v.S it got me thinking about some of the best comic to screen costumes that have come about. What would you say is your favorite?

My personal favorite is a bit of an unpopular one, but it's the Spidey suit from The Amazing Spider-Man 1. It had a fresh/new look to it, while still remaining close enough to the classic suit that it was instantly recognizable as Spidey. It was different but not too different, and the same but not the same. I actually really liked most of the changes that people seemed to be against at the time - the sneakers, the stripe down the legs, the yellow eyes. Wasn't sure what to think at first glance, but actually seeing it's sleek look in motion in that nighttime NYC lighting was just perfect to me.

Runner-ups would be the ASM2 suit & Ben Affleck's Batsuit.

I won't state the usual and the obvious, I'll skip to the rest.
Ray Stevenson's Punisher outfit.
X-Men's black leather outfits.
First Class outfits.
Ben Affleck as Daredevil has a great looking suit.
Green Lantern has a great faithful looking suit.

Green Lantern suit was awesome to me, never go the hate. Loved all the costumes in Watchmen.

For Marvel, Deadpool is my fave followed by the ASM costumes and Thors look from his sequel

Pretty much every iron man suit past the Mark II takes the cake.

Almost every IM armor.
Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit
Man of Steel costume
BvS Batman
Age of Ultron Captain America
Thor (TDW and AOU)

Raimi Spider-Man
Reeve Superman
TWS Captain America
Blade

Raimi Spider-Man
BvS Superman
BvS Batman
Deadpool
TWS Captain America (WWII suit)
Iron Man (all of them)
Vision
Daredevil (Netflix, red costume)
Winter Soldier

The absolute best? Gah that's a tough one.

Superhero:
Gotta be Iron Man's Mk 3 from the first Iron Man movie

Supervillain:
Magneto from X-Men: Days of Future Past

Iron Man from the first movie for the heroes.

For the villains I'd have to say Red Skull.

Deadpool
Watchmen
Spider-Man (tasm2)
Sandman
Daredevil (2003)
Fantastic Four (2005)
Viper
Kick-Ass

The most personally satisfying was probably the Mark III. Iron Man is my favorite superhero and when I saw that for the first time in trailers and promotional images, I was overjoyed that they got it right unlike a great many of the superhero costumes from the early-to-mid 2000s. Marvel nailed the Iron Man look.

The Christopher Reeve Superman suit from STM is, of course, the all-time classic though.

The most personally satisfying was probably the Mark III. Iron Man is my favorite superhero and when I saw that for the first time in trailers and promotional images, I was overjoyed that they got it right unlike a great many of the superhero costumes from the early-to-mid 2000s. Marvel nailed the Iron Man look.

The Christopher Reeve Superman suit from STM is, of course, the all-time classic though.

For what seemed like a very basic suit it really did look quite good. Does anybody know anything about the background of the making of it?

I mean if you compare it to the Batman live action series suit which would seem to be made of similar materials it just looks so much better aesthetically, at least in a non-campy way.

1989 Batman.

Some other favorites (not meant to be a complete list):

Pfeiffer Catwoman
Black Widow from Iron Man 2
Rorschach
Scarlet Witch

Last edited:
BvS batman and BvS/MOS superman are tied for first.
Raimi Spiderman and ASM 2 costumes are tied for second.

Pretty much all of the Marvel Studios costumes have been stellar. They embrace the comic-bookiness and nearly all of the heroes and villains look awesome. The designs are about as perfect as you can get for almost every single character.

Snyder has been killing it, as expected. His Batman and Superman suits are simply incredible, and the outfits these icons deserve.

Fox has the weakest costumes, with Magneto's DOFP outfit and Deadpool's costume being the only good stuff.

Riami's Spider-Man and TASM2 Spider-Man both look great, but I'll give the edge to the Riami suits.

The most underrated "costume" is Hulk in the 2003 movie.

Pretty much every iron man suit past the Mark II takes the cake.

Hell, even the Mark II was gorgeous.

54.jpg

Mark III is Mark II with a paint job.

Actually, the Mk 3 is a totally different suit. Tony realizes the Mk 2 is too heavy and has icing issues at higher altitudes. The Mk 3 design is the same, it's just made of a different alloy, and of course a different paint scheme.

The Mk 2 is used to make the War Machine Mk 1 suit we see in IM2.......

My top five:

Batman (Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad)
Superman (Superman)
Spider-Man (Spider-Man)
Iron Man Mk 3 (Iron Man)
Deadpool (Deadpool)

Last edited:
Captain America's "super-soldier" costume from TWS, and it's derivatives in AoU and CW have to be mentioned among the best. As beautiful as it is functional.

captain-america-winter-soldier-13b-4jpg-e977e2_960w.jpg

captain-america-stage-show-costume.jpg

Honorable mentions:

Tobey-Maguire-as-Peter-Parker-in-Columbia-Pictures-Spider-Man-2002-14.jpg

3210079-0132089315-02405.jpg

54449080.jpg

Last edited:
ASM2 suit.
Raimis Costumes for Spider-Man.
All the MCU costumes.
Deadpool.
Magneto's costumes.
All Superman Costumes.
Burton,Nolan and Snyder Batman Costumes.

I won't state the usual and the obvious, I'll skip to the rest.
Ray Stevenson's Punisher outfit.
X-Men's black leather outfits.
First Class outfits.
Ben Affleck as Daredevil has a great looking suit.
Green Lantern has a great faithful looking suit.

1450.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"