Best DCEU film

Anyone who rates JL above BvS is simply doing so for shock value. No one can realistically say that JL is a better film than BvS.

:funny:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Anyone who rates JL above BvS is simply doing so for shock value. No one can realistically say that JL is a better film than BvS.

*sees sig*

Huh... interesting. A movie in which they completly takes a sh** on Superman is better than the OG Superman? Who's doing the shock value now?

Last edited:

I can realistically say that I don't think BVS is a very good film and that I'd rate a lot of stuff better than it. Doesn't mean those are good.

I objectively think that BVS UE is a good film.

My main issues with BVS stemmed from the theatrical cut which felt jumpy, chopped to bits, and confusing.

I think both BVS and JL are not good films, so theres that. I strongly dislike BVS more for how incoherent it is, it's butchering of characters, and how forcefully dark and gritty it tried to be with terrible plotlines. JL is not good either, but its an easier watch than BVS. That's not saying much though

Yeah, that's how I feel. They're both awful movies but I didn't walk out of JL completely P.O.'ed. I thought at least Superman was decent in that film, even if he was barely in it and I thought Wonder Woman ("Kal-El, No!" scene aside) and Cyborg were good. I walked out of BvS just disgusted at how my two favorite superheroes were treated; one was a mute with no personality and the other was murderous psychopath making Dick Cheney speeches. And my favorite supervillain, Lex Luthor, was reduced to a clown.

Really though, it doesn't matter which film is better. I guess I'd say that BvS objectively is a better film overall but they're both garbage movies that I never want to sit through again.

No way is BVS better than Justice League

Suicide Squad is, fight me!

P.S. Shazam looks really really good. So, I bet I'll be ranking that one high.

Comparing stuff like JL and BvS is why the rating scale needs a lot more room on the bottom than the top. Past a certain level of quality, it doesn't matter whether a movie is 95% perfect or 99% perfect. However, it is important to distinguish between run of the mill failures of execution like Justice League, versus truly epic and spectacular disasters of enthusiastic incompetence like Batman vs Superman. A 50% and a 20% are both bad, but one is a lot more bad than the other.

I can see that my initial comment may have come off as brash. Wasn't my intention. However, I do stand by my opinion & that is I prefer BvS over JL, by a considerable margin.
Some my agree, most, by the looks of it will disagree.
But JL just has too many things wrong for me to enjoy it. Relegating Superman to a 3rd act bit part. Having his main set piece be him fighting the league. CGI mouth. Truly awful dialogue "I'm a big fan of justice".
At least BvS was trying to achieve something. JL was a cheap looking attempt to cash in on IP's to boost exec's bonuses.

I also admit that if I had to pick one to watch again, I'd choose Batman v Superman: The Director's Cut. Say whatever you will about the tone and characterizations and narrative, but that movie has a defined, singular vision. Justice League is an aimless hack-job of a movie and is borderline unwatchable to me.

For me I could watch Aquaman over and over again because that is how re-watchable this film is

My ranking so far;

1) Wonder Woman
2) Man of Steel
3) Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut
4) Aquaman
5) Suicide Squad
6) Justice League

Personally I found Aquaman quite average

This is tough for me with Shazam. I'm still high on that film. My rankings will probably change at some point. Right now it's:

1) BvS: UE
2) Shazam
3) MoS
4) Aquaman
5) WW
6) JL
7) SS

I'm not really thinking about quality so much as pure enjoyment, though quality feeds into that for me. The top 5 are all really close for me. I feel like the rare breed of DCEU fan that enjoyed the old without feeling alienated by the new haha.

This is tough for me with Shazam. I'm still high on that film. My rankings will probably change at some point. Right now it's:

1) BvS: UE
2) Shazam
3) MoS
4) Aquaman
5) WW
6) JL
7) SS

I'm not really thinking about quality so much as pure enjoyment, though quality feeds into that for me. The top 5 are all really close for me. I feel like the rare breed of DCEU fan that enjoyed the old without feeling alienated by the new haha.

Probably the most realistic list

Haven't seen Shazam! yet (and frankly not in a rush to see it ).

1. Wonder Woman
2. Man of Steel
3. Aquaman
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (The Director's Cut)
5. Justice League
6. Suicide Squad

Someone should make a cut of Justice League and Suicide Squad that combines the two movies, thereby making the greatest Frankenstein's monster of a film ever.

I remember this terrible movie called Catman In Lethal Track where they did this. It's literally two completely different movies spliced together for no apparent reason. One movie is about a cop who gets bitten by a radioactive cat and gains super strength and the ability to turn his TV on and off psionically. He fights an evil priest and everyone says the F word a lot. The other movie is about some guy in Thailand in a referee shirt who is fighting a bad guy who is holding people prisoner or something. The two movies have no connection to each other whatsoever and the one (without Catman) is just boring other than a speech the bad guy gives about how he murdered his dad after he caught him banging his girlfriend. The Catman movie is hilarious though; it's somehow a rip off of Spider-Man, Batman and Wonder Woman, all rolled into one! Unfortunately, it's only about 20 minutes, whereas the other boring movie takes up most of the screentime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"