Best live action Lois & Clark

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
Simple vote and explain which Lois & Clark combination is your favourite?

Phyllis Coats and George Reeves
Noel Neil and George Reeves
Margot Kidder and Christopher Reeve
Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain
Erica Durance and Tom Welling
Amy Adams and Henry Cavill

Teri and Dean you really believed they were in love and understood why.

Kidder and Reeve for me. Cain and Hatcher a close second.

Last edited:
Reeve and Kidder
Welling and Durance
Cavill and Adams

Mine is Durance & Welling closely followed by Hatcher & Cain.

Hatcher & Cain
Kidder & Reeve
Durance & Welling
Neill & Reeves
the rest were ciphers. Kate Bosworth and Brandon Routh weren't even in the poll, they were so forgettable.

I'll go Hatcher and Cain.

Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain baby! They were a great duo with the best chemistry.

Hatcher and Cain had the best chemistry IMO. Also, I'm partial to Cain's portrayal of the Clark persona, none of the others come close in terms of solely the Clark persona—in fact, I consider Cain the closest to STAS Clark, which is my ideal version. I do prefer Chris Reeve's Superman though. Cavill still has the potential to be great as either persona but Snyder's been holding him back, for shame Snyder!

I'm not old enough to know the ones prior to Kidder and Reeve. :p

I love how the Returns actors aren't on here. (Not sarcasm). I grew up on Durance and Welling, but Lana almost ruined them so I'm going with Adams and Cavill.

I love how the Returns actors aren't on here. (Not sarcasm). I grew up on Durance and Welling, but Lana almost ruined them so I'm going with Adams and Cavill.

I missed them off accidentally it wasn't intentional. I definitely would rank them as the worst Lois & Clark but they should still be on here as they are an option.

I missed them off accidentally it wasn't intentional. I definitely would rank them as the worst Lois & Clark but they should still be on here as they are an option.
It's okay, I couldn't even remember the actress' name. I still can't. Kate something.

Last edited:
As a combination that I believe in as a couple the most ? Amy & Henry.

I voted for Smallville's Durance and Welling because they actually had chemistry well not as much as other incarnations of Lois and Clark/Kal-El/Superman but their incarnation had the most heart

Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain. They had incredible chemistry, and I loved Dean Cain's interpretation of Clark Kent.

I still enjoy Dean as Clark, he wasn't a great Superman, but someone told me that the reason they did not like Dean in the show was because of his voice. I never realized he had quite a high David Beckham esque voice until that person pointed it out to me a few years ago. On the other hand I remember specifically being around 10 and seeing Lois and Clark on a bed and Lois was taking his shirt off; that made a significant impact on me. ;)

I think Cain is a better actor now than he was back then and his voice definitely sounds better. He was a great Clark Kent still though, he was the closest I've ever seen to the Byrne version in live action.

Definitely Cain and Hatcher for me. And yes, Cain's Superman was rubbish due largely to his voice. But his Clark was great, imo.

I'd love to see them pair a Lois with Tyler Hoechlin's Clark. See who they'd get but I don't foresee that.

I'd have to say Cain and Hatcher as well, though the best Superman is still Chris Reeve imo.

If you could combine Dean Cain's Clark Kent with Chris Reeve's Superman that would be perfect imo.

Teri Hatcher imo was the full package imo as Lois and could play all of the aspects of Lois's character while other actresses were stronger in one area of her personality as opposed to being well rounded.

Kidder excelled in her toughness , Durance had the snarky side , Bosworth really wasn't Lois imo, and Amy Adams really didn't have much to do in terms of her character development in either MOS or BvS.

I think that Noel Neill set the standard for Lois Lane that everyone else followed. Tough, feisty, stubborn, snarky, and beautiful. And a single, working woman that wasn't looking for someone to marry her.
Which was somewhat rare for a woman in a TV show set in the 1950s. Most women at the time were either moms or love interests or trying to snag a husband. I don't think she and Clark ever even kissed.
Every Lois Lane since then has followed her lead.

Cav-El and Amy, although Cain and Hatcher were a very interesting pair as well.

Oh crap I presumed it said "Favourite L&C" so I voted for Amy and Henry but best would go to IMO Teri and Dean.

But I pretty much like all of them for different reasons bar maybe Routh and Bosworth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"