Which live action Lois is your favorite?

Amy Adams for me, surpassed my expectations. I'd put Erica Durance a close second and Teri Hatcher in third. Bosworth would be last and the others would fall in between.

Amy for Film but Erica for Television when it comes to my favorites

Voted for Kidder and Hatcher. Teri should win this poll, IMO

Big fan of Smallville, so Erica Durance takes the cake for me. I didn't like what they did with her early on, but once the showrunners changed and the show had more of a Superman feel to it, I think they did a great job with her relationship with Clark and I like how she helped him pull off a secret identity early on. To me, they did a great job showing why they both completed each other.

Can only speak for the movies but Margot Kidder by far. Kate Bosworth was horrible. Amy Adams was alright, but clearly the weak link in an otherwise great cast.

Amy Adams for me, surpassed my expectations. I'd put Erica Durance a close second and Teri Hatcher in third. Bosworth would be last and the others would fall in between.

get out of my head! that is exactly how I feel :wow:

Tv Lois or movie Lois?

Teri and Erica had the advantage of having 4 and 6 seasons to develop Lois. They're both my favorites on tv. So it's a little unfair to compare them to Amy and Margot.

On movies I'd have to pick Amy and then Margot, although Lois characterization in the Chris Reeve Superman movies really bothered me. Amy wins this one because the Lois I saw in Man of Steel was far superior, she hunted Clark, she discovered the truth, etc. I'm glad the triangle for 2 is out of the question in future sequels. This is the best change in the dynamic IMO. But since the movie's focus was Clark becoming Superman I feel like we're really gonna get Lois Lane in the sequel since it's gonna be her in her territory, the Daily Planet.

If we're talking about animated Lois? well, then my vote goes to Dana Delany.

I won't even mention Kate Bosworth, I don't know who she was playing but that wasn't Lois Lane.

Last edited:

Same although I would be Hatcher as my 2nd favorite Lois.

My faves:

1) Erica Durance- She was perfect as Lois Lane: she had her strength/toughness, fierceness, and kick ash attitude but also had her vulnerability and softness that makes LL extremely likable. I loved how Erica delivered Lois' sarcastic one-liners. She had great comedic timing and is very good at comedy and just eluded this confidence, sexiness about her that made it easy to understand why Clark fell in love with her. IMO, no one can top her Lois Lane.

2) Tie between Teri Hatcher and Amy Adams- Before Erica Durance came onto the scene TH was my favorite Lois Lane, like ED, she understood Lois and embodied the character but I think she didn't have Erica's strength or comedy timing as well... that's why she dropped on my list. She was excellent as Mad dog Lane though :D.
Amy Adams was a softer Lois, but there where moments where I went: "Yup, that's Lois, alright." I did love her take on the character though, and appreciated what she did with her... she still had her strength but wasn't as coo-coo as the other Lois' have been LOL.

3) Margot Kidder- First Lois Lane I saw and is the one that made me love Lois in the first place.

4) Dena Delany

Tie between Amy and Erica, both were so great, but I think Erica has the edge, just because she was able to spend a bad place of a lot more time developing her version of Lois.

It's definitely a tie between Hatcher and Adams for me. :)

I love how no one has voted for Bosworth.
Forever alone.

What actors said no to Superman. I don't blame Kate for taking the role, to me a job is a job. I blame Bryan and Kevin for her being cast in a role she didn't fit and could never do well. I honestly don't know what they were thinking not only casting Kate (who looked 16) and putting her in a bad wig but also writing Lois in such an abysmal way.
those said SR is miles better than MOS would love her i suppose. :o

Teri Hatcher is probably my favourite Lois followed closely by Erica Durance, I've not really seen enough of Amy Adams in character to properly judge her, she wasn't bad by any means, infact even though I've seen so little of her I'd still rank her ahead of Bosworth & Kidder.

One of the major reasons they were so good in the role is because of their chemistry with their Clark Kent/Superman counterparts Cain & Welling. I never felt Reeve & Kidder had excellent chemistry personally, Bosworth & Routh had absolutely zero chemistry, that film was a giant miscast with everyone other than Spacey as Luthor.

I love how no one has voted for Bosworth.
Forever alone.

She was incredibly miscast in the role so I can't blame anyone.

Not to mention, she didn't have any characteristics that made you like her Lois Lane.. infact I actually thought she acted too much like a ***** to both Superman & in particular Clark, Superman was understandable given that in the story he'd knocked her up & then took himself off to Krypton, however Clark hadn't done anything to her.

I like Amy as an actress and she's my fave Lois. After that, I'd say Hatcher.

1-Amy Adams
2-Teri Hatcher
3-Erica Durance
4-Margot Kidder
5-Noel Neill
6-Dana Delany
7-Anne Heche
8-Kyra Sedgwick
9-Stana Katic
10-Christina Hendricks
11-Grey DeLisle
12-Pauley Perrett
13-Sirena Irwin
14-Kate Bosworth

And the first 13 are actually "good". Yeah, I'm really not fond of Bosworth's Lois. :hehe:

1. Teri Hatcher
2. Erica Durance
3. Amy Adams
4. Margot Kidder
5. Noel Neill
6. Phyllis Coates
7. Kate Bosworth

Amy was okay, but I don't get ranking her so high. I really don't think there's was much opportunity to see Lois being her usual self in this film.

I have high hopes for her in the sequel though :)

So, no one has voted for bosworth yet? :o

So, no one has voted for bosworth yet? :o

I'm sure someone...somewhere...will.... :yay:

I would say Erica Durance, with Amy Adams a close second. This will probably change when Lois is developed further in a sequel.

Terri Hatcher. No one comes close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"