Best Mel Brooks movie

comicgirl

Goddess in Residence
Reaction score
Mel is an american instituation. What was his best and why.

I can't pick just one.
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
High Anxiety

Spaceballs. Out of three, it was the only one that kept me laughing. Other two just discouraged me to watch more from him.
In a decrescendo, I watched Spaceballs>Robin Hood Men in Tights (that wasn't bad)>Dracula Dead and lovin it (awful. Renfield was the best part, what a pitty.)

Blazing Saddles, followed by Robin Hood.

I seem to be one of the only guys I know who didn't really enjoy Spaceballs that much. :o

The only Mel Brooks I don't like are Life Stinks, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, and remake of The Producers.

I seem to be one of the only guys I know who didn't really enjoy Spaceballs that much. :o

I'm with you. Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein tied for first. History of the World part I and Robin Hood: Men in Tights tied for second.

Spaceballs. Out of three, it was the only one that kept me laughing. Other two just discouraged me to watch more from him.
In a decrescendo, I watched Spaceballs>Robin Hood Men in Tights (that wasn't bad)>Dracula Dead and lovin it (awful. Renfield was the best part, what a pitty.)

If those are the only three movies by him you've seen, that's so sad. :csad:

Anyway, I don't know what to vote for. Spaceballs is my favorite, but at the same time I don't consider it his best. I always liked how in The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein, the humour was very subtle, and it took a few viewings to get all the jokes. With Spaceballs, all the jokes are all right there in front of you. They lack that special subtelty that made the other movies I mentioned so well respected in the comedy genre. Again, I'm not knocking Spaceballs, it's the one film by him I've watched the most, but I wouldn't call it his best.

I'm going to give my vote to The Producers, simply because the writing, not just the humor but the plot overall, is brilliant. You don't really need to get the humor to enjoy it.

Young Frankenstein. i can sit and quote that movie till i'm blue in the face

Young Frankenstein. i can sit and quote that movie till i'm blue in the face

Amen!

"No matter how much I plead or beg...do not open this door!"

"Uuuuhhh"

"Open the door. Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! I was just kidding, don't you know a joke when you hear one? Mommie!"

1) Robin Hood :Men in Tights
2) Spaceballs
3) Blazing Saddles

Those are the only ones I've seen, but I'm adding a few more to my Netflix queue right after this post, so things may change.

Young Frankenstein. It wasn't just funny, it was beautifully made as well. Perfectly crafted. If not for all the jokes, it still would've been a good, and surprisingly faithful sequel to the old Frankenstein movies.

Spaceballs comes in a very close second, though.

It's between Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein. Both are f****ng funny, yet I haven't seen Blazing Saddles.

Amen!

"No matter how much I plead or beg...do not open this door!"

"Uuuuhhh"

"Open the door. Open this goddamn door or I'll kick your rotten heads in! I was just kidding, don't you know a joke when you hear one? Mommie!"

"Excuse me, boy, is this the Transylvania station?"

"Ya, ya, track 59! Oh, can I give you a shine?"

"umm, no thanks."

i'm not going to lie.
it's impressive how Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs have stood the test of time, but for some reason i just can't stop laughing whenever i watch Robin Hood Men in Tights.

plus, that movie has the most attractive cast.:o
*wipes sweat from brow*

I've only seen Robin Hood, so i'll go with that

for me its a tie between Spaceballs Robin Hood Men In Tights and Dracula Dead and Loving also History of the World was great as well

Spaceballs is my favourite, but I think Blazing saddles is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"