Mel Brooks’ History of the world is getting a sequel series

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Mel Brooks' Comedy History of the World, Part I Is Getting a Sequel Series 40 Years Later at Hulu

Mel Brooks is finally getting to tell more of his History.

The Young Frankenstein filmmaker, 95, has been tapped to write and co-executive produce a sequel series to his 1981 film History of the World, Part I.

The show, billed as a variety series, has received an eight-episode order from Hulu, with Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Kevin Salter slated to executive produce and write alongside Brooks.

Can’t wait for this. Of course the original is a classic

Jesus…

I couldn’t find the movie anywhere, nor Disney plus, nor Netflix, nor Prime, nor iTunes…

Oh wow Taika and Danny Devito! Love them!

funny…2 days ago I was thinking, if this will be a 2023 release.
Not impressed yet…but I have faith, if Mel Brooks had enough influence

Hmm. As Albright said not really impressed but let’s see

I didn’t even laughed once…

just watched the first episode.
wtf
wtf
wtf were you thinking Mel Brooks (he knew what happened, he‘s the narrator)
The first scene with Hitler on Ice was so bad and they continue the Civil War scene with the same joke - historic person in modern TV program.
Part 1 also had such jokes. But when Comicus gave an TV interview in the palace the anchor-man was also from ancient times and the media was also ancient.
It doesn’t work to combine ancient people with modern media technology in the story..

just watched the first episode.
wtf
wtf
wtf were you thinking Mel Brooks (he knew what happened, he‘s the narrator)
The first scene with Hitler on Ice was so bad and they continue the Civil War scene with the same joke - historic person in modern TV program.
Part 1 also had such jokes. But when Comicus gave an TV interview in the palace the anchor-man was also from ancient times and the media was also ancient.
It doesn’t work to combine ancient people with modern media technology in the story..
Brooks gets a pass because he directed some of the all time greatest comedies but he's not infallible. If you look at his filmography, his last couple of movies back in the '90s weren't well received at the time. I love Men in Tights and I thought some parts of Dracula: Dead and Loving It were legitimately funny but they're nothing in comparison to Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Even Spaceballs, as beloved as it is, got negative reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"