Best of the Disney Renaissance?

Personally I just can't get behind how Disneyfied they made Hunchback. Yes, I am aware that all the fairy tales were made "nicer" for the animated versions. But Hunchback was such a brutal book, and to make it all cute with talking gargoyles and crap...:barf:.

Geez, I'll admit, I watched the more girly Disney movies when I was a little kid. What the hell was I thinking? I had the VHS of Pocahontas! :doh:

I do give Little Mermaid credit for starting my love of redheads though. Then came Daphne.

Hercules is pretty good. And Hades is awesome. James Woods is fantastic as the voice.

Lion King is probably the best but I absolutely LOVE Hercules. Hades does indeed rule.

I also think Hunchback is possibly the most underrated Disney flick.

Lion King is probably the best but I absolutely LOVE Hercules. Hades does indeed rule.

I think i can agree with that.

Probably Lion King, but I also love Beauty & the Beast as well as Aladdin.

The Hunchback has one of my favorite Disney songs told from the villains' perspective.

[YT]ZSS5dEeMX64[/YT]

Good work. That pretty much destroys everything.

The only Disney film I ever liked was Tron, it's computer animated if that counts.

I'm a big animation buff but I've never never never never ever ever ever been into the cutesy talking animal Disney flicks.

Sorry but I grew up on manly macho toons like G.I.Joe, Transformers, He-Man.

1. Lion King
2. Aladdin
3. Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast is my pick. It had princess stuff for the girls, monster ass whooping a plenty for the boys, and overall was just a beautifully made film.

I picked Beauty and the Beast because I feel it's the "best" film there but my favorite is easily Aladdin. For me, it goes like this...

1. Aladdin
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. The Lion King
4. The Little Mermaid

5. OLIVER AND COMPANY(can't believe some of you forgot this one. Same basic era)
6. Pocohontas
7. The Rescuers down Under
8. Hunchback of Notre Dame

Never saw Tarzan or Mulan and what little I've seen of Hercules sucked. I'd be willing to give all 3 a shot now though. 1-4 are in a WHOLE different league than 5-8.

I picked Beauty and the Beast because I feel it's the "best" film there but my favorite is easily Aladdin. For me, it goes like this...

1. Aladdin
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. The Lion King
4. The Little Mermaid

5. OLIVER AND COMPANY(can't believe some of you forgot this one. Same basic era)
6. Pocohontas
7. The Rescuers down Under
8. Hunchback of Notre Dame

Never saw Tarzan or Mulan and what little I've seen of Hercules sucked. I'd be willing to give all 3 a shot now though. 1-4 are in a WHOLE different league than 5-8.

Wow, I'd completely forgot that was Disney. I had thought it was a Don Bluth production for some reason.

I've got a good idea for a thread.

1. ALADDIN
2. THE LITTLE MERMAID
3. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
4. THE LION KING
5. HERCULES.
6. TARZAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads