World Best Portrayal of Thor on Film & Television

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
I was watching Avengers Assemble and I thought about what was the best portrayal of Thor on film or TV. In my opinion, I say Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is far away the best representation of Thor.

Share your thoughts please all opinion are welcome.

I LOVE Avengers:EMH, but it's tough to compare animation with film. Performance in animation is a heightened reality which often wouldn't work in the flesh. I love the voice actor's portrayal in that series, but Hemsworth is amazing on film and embodies Thor in a way I'd always imagined him to be. If you are going for a demonstration of pure power, then EMH would take it, but I think Ragnarok will up the ante on that front.

I havent see the animation Earth's Mighties Heroes one, so in TV/Film medium, I only see Thor in Chris Hemsworth portrayal

Regardless, the very best Thor portrayal for me is the Thor from writer J.Michael Strackzynsky (sorry if i have spell the name wrong) in early of Thor's return to Marvel universe. I don't know, but to me, that version is just so good, it stuck to me even after years I read the book.

The second best is during Jason Aaron's Godbutcher arc where Thor when he meets 2 different Thor (one from his younger self, and one from his future old self), I like it because here, in his most grounded self in his age, Thor can see the reckless,foolish, emotional, and aggresive self in his younger self at the same time he can see his future senile, tired, and broken down of his old future self. At the end, he is the only Thor who can have selfless act, and sacrifies himself to defeat Gorr.

SO far, along with MCU one, thats my 3 favorite Portrayal of Thor.

Hemsworth is definitely the man when it comes to playing Thor. Give me two more solo movies with him as Thor after Ragnarok please.

Chris is only 34 and Thor is a character you can age into as well, similar to Wolverine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"