• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Best Replacement for Brett Ratner.

How many times we've had this survey? :dry:

Singer is my answer, as always. Though it won't happen.

Anyone good, anyone besides Ratner

I'd like Singer to come back. I loved the feel of X1 and X2. As a little bonus, his experience on the TV show House might help in the Legacy Virus storyline I've been talking about (making the medical mystery exciting, woo!)

From your list... I don't know a lot of them, but maybe Clint Eastwood? Definitely not the Matrix guy.

PS: am I the only one who DOESN'T hate Ratner?

I'm a fan of Fincher's. I'm sick of hearing about Peter Jackson and the Wachowskis. Other than those three, I can't picture any of the other choices directing an X-Men movie... but you never know, I guess.

I like the guy who directed The Italian Job remake a lot, Gary Gray. He dealed really well with an ensemble and smart action scenes. Though I haven't seen him directing any more movies, so I don't know.

From that list, I'd take Fincher, Soderbergh and Alejandro, even though I don't see any of them directing an X-men movie...but you never know, before X-Men, I wouldn't picture Singer directing an X-Men movie too...

Just someone who understands how to combine drama, substance and lots of kick-ass action. Singer did drama and substance well (if a little emotionally internalised and cold), Ratner did visceral energetic action well.

Why Joss Whedon isn't on the list? it was a must....

Bryan Singer would be great if he came back (don't see that happening)

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Len Wiseman do it since I really enjoyed Live Free or Die Hard.

Why Joss Whedon isn't on the list? it was a must....

I'd have to see a Whedon script for a movie before I trusted him. I didn't like Serenity, don't like Buffy and am 50/50 on Astonishing X-Men.

all these good r choices..but u r all good 4getten 1 thing....they must have knowledge n know the history of the X-Men...the reason Singer's Xfilms were so good bcause they dealt with predjudice n discrimination i.e. him bein a gay man so he can identify with that aspect of the characters, but he wasn't a X-Men fanatic....I think Whedon would've done gr8 with Dark Phoenix cuz he is gr8 with things dark n evil hello Dark Willow...I luv the Buffyverse n Angelverse

This log.

pebble-beach-driftwood.jpg

I'd like Zak Snyder that directed the "Dawn of The Dead" remake.

Wasn't he in the running in the first place to replace, Singer?

Some of these are some really out there choices. Jason Reitman? Clint Eastwood? Marc Foster?

yes, clint eastwood.... who really think he'll do an x-movie?

Again, Joss whedon should have been in the poll. There is a poll only about him, but would have been nice seeing his votes in a list of various directors.

eh this whole talk about X4 is depressing. This movie should never happen.

This movie more than likely will not happen.

In the next few years, they're doing Magneto and Wolverine movies. What are the chances that exact same cast comes back for more X-films? And who'd really want them to continue after all of those years. Do you expect Hugh Jackson to play Wolverine until he's 60? After Wolvie and Magneto, wait a few more years and just reboot the damn thing.

The majority of these people don't belong on the list.

with his first important movie (Y tu mama tambien), I neve had thought in Cuaron, but like he did Harry P. 3, he could do an x-men movie too, but don't know if he likes the comics, or first trilogy.

I haven't vote yet, and I probably won't do it, because I don't mind the director at all, except Brett Rantner, I think he did one sequel, and wasn't the best, so sorry for him, but for X4 I preffer other director, and if Bryan never do it, then let's get other, theres so many good directors out there, Fox & co just needs to search and sign a really good one, a serious one.

I don't mind Whedon, as I've said in others thread and Josh poll, so I'd give him an opportunity. But if they don't sign him, I expect the chossen one would be better than Ratner, I mean, with a better filmography.

Half the people on the poll I don't think would even want to direct an X-Men film :p

I'd want Alfonso Cuaron, Bryan Singer (if hell froze over) :p, or Zack Snyder. But I don't think either would do it. :( I don't mind Brett. If he has a good script to work with (and more time) he can make a good film, imo.

I'd like to see what Ratner could do when he's not being rushed to compete with Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"