Best Star Wars Saga Scene.

BloodyWolverine

Superhero
Reaction score
Best Star Wars Saga Movie Scene.

1 Darth Vader Coming Threw The Door On The Rebels Ship His First Bone chilling breath.

2 Yoda raising the x-wing ship out of the swamp and making it fly.

3 Mace Windu's being betrayed and death Scene.

4 Han Solo being cased in carbonite.

5 Padma dies as darth vader takes his first cold breath.

6 Darth Maul's Shocked Expression As Obi Cuts him In Half.

7 Vader breaking the neck of the rebel officer. "If This is a counselor ship where is the ambassador."

8 Yoda versus Sidius.

9 Anakin Decapitating Dooku Scene.

10 R2-D2 Fixing The Hyperdrive and Vaders expressiona s they escape.

11 The Empiral Walkers groung assult on the Hoth planet.

12 Luke and Vader Saber fight aboard death star 2.

13 Luke versus The Rancor Beast.

14 Darth Vader and Obi Wans meeting an duel.

15 Luke Blowing up the Death Star.

16 The Order 66 sequence and Yodas reaction.

17 Obi Wan Speech to a Beaten Anakin as he is set on fire.

18 Obi Wans expression when Alderran was destroyed.

19 Obi Wan Killing Grievious.

20 Yoda Saving The Other Jedi On Geonosis.

21 Darth Vader Killing The Emperor.

22 Darths I am Your father scene.

23 Other.

Here is what i had in mind if i had the poll thing so feel free to choose one of these or other.

Even if it's sickeningly obvious, it's pretty much a cosmic fact that the end of ESB is the best scene in the whole saga, as well as one of the greatest endings in the history of cinema.

I love the Luke/Vader/Emperor scenes in RotJ. They come alive in a way nothing else in the series does, they have a real mythical energy yet are vibrant and dangerous.

Go back and watch Rotj and the RotS and you can't believe it's the same guy playing the Emperor. Ian McDiarmid was superb in back in '83, really theatrical and menacing, completely convincing as the embodiment of evil. Fast forward 23 years and he's playing a cartoon character. Strange really, as when he was playing Darth Sidious in the other two prequels he was fine, yet as soon as Mace Windu warped his face he became ludicrously over the top.

Seriously, though. What's with all of the "Best..." threads?

Could someone close this please for i put my options on the other simular Star Wars Best Saga Scene. I have 22 listed there but without a poll.

theShape said:
I don't know i just like to do them. Next week i'll probably do a couple worse threads to balance it out.

That's too difficult for me; I know that I'm forgetting some choices, but here are six of my favs in no particular order:

Ep 1: The Fight sequence between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul

Ep 2: The minute bit of Anakin slaughtering the 'Sand People'. <that should've been shown in its entirety>

Ep 3: [favorite scene in the prequel trilogy] Anakin stares at Padme, then he looks up and the camera cuts to Obi-Wan standing at the entrance of the ship.

Ep 4: 'Use the Force Luke'. Enough said.

Ep 5: 'Luke. I am your father.' Enough said.

Ep 6: Vader ousting the Emporer to save Luke.

BloodyWolverine said:
I don't know i just like to do them. Next week i'll probably do a couple worse threads to balance it out.

But there's so many...

theShape said:

Well there really isn't much else to talk about as far as movies go dude... it's a decent thread for now... the setting sun's is too obvious... so i'll go with.... Mace Windu dying... absolutely stunning... best part of the prequels (along with Jango dying)... "I am you father is too obvious too"... I'll go with "I love you".... "I know"...

MulligaN Stew said:
Ep 2: The minute bit of Anakin slaughtering the 'Sand People'. <that should've been shown in its entirety>

Why?

It's more effective if it's not shown. If Lucas shows it, it can only be a PG-13, family friendly slaughter scene. If he doesn't show it, it can be truly horrific in your head.

Kevin Roegele said:
Why?

It's more effective if it's not shown. If Lucas shows it, it can only be a PG-13, family friendly slaughter scene.
Episode II was PG, and that's not why Lucas didn't show or extend the scene. He didn't want to show Anakin's saber style until the final prequel.

If he doesn't show it, it can be truly horrific in your head.
You sound like Rick McCallum now. Did George tell you that?

Any scene with a saber death isn't really gruesome to begin with; an extension imo, would have made a deeper impact on Anakin's later conversations:

1) in 2 where he tells Padme what he's done
2) in 3 where the Emporer reasons on why killing Dooku was necessary*

Yes, we know that he killed the Sand People and it's left to our imagination, but I felt as if Lucas wasted a portion of the film on a climax that never occurred in that bit.

*He developed a habit of killing that culminated with the trade-off in 6. I just wish that some of those smaller details were handled differently.

20020212_han_leia.jpg

"I love you."
"I know."

TPM: Duel of the Fates
AOTC:Yoda vs. Dooku
ROTS:"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
ANH:"Use the force, Luke."
ESB:"I am your father."
ROTJ:Vader rids of the Emperor

There are so many good scenes it's hard to pick just one. However, since the whole saga revolves around Vader, watching him ultimately make the right choice by saving Luke and throwing Palpy down the shaft is #1 for me. I still get a bit misty eyed over it.:woot:

Kevin Roegele said:
Why?

It's more effective if it's not shown. If Lucas shows it, it can only be a PG-13, family friendly slaughter scene. If he doesn't show it, it can be truly horrific in your head.

Not only that, the reveal of telling Padme isn't shocking.

Unless of course they did it in flashback while he's telling her, but I still think you're right. It isn't necessary.

MulligaN Stew said:
Episode II was PG, and that's not why Lucas didn't show or extend the scene. He didn't want to show Anakin's saber style until the final prequel.

LOL, now that is a ridiculous excuse. We see Anakin's saber style in the climax of Episode II, for a start. I think it's pretty obvious that a wholesale slaughter scene would not go well with the censors, or even Lucas himself.

personally i like yoda's confrontation against dooku before yoda does that jump in...

i love his 'Much to learn about the force, you still have' speech.

it was complete ownage

oh and the space battle in return of the jedi sticks out as well..

My favorite scene is when Luke tells Leia that she's his sister. Then she saids she thinks she always knew. But then if you think back to when she kissed him... you just have to laugh your ass off to her comment.

My favorites are the scenes with Princess Leia in the metal bikini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"