• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Superhero Movie of 2014

Of the ones released so far, Winter Soldier. But this should definitely be redone after GotG is released.

I know they have plenty of fun gadgets, but digging a whole hole in the ground was just a bit too weiird to me, makes me ask a lot of questions like how dense the ground really was, or if Nick Fury had to melt it, because it just seemed a bit too helpful for my tastes, like, "a the villain is gonna catch the good guys, but oh wait, they dug a hole in the ground and disapeared!"

It feels a bit too much like a cheat for me, in a film like the Matrix where reality is all different i could buy tere being ways to create "holes" in the system, but in a film that was feeling so realistic, for there to be this kind of thing it didn't work with me.

I'm sure posters will tell me how the MCU was always unrealistic and all that, i can suspend my disbelief in most cases, but in here, it just didn't work with me.

:huh:

He didn't "dig a hole in the ground", he cut through a manhole cover.

Neighbors is the best superhero movie of 2014 I love the way Zac Efron just saves the day and takes all the blame for the frat house party so Dave Franco could prosper in college.

I loved every bit of Captain America 2: TWS. Saw it twice on the same day, my wife and kids threatened to disown me when I wanted to go back and watch it a third time... but who needs a loving family anyway, right?

Enjoyed the RoboCop reboot and looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy. Waiting to watch TASM 2 and DoFP on video release (my kids saw and loved DoFP). I'm sure I'll enjoy both, but the extreme appeal is no longer there for me on those.

Shame you won't see it in theater, but I'm sure you will love it once you saw it on DVD.

1. X-Men: DOFP
2. Captain America 2: TWS
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I haven't seen RoboCop yet.

With GOTG, TMNT and Sin City 2 being released all next month in the US this poll will need to be re-done. And of course TF4 came out this weekend.

I am not sure any of them will be able to challenge the top spot, but to me they all look fun and if we get anything beyond that with them I will be extremely happy. Just so pissed TMNT isnt out in the UK until October.

Sin City 2 is coming out next month? I haven't seen a single trailer on TV, a poster, articles, or heard anybody talk about it.

^I thought so, unless it has been moved, maybe someone can clarify? I could have sworn its out towards the end of August though.

This thread should be closed and locked because of how good Guardians was.

I absolutely agree! It should be closed and a new poll be started with all the contestants at 0 votes since this thread was born about three months prematurely. My only dilemna once that happens will be choosing between Cap and Guardians!

We should wait for TMNT and Sin City 2 to come out then do a "best CBM of 2014" poll and thread.

Yeah Guardians should be added to this poll. I think it would be neck in neck with DOFP.

1. Captain america: The Winter Soldier
2. Guardians of The Galaxy
3. X-Men: Days of Future Past

1. X-Men: Days of Future Past
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. RoboCop
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Yeah Guardians should be added to this poll. I think it would be neck in neck with DOFP.

When Sin City releases someone should do a poll with

Captain America The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
X-Men Days of Future Past
Guardians of The Galaxy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Sin City: A dame To Kill For

Those I think are all the CBMs this year.

Last edited:
Technically, people should watch all 5 movies too before they vote. :o

When Sin City releases someone should do a poll with

Captain America The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
X-Men Days of Future Past
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Sin City: A dame To Kill For

Those I think are all the CBMs this year.

You forgot Guardians of the Galaxy.

Technically, people should watch all 5 movies too before they vote. :o

But not everybody is going to be interested in all of them. The majority will see the big three with the remaining not appealing as much them.

I'll likely only see four of the six this year.

and some movie goers might not consider GOTG a super-hero film

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"