Best third installment

Being so young when Batman Forever came out, I didn't have a real problem with it, but the older I got, the dumber they movie revealed itself to be. I mean, there are just a LOT of things in this film that are just profoundly stupid. Which is sad, because it had this one great moment of Bruce flashing back to when his parents were murdered, and falling in the cave, and all that.

Superman III had Richard Pryor. 'Nuff said.

Blade Trinity had far more needless jokes than X3, not to mention everything else bad about it. Amizing that it's the most expensive of all three films, but looks the cheapest!! Blade II managed to look like a hundred-million dollar film (when it only cost half that), while Trinity looks like a slightly more polised Sci-Fi Channel original. Not to mention the step down in villains. Short of daylight, nothing stopped Nomak from challenging Blade. The only time he ran from Blade was to lead him into an open area to fight him. Dracula in Trinity runs away from Blade for a good five minutes, steals a baby, and proceeds to take Blade's ear off before making an escape. You're DRACULA!!! They spent all this time hyping him up, and he turns out to be a punk *****!!

For all X-Men 3's faults, they at least maintained the tone of the other two films. Not to mention the strength of characters like Beast. We also got some great comic book moments, like the X-Men arriving at Worthington Labs to fight Magneto, Iceman turning into ice, and despite swapping out Cyclops in favor of Wolverine, I loved how they handled Jean and the Phoenix. I enjoyed the comics and the whole space fantasy aspect of it, but I wouldn't have wanted to sit through all of that in a film. That said
the scene when Jean killed Xavier[/QUOTE] was done beautifully, from the music, to the cinematography to the effects, it's one of my favorite scenes of any movie I've ever seen. Very emotional and powerful.

I hate to admit it. But X-Men: The Last Stand is the best of the lot.

I rank the rest in the following:
2. Blade Trinity
3. Superman 3
4. Batman Forever

I really enjoyed X3, very good movie, I also enjoyed Batman Forever, for what it was a comicbook style movie, good entertainment.

I like them all, I really do.

Superman III is a good film, just in the wrong order, with emphasis on the wrong elements.

Batman Forever had potential to be the best Batman film. It's too easy to look at the silly aspects and ignore all the characterisation and dark themes.

Blade Trinity is the lesser of the three Blades, but still solid.

XIII is just too damn short!

Superman III would have been 1000 times better if they replaced Richard Pryor's character with Brainiac.

Kevin Roegele said:
I like them all, I really do.

Superman III is a good film, just in the wrong order, with emphasis on the wrong elements.

Batman Forever had potential to be the best Batman film. It's too easy to look at the silly aspects and ignore all the characterisation and dark themes.

Blade Trinity is the lesser of the three Blades, but still solid.

XIII is just too damn short!
I agree on everything except :supes:
The brevity of X3, however, didn't harm my enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"