Beta Ray Bill

I also don't see Ryan Gosling as BRB.
I could see him being Gorr though.

I think it’s clever casting actually. The fun about beta ray bill is he looks like a goofy character but Walt wrote him like a genuinely noble character. So maybe leaning too closely into the goofy side isn’t the way to go

Nah, Gosling would be perfect as Adam Warlock or Mr.Fanstastic
If Marvel casts him anywhere, they want to put his pretty face on Merch

Nah, Gosling would be perfect as Adam Warlock or Mr.Fanstastic
If Marvel casts him anywhere, they want to put his pretty face on Merch

They do have Bradley Cooper as a Raccoon and only having to come in and every now and again to record some lines is probably the best bet for getting Gosling to sign something like a multi-picture contract.

Like i've said before i hope BRB is basically the polar opposite of Korg in terms of personality.
So they can play off each other in a fun bickering way. Korg always the positive and BRB the no bs type. :D

giphy.gif

If this movie was to introduce BRB I would become interested again that’s for sure.

Walt Simonson Returns to Thor in December
THOR: THE WORTHY #1
WALTER SIMONSON, TOM DEFALCO AND KATHRYN IMMONEN (W)
RON FRENZ, SAL BUSCEMA, MIKE HAWTHORNE & MORE (A)
Cover by KIM JACINTO
Variant cover by WALTER SIMONSON
LEGENDARY THOR CREATORS REUNITE FOR A THUNDEROUS CELEBRATION!
Walter Simonson’s Thor run is widely considered to be not only some of the best Thor comics of all time,
but simply some of the best comics, period. Now the legend returns for a special tale about Thor and Beta
Ray Bill
— with art from Mike Hawthorne and beloved veteran Sal Buscema! And the trio is joined by yet
another unforgettable Thor team: Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, who will be telling an all-new
Thunderstrike story! Finally, no Thor story would be complete without his most trusted companion: the
berserker, the warrior extraordinaire, the Lady Sif! Kathyrn Immonen wrote one of the landmark Sif tales
in her run on Journey Into Mystery — and now she returns for a brand-new journey!
40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

Bringing back Walter Simonson and BRB at this point in time seems like a pretty good hint.
I'm convinced BRB will be featured in T:L&T.

It’s so nice Simonson hasn’t gone to Valhalla yet

Chris Hemsworth Wants to See Beta Ray Bill in a Thor Movie
"That was one of the first comics I ever read," Hemsworth revealed. "Yeah, I'd love that. I just hope they keep letting me have a crack at it." The actor then mentioned how in a post-Thor: Ragnarok world, the Thor role is the freshest it's ever been and he hopes to keep at it for quite some time.

Like i've said before i hope BRB is basically the polar opposite of Korg in terms of personality.
So they can play off each other in a fun bickering way. Korg always the positive and BRB the no bs type. :D

giphy.gif
This is what I’d like to see. Leave the goofs to Korg, and they can then play well off each other.

This is what I’d like to see. Leave the goofs to Korg, and they can then play well off each other.
Absolutely. Just have Korg be the ever nice, helpful but naive friend to Thor while BRB should be the perfect foil to that, a much more serious, regal and all business type of character. They can sort of become Thor's Yin-yang. Both swearing allegiance by their friend but with completely different outlooks on things.

This aspect could be mined for a ton of comedy too. Like for example while devising a plan both can try to convince Thor their distinct way of approach is better and so on. Maybe Korg wants the peaceful approach while BRB is more than glad to wreck shop. :D So much to be explored.

Absolutely. Just have Korg be the ever nice, helpful but naive friend to Thor while BRB should be the perfect foil to that, a much more serious, regal and all business type of character. They can sort of become Thor's Yin-yang. Both swearing allegiance by their friend but with completely different outlooks on things.

This aspect could be mined for a ton of comedy too. Like for example while devising a plan both can try to convince Thor their distinct way of approach is better and so on. Maybe Korg wants the peaceful approach while BRB is more than glad to wreck shop. :D So much to be explored.
Yep. I need it now! :D:

Bringing back Walter Simonson and BRB at this point in time seems like a pretty good hint.
I'm convinced BRB will be featured in T:L&T.

Eh... I think we'd have heard talk of casting by now. And... Pointing to the comics, with production schedules that never match up with the way films are made, as a definite road map for the films, in my view, gets it backwards these days, in terms of current runs in comics anyway. I still recall all the speculation about Hela definitely replacing Mistress Death in IW/EG and... Well there wasn't anything like that despite people pointing to how this was obviously supposed to happen because they had a Hela/Thanos link up in an at the time recent comic book run with both those characters.

If anything it's going to more often than not be the reverse. The comics will do more and more to try to integrate elements that went over well AFTER the release of a film.

Eh... I think we'd have heard talk of casting by now. And... Pointing to the comics, with production schedules that never match up with the way films are made, as a definite road map for the films, in my view, gets it backwards these days, in terms of current runs in comics anyway. I still recall all the speculation about Hela definitely replacing Mistress Death in IW/EG and... Well there wasn't anything like that despite people pointing to how this was obviously supposed to happen because they had a Hela/Thanos link up in an at the time recent comic book run with both those characters.

If anything it's going to more often than not be the reverse. The comics will do more and more to try to integrate elements that went over well AFTER the release of a film.
Casting news? We are still a ways off until the wheels start turning for TLT.
Pre-production is sheduled for March 2020 and filming for August. Taika has only just recently finished a couple drafts of the story. Also he's now working on another project titled "Next Goal Wins" for Fox Searchlight which will film in November and December.

It still very early days for TLT. The only casting announcements so far where the obvious return of the Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and Taika Waititi plus announcing the surprising return of Jane Foster as Lady Thor. In this case in particular Natalie Portman is a big enough name to generate buzz and interest also taking into account that she's tackling a meaty storyline from the Thor comics.

Beta Ray Bill is more than likely going to be a CGI character which should voiced by some important personality and maybe that person should do some motion capture, also for that specific role it's not really time to announce these kind of news. I see Marvel holding this as somewhat of a surprise for a later date. Surtur is a similar character that they ended up casting Clancy Brown very late ito voice him. BRB should be a more important character but still the same logic applies.

The whole thing around Hela was based on the comics and had a big dose of wishful thinking and piled up rumors. Unfortunately it didn't happen but i think BRB presence in TLT is very likely to happen. Also based on what Kevin Feige said previously.

There are plenty of examples in which the recent comics have hinted at stuff which ended up being featured in the movies. Case in point Jane Foster Thor.

Maybe this is the role that gets Keanu Reeves into the MCU? He’s obviously quite stoic in John Wick but he’s comedically so in Destination Wedding with Winona Ryder too.

tumblr_prlrfaG34w1xivmafo2_500.gif

Maybe this is the role that gets Keanu Reeves into the MCU? He’s obviously quite stoic in John Wick but he’s comedically so in Destination Wedding with Winona Ryder too.

tumblr_prlrfaG34w1xivmafo2_500.gif
He could do it. Although I think there have been many calls for him to play Surfer.

Avengers: Endgame Included A Secret Easter Egg For Thor Character Beta Ray Bill
As you’ll recall, Nebula’s past self was first seen in Avengers: Endgame cutting down some alien warriors as part of a wider assault on their planet. Looking through the Endgame screenplay, which has been made available to the public, it turns out this planet called “the Korbinite homeworld,” i.e. Korbin, which is where Beta Ray Bill is from. So it turns out we were watching Nebula, the past Gamora and their army killing off members of Bill’s species.

I had looked into AEG to checkout the Korbinite warriors and there was definitely a resemblance there to BRB.
The warriors size and the look of their armour helps to paint a familiar image. Also the mask has a very similar look to BRB and one could easily picture his face inside the mask because of how it's shaped.

I'm also now expecting BRB's journey to somehow cross with Nebula and Gamora in the MCU. Maybe the attack on his planet is what tips him off to attack the sisters leading Thor to intervene and that probably when Stormbreaker exchanges hands in battle. I think Stormbreaker will end up in BRB hands by the end of T4.

EMCcXwMWkAAGmkD.jpg

I've always been sceptical that Bill will appear in L&T, and I'm doubtful that any possible vendetta he might have towards Gamora and Nebula is going to play into this movie.

Besides, why would Thor go out of his way to save Gamora and Nebula anyway? He barely knows either of them.

But I do think this could potentially be a cool way to introduce Bill at a later date (possibly in GOTG 3). Maybe he fled Korbin when it was under attack and ended up on Sakaar - hence the sculpture of him?

And as for him getting Stormbreaker, I think the MCU version of Stormbreaker has been pretty clearly established as Thor's weapon at this point. And with Jane getting Mjolnir, what's Thor supposed to fight with, anyway? His fists, again? I've always felt that there's a danger in making too many characters "worthy". We've already had Thor, Odin, Hela, Vision, Cap and now Jane. If they introduce yet another worthy, hammer-wielding character in the very same movie that they're portraying Jane as worthy for the first time, it's going to cheapen the whole idea of worthiness.

If everyone can lift Mjolnir and have the powers of Thor, then what's the point of Thor himself?

I've always been sceptical that Bill will appear in L&T, and I'm doubtful that any possible vendetta he might have towards Gamora and Nebula is going to play into this movie.

Besides, why would Thor go out of his way to save Gamora and Nebula anyway? He barely knows either of them.

But I do think this could potentially be a cool way to introduce Bill at a later date (possibly in GOTG 3). Maybe he fled Korbin when it was under attack and ended up on Sakaar - hence the sculpture of him?

And as for him getting Stormbreaker, I think the MCU version of Stormbreaker has been pretty clearly established as Thor's weapon at this point. And with Jane getting Mjolnir, what's Thor supposed to fight with, anyway? His fists, again? I've always felt that there's a danger in making too many characters "worthy". We've already had Thor, Odin, Hela, Vision, Cap and now Jane. If they introduce yet another worthy, hammer-wielding character in the very same movie that they're portraying Jane as worthy for the first time, it's going to cheapen the whole idea of worthiness.

If everyone can lift Mjolnir and have the powers of Thor, then what's the point of Thor himself?
I'm pretty sure BRB will show up on T4. Just looking at the hints in the MCU.

For example i see the BRB appearance in TLT something similar to what happened with Korg in Ragnarok. A Kronan was shown in The Dark World, then in GOTG2 they where shown again dueling on some planet and finally Korg showed up in Ragnarok also because of his connection with the Hulk storyline. On the other hand BRB was suppose to be featured in Ragnarok but since it was such a small part Marvel thought it was better to save him to a later movie where they could make him justice. They still showed a sculpture of his head in Sakaar hinting that he was one of their champions. The Korbinites thing in AEG is another hint at what may happen in the MCU. Not to mention the creating of Stormbreaker which is synonymous with BRB in the comics and it wouldn't be a stretch to see it in his hands at some point.

The Gamora and Nebula things is just a thought. Just a theory of mine based on what was played before in AEG. It would make sense to connect the dots that way. Like they've done with other stuff.

In regards of introducing such a big character like BRB it makes the most sense to have it in a Thor movie. BRB is a big part of Thor comics and his story his umbilically connected with Thor's.

Stormbreaker is a name synonymous with BRB. Sure it's based in the comics but most of the MCU is derived from just that. And again Thor and BRB stories are connected also through the weapons Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. There's a way to have BRB wield the axe at some point. Thor might get Mjolnir back too. Jane Foster turned into a version of Thor but her storyline came to a close because she died and that too can happen in TLT. The things with Stormbreaker in the MCU is that there is no worthiness enchantment.

Also Odin was the one to put the enchantment on Mjolnir so of course he would hold it. Hela wielded it because it was basically built for her. Vision and Cap where both worthy. I do wonder how Jane Foster will become worthy of it. These where the Mjolnir wielding ones.

Stormbreaker doesn't have a worthiness enchantment. Cap and Thanos where both able to hold it. Personally i think it was a mistake to have Cap do it too and it didn't further anything other than give Cap all the bells and whistles. BRB in theory won't have any issue holding Stormbreaker.

Mjolnir is synonymous with Thor. Yes others may wield it because their worthy but in the end of the day that's Thor's weapon. Just because others may possess at some point the power of Thor doesn't mean they are Thor. In the end of the day there's only 1 Thor and he prevails above all others.

I didn't realize that there was a Korbanite easter egg in Endgame. That makes Bill appearing in Love and Thunder even more likely, imho. It already seemed like a strong possibility to me.

Stormbreaker in the movies is more reminiscent of Ultimate Thor's weapon than Bill's hammer, so there is always the possibility that a third weapon is crafted. Maybe the Korbanites or Bill himself make an appearance in Guardians 3.

Sif and Bill have a strong connection in the comics, so that could play into the Love and Thunder concept. Sif has pretty conspicuously not died while so many of the other noteworthy Asgardians have been dispatched.

Bill being the Korbanite champion is the core of his character, but I don't know about revenge on Nebula and Gamora being his motivation, his purpose has generally been portrayed as more noble than that. However, anything is possible.

To the point about too many people wielding Mjolnir, yeah, that has always been a risk with Thor, even in the comics, writers tend to go to that well too often. Call it "worthiness creep" or whatever.

But Waititi has such a wacky sensibility that it will probably be fine.

Last edited:
Sif and Bill have a strong connection in the comics, so that could play into the Love and Thunder concept. Sif has pretty conspicuously not died while so many of the other noteworthy Asgardians have been dispatched.
Yeh this could totally work and they at Marvel would be smart to capitalize on their connection to bring Sif back in a worthwhile manner. This would also appeal to those that felt that Thor's asgardians friends in Ragnarok deserved more.

1564068400947.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Basically everything and everyone related to Asgard as originally presented has been systematically destroyed, but Sif has conspicuously escaped the carnage. It's reasonable to infer that the studio may have something in mind for the character, and Love and Thunder could make sense.

Sif has never worked as a romance for Thor. She's like the perfect match that the parents want, but it's boring as a story. The relationship with Bill works because she connects with his noble spirit in spite of his monstrous appearance. So it has that dynamic of overcoming differences that makes for good romance.

And it makes Thor jealous lol, which is another good thing about it.

Valkyrie was a fantastic addition in Ragnarok, of course, but Endgame seemed to suggest that maybe Marvel has other plans for her. She remains on earth. I could see her being prominent in other films if she isn't continuing as a major player in the Thor movies.

It's true that some characters, like the Warriors Three, weren't given much of a send-off, but they never worked in the movies anyway, and even the original concept for Asgard felt out of place compared to how the rest of the MCU was evolving.

Getting Thor out of that box as a character was the right call.

Last edited:
Follow the bread crumbs.

Thor-Beta-Ray-Bill.png

Thor #2 by Donny Cates.

Then I wonder who will be cast because you would have to have a voice actor for Beta Ray Bill or you put an actor in extensive make up making him unrecognizable

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"