Beta Ray Bill

Now that they've had umpteen people wield Mjolnir it won't be as special when Beta Ray Bill does eventually and he'll just be another Thor clone now that Jane Foster Thor is in the MCU.

Now that they've had umpteen people wield Mjolnir it won't be as special when Beta Ray Bill does eventually and he'll just be another Thor clone now that Jane Foster Thor is in the MCU.
I don’t care. I really wanna see BRB.
Also he would be wielding Stormbreaker which is different.

If he's faithful to the comics he's going to prove worthy of Mjolnir before receiving Stormbreaker so my point stands. Welding Stormbreaker would be even less impressive as a wow moment to the general public, besides Cap already did that in Endgame as well.

The MCU has mucked things in that regard and it's not really a special or impressive feat anymore

Wielding Stormbreaker shouldn't give him the power of Thor though as that part is due to Odin's enchantment.

I think I'm on the side of that the BRB ship has sailed since it's already not that special to have other characters use Thor's weapons, despite that it's supposed to be. I also get why they went with Jane out of these two characters that fill similar roles since it allows Portman to act, while horse face CGI won't be very good for that.

If he's faithful to the comics he's going to prove worthy of Mjolnir before receiving Stormbreaker so my point stands. Welding Stormbreaker would be even less impressive as a wow moment to the general public, besides Cap already did that in Endgame as well.

The MCU has mucked things in that regard and it's not really a special or impressive feat anymore
A ton of things aren’t faithful to the comics in the MCU. It’s just a matter of adjusting certain aspects of the character. Cap wielded Stormbreaker for a second in AEG, that’s nothing and he’s a mere super soldier holding it, not a huge genetic altered and superpowered horse-like alien.

Now that they’ve opened the door to someone wielding Mjolnir and actually turning visually into a Thor-like character then the door is wide open for to BRB turn at some point and that would be a mere singular event with Stormbreaker then being passed to him instead, which would then tie neatly into the comics.

Last edited:
Wielding Stormbreaker shouldn't give him the power of Thor though as that part is due to Odin's enchantment.

I think I'm on the side of that the BRB ship has sailed since it's already not that special to have other characters use Thor's weapons, despite that it's supposed to be. I also get why they went with Jane out of these two characters that fill similar roles since it allows Portman to act, while horse face CGI won't be very good for that.

Yeah it's too late in the game, BRB should've been introduced in Ragnarok. Now he'll be just another run of the mill character and nothing special really.

The MCU mucked things up in that regard.

A ton of things aren’t faithful to the comics in the MCU. It’s just a matter of adjusting certain aspects of the character. Cap wielded Stormbreaker for a second in AEG, that’s nothing and he’s a mere super soldier holding it, not a huge genetic altered and superpowered horse-like alien.

Now that they’ve opened the door to someone wielding Mjolnir and actually turning visually into a Thor-like character then the door is wide open for to BRB turn at some point and h to at would be a mere singular event with Stormbreaker then being passed to him instead which would then tie neatly into the comics.

Whatever you say.

My point would be that he would wield Mjolnir at some point for a small period of time and then get Stormbreaker from Thor with Mjolnir heading back to its rightful owner.

I do not agree that BRB ship has sailed. BRB is so much more than a Thor-like character, even though that aspect is big in his comics history. He’s a genetic altered horse-like alien with a tragic backstory, that has a sentient spaceship as his companion and eventually Thor as his best friend.

They went with Jane as the Mighty Thor because she had a great comics angle, her story is intertwined with that of Thor and the stage was already set for that exploration in the MCU.

My point would be that he would wield Mjolnir at some point for a small period of time and then get Stormbreaker from Thor with Mjolnir heading back to its rightful owner.

I do not agree that BRB ship has sailed. BRB is so much more than a Thor-like character, even though that aspect is big in his comics history. He’s a genetic altered horse-like alien with a tragic backstory, that has a sentient spaceship as his companion and eventually Thor as his best friend.

They went with Jane as the Mighty Thor because she had a great comics angle, her story is intertwined with that of Thor and the stage was already set for that exploration in the MCU.

They can of course write it any way they want but as it's set up he would not keep Thor's power without Mjolnir. Since there is a power difference between Mjolnir and Stormbreaker in the MCU it would also seem more odd for Thor to give the more powerful weapon away. Even more so due to what he personally went through to get it. The weapon in the MCU really only has the name in common with BRB's weapon in the comics.

Of course that's not all that there is to him, but it's a big part and there are so many other characters to introduce that have a lot to them but aren't another Thor. With every Thor-like character Thor becomes less special, and the same goes for other people lifting Mjolnir now in half of Thor's outings, especially since they are crammed into a very short time frame in the MCU compared to the comics. To me the original is the most important so I think it's time to stop diluting him for a while.

They can of course write it any way they want but as it's set up he would not keep Thor's power without Mjolnir. Since there is a power difference between Mjolnir and Stormbreaker in the MCU it would also seem more odd for Thor to give the more powerful weapon away. Even more so due to what he personally went through to get it. The weapon in the MCU really only has the name in common with BRB's weapon in the comics.

Of course that's not all that there is to him, but it's a big part and there are so many other characters to introduce that have a lot to them but aren't another Thor. With every Thor-like character Thor becomes less special, and the same goes for other people lifting Mjolnir now in half of Thor's outings, especially since they are crammed into a very short time frame in the MCU compared to the comics. To me the original is the most important so I think it's time to stop diluting him for a while.

Yessir, it's time for the MCU to stop diluting him for awhile.

That's why I'm glad the MCU went in another direction with a more unique character for L & T's post credits scenes.

I'm glad Beta Ray Bill is not in this film. He would not have fit this story and it would've been over-stuffed. If you use Beta Ray Bill I'd preferably want him to have his own character arc and a decent amount of screentime. So we get to actually know and like Beta Ray Bill.

I don't want him to be the MCU equivalent of Miek, Moon Knight, Professor X, or Black Bolt.

so where could be introduced after all? GotG Vol. 3? Nova?
I don’t want to wait for another 5 years until Thor 5…

so where could be introduced after all? GotG Vol. 3? Nova?
I don’t want to wait for another 5 years until Thor 5…

I guess it depends if they want to use him at some point or not. I would ideally like him to appear in a story that also has Thor in it.

Now that Thor has Mjolnir in the family again, it would be neat if he encounters Bill and Bill is able to pick up the hammer.

But how do you deal with the Stormbreaker issue and such?

I figured BRB would end up with Mjolnir when the film was over, but I loved that
Thor has a weapon wielding kid now. They can always have BRB be a multiversal variant.

If they ever do BRB, I imagine it will be in a very long time (like phase 6 or after). They're gonna want to let the whole "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." thing rest for a while so it has time to fade from public conscious a bit and be more of a surprise again for the general audience.

As for Stormbreaker,
that's being wielded by Gorr's daughter now, and I doubt the writers plan to take it from her anytime soon.

Glad BRB wasn't in this in the end but I don't see him being in the next movie either.

I think we will be waiting a while to see him unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"