Biel confirms Nightstalkers spin-off dead.

tamron

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=12465

You’ve done quite a large range of characters, everything from comic book characters to big action. Is there anything that you’d like to do again, will we see you again in a comic book adaptation? Are the “night stalkers” done?

I think their done. I think that’s over with. Nothing ever came really with the Night Stalkers, I actually thought that, maybe we would do an adaptation of that but… I don’t know, I just don’t think that Blade (Trinity) did so well. It just didn’t do as well as everyone would have hoped so no one was interested in rethinking those characters. But I’m open to it; I’m open to other comic book adaptations or big action… I mean, I like action movies, I like doing action movies, I think they’re fun.

Thank the lord. Love Jessica Biel, but Nightstalkers definitely doesn't deserve a spin-off.

Not a big shock. The alternate ending of "Blade Trinity" made it clear there was no real meat there anyway.

I would have preferred Blade Trinity without the NINO's and Dominic Purcell playing Dracula.

Yeah no kidding. I started reading Blade comics and Hannibal King is actually awesome. That was a surprise.

The main problem w/Trinity, as I saw it, was that Goyer was ocused on the Nightstalkers movie & not on what he was doing with Blade. There were a lot of good elements but they were badly put together.

Id watch a Nightstalkers movie if Biel was naked. Ok, id download it.

That's still watching it. I'm betting at least 5 of the 12 people who saw "Stealth" were just hoping to see her in a bikini.

This isn't exactly new to any of us. When Blade 3 came out and tanked it was pretty obvious.

Phasing out Blade was a plan that failed miserably.

TheVileOne said:
Phasing out Blade was a plan that failed miserably.

Indeed Goyer thought the fans would dig the Nightstalkers & not care about Blade. I hope Batman Begins does not suffer the same fate if they bring in say Robin eventually Batman gets phased out

I think they learned their lesson there. They were phasing Batman out from the beginning, putting the focus first on the villains, then on his sidekicks.

I don't care if the spinoff is dead....the damage is already done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"