The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Big changes?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
So spider man and 2 where consider great then we had spider man 3 witch was consider bad then the amazing spider man witch was consider ok sligly good and now sounds like the amazing spider man 2 is bad. So with 3 movies in a row not being liked all that while do you think we could see some big changes going forward if this movie makes less then the first one? I mean that would be 2 in a row that have made less then the one before and if you think about it not nearly has many people are into this movies has the first 3 could we see new writers or derecter or something for the amazing spider man 3?

I want Sony Pictures Animation to make a Spider-Man movie.

I haven't seen ASM2 yet but it looks to be another dud so I am calling for a reboot. I am done with this current version and they don't deserve more chances to make more mediocre duds. Fire Marc Webb and get in new writers if you want to continue this series though I don't see the point when the best option this series has is 1 good movie and 2 mediocre movies (if they make a good third movie).

Ok Chaseter, in this hypothetical world Sony just decided to cancel the series and are looking to reboot, they've made you in charge of everything.

Who do you cast? What would the story be like? Who do you pick to direct and write the script for the film? Is there anyone from previous franchises you'd bring back?

I think it's an interesting question for everyone to answer actually

I haven't seen ASM2 yet but it looks to be another dud so I am calling for a reboot. I am done with this current version and they don't deserve more chances to make more mediocre duds. Fire Marc Webb and get in new writers if you want to continue this series though I don't see the point when the best option this series has is 1 good movie and 2 mediocre movies (if they make a good third movie).

Sony would never be able to get away with rebooting Spidey for a second time until AT LEAST a decade has passed between the last film of this franchise and the first one of the next. Heck, Amazing is called unnecessary, and if the second installment is tanking, well, the audience wouldn't put up with a 3rd telling of the origins of Spider-Man YET AGAIN.

2099 or Miles Morales are the way forward from here in my opinion.

I thought the first one was good but not great but I thought this was going to be great like spider man 2 great and I havnt seen the movie but sounds like it is not. If this movie makes less then the first one that would be pathetic has they don't have to do the orgin thing again and don't have to go agest the avengers and dark knight rises so there is no way the movie shouldn't make at least 800. I love Andrew but form the sound of things sounds like we may need better righters and a better editor. It sounds like to much was edited out of the movie that could have made it better. I do wounder how a noal spider man movie would be. I know that batman is way different then spider man but form what I have heard noal has never made a bad movie so sounds like he is just a great derecter.

Ok Chaseter, in this hypothetical world Sony just decided to cancel the series and are looking to reboot, they've made you in charge of everything.

Who do you cast? What would the story be like? Who do you pick to direct and write the script for the film? Is there anyone from previous franchises you'd bring back?

I think it's an interesting question for everyone to answer actually

Oh goodness that is a lot to think about as it's a huge undertaking.

If I were in charge I would do another Spidey solo movie that had nothing to do with any of these movies. I would have Spider-Man already be Spider-Man from the get go. He is a 20 something college student working at the Bugle. Ben has been dead and he lives with May and is dating MJ. No Gwen at all since it's a rehash of this series and you can't sour the GA like Sony already has done. I would have the movie start off with a small action spectacle like Shocker. Harry and Norman are in this movie too. Setup some easter eggs like Otto working at OSCORP and Peter attending Connors classes. The main bad guys here would be Norman on the side sending out some nameless thugs or even Shocker again to try and take down Spidey but we would need a main villain we hadn't seen yet. I am thinking Scorpion or Vulture. That's basically fills an entire movie. Toomes could be just an angry billionaire much like Norman who escapes Ravencroft or Scorpion could be an OSCORP creation at the direction of Norman. Scorpion attacks Norman and Spidey saves him. Basically no MJ or May getting kidnapped in this one either. MJ is there for the support but neither her nor May know who Spidey is.

Now, what I would do that differs from anything Sony wants to do is I would make a deal for Spidey to be in the MCU. Have the stinger at the end be Iron Man or Fury telling Spider-Man that they need all the heroes they can gather together for Thanos' impending attack on Earth. He could be in Avengers 3. The cross promotion alone would pull in Marvel GA fanboys. That alone would elevate the character.

Going from there, the opportunities are limitless.

Oh goodness that is a lot to think about as it's a huge undertaking.

If I were in charge I would do another Spidey solo movie that had nothing to do with any of these movies. I would have Spider-Man already be Spider-Man from the get go. He is a 20 something college student working at the Bugle. Ben has been dead and he lives with May and is dating MJ. No Gwen at all since it's a rehash of this series and you can't sour the GA like Sony already has done. I would have the movie start off with a small action spectacle like Shocker. Harry and Norman are in this movie too. Setup some easter eggs like Otto working at OSCORP and Peter attending Connors classes. The main bad guys here would be Norman on the side sending out some nameless thugs or even Shocker again to try and take down Spidey but we would need a main villain we hadn't seen yet. I am thinking Scorpion or Vulture. That's basically fills an entire movie. Toomes could be just an angry billionaire much like Norman who escapes Ravencroft or Scorpion could be an OSCORP creation at the direction of Norman. Scorpion attacks Norman and Spidey saves him. Basically no MJ or May getting kidnapped in this one either. MJ is there for the support but neither her nor May know who Spidey is.

Now, what I would do that differs from anything Sony wants to do is I would make a deal for Spidey to be in the MCU. Have the stinger at the end be Iron Man or Fury telling Spider-Man that they need all the heroes they can gather together for Thanos' impending attack on Earth. He could be in Avengers 3. The cross promotion alone would pull in Marvel GA fanboys. That alone would elevate the character.

Going from there, the opportunities are limitless.

The inner fanboy in me just got giddy at that last paragraph! Really good post all round!

The only thing I don't like about another rehash is no Andrew Garfield :( I thought he made an awesome spider-man in these films. Also I've become a huge Gwen fan but I understand why you couldn't put her in if you wanted to reboot the series

I am totally fine with Andrew coming back or hell, even JK Simmons coming back as JJJ. i don't care about that stuff. I just want Marc gone and Sony to re-evaluate what they are currently trying to do and failing at.

I'm currently working on a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe, that will probably never go into cinemas. The main series would be "Spider-Man", "Firestar", "Black Cat", "Wild Pack", and "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends", with maybe a venom solo film.

It would go

Black Cat: Kingpin is mad at Black Cat for quitting, so he hires Kraven the Hunter to catch her

Spider-Man 1: Peter becomes Spider-Man through a Spider in the ESU lab. Otto Octavius is his mentor who worked with dead his parents. Uncle Ben's death would be a near remake of Raimi's version, with the wrestling match, although the reason they don't give Peter money is because he's too young. Peter also doesn't let Carradine die. After that Kingpin would be angry, and asks J. Jonah and Norman Osborn to create a supervillain. They test the experimental Goblin serum on Mac Gargan who becomes the Scorpion.

Firestar: Liz Allen gets in a freak lab accident at her parent's company, Alchemax, and gets pyrokenisis. She decides to become a superhero. She also starts out dating Flash, but then leaves him for Harry Osborn

Wild Pack: The vigilante group consisting of Silver Sable, Prowler, Puma, and Rocket racer are trying to take down the crime lord Silvermane. Silvermand hires the Chameleon to frame Spider-Man for crimes, causing them to go after Spider-Man instead of him.

Firestar 2: Harry decides to take the Goblin serum and becomes a superhero, called the Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin and Firestar fight crime together, but soon a new supervillain, the Green Goblin shows up. The Daily Bugle accuses Hobgoblin and Green Goblin of being the same person, since they have similar powers and showed up at around the same time, and have never been seen together.

And if you seen Spectacular Spider-Man you'd know what actually happened (sort of).

Harry's Hobgoblin costume looks kind of like the one in Spider-Man 3, although with a black and orange color scheme and little plastic pointy ears. Also he has a glider, not a hoverboard

Spider-Man 2: The Alien Symbiote lands in New York, and goes to research in the ESU building. Meanwhile Norman Osborn has been lobbying for education funding cuts, so Otto has to buy sub standard equipment to conduct his experiments. He then gets into an accident that kills his mother and fuses his tentacles on his back, and wants revenge. He kidnaps a rich kid Peter was tutoring (at this point, I'm going to say Mark Raxton, since Doris Raxton promised him grants, and didn't give it to him) and demands money. Spider-Man rescues Mark, but crashes into the Symbiote when fighting Ock. Doc Ock teams up with Big Man and the Enforcers to steal money. Peter becomes more prickish with the symbiote, and beats up Black Cat superior style. He later attacks Doc Ock, and almost kills him, but realizes that the suit is making him do it. He takes it off and the last scene is Venom being created.

And more after this.

I want this to be animated, so actors don't matter as much, but I think James Arnold Taylor would be a good VA for Spidey. He should use the quirky voice Harry Osborn had when voicing Peter, and the more Swave voice when he voiced Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

Last edited:
I am totally fine with Andrew coming back or hell, even JK Simmons coming back as JJJ. i don't care about that stuff. I just want Marc gone and Sony to re-evaluate what they are currently trying to do and failing at.

It is a shame they tried to make this universe of sorts first. They should have focused on making really good films first. I'm of the belief that if they had the cast that sony chose with the direction from Marvel studios we'd be looking at films in the high 80's. Andrew, Emma, Sally Field and Dane Dehaan are all fantastic actors, as are Jaimee Foxe, Paul (Rhino Guy) and Chris cooper. We definetely had the star power for things to be good, if Marvel had them you'd wonder where we'd be right now.

Of course, TASM3 will happen, probably get into the 80's, and then they'll try the Sinister Six movie, which will either bomb or be Avengers-like in its reception.

Confusing times for sure.

So spider man and 2 where consider great then we had spider man 3 witch was consider bad then the amazing spider man witch was consider ok sligly good and now sounds like the amazing spider man 2 is bad. So with 3 movies in a row not being liked all that while do you think we could see some big changes going forward if this movie makes less then the first one? I mean that would be 2 in a row that have made less then the one before and if you think about it not nearly has many people are into this movies has the first 3 could we see new writers or derecter or something for the amazing spider man 3?

I'd say ASM2 is considered okay to mediocre but not "bad" by the majority.

As to your question I think they'll try new writers or a new director. I think they'll try to adjust the tone as well.

ASM was considered too dark so they went light toned for ASM2 and that's being called too light so I think they'll try to find a middle-ground between those two.

I think they'll slow down on their universe-building and try to tell a more focussed story with ASM3.

should they maybe delay the amazing spider man 3 for like a year so they have more time to work on the script and don't rush things? and find a better tone?

Yeah i am kind of thinking they should. I love Andrew has spider man and the nailed his personality better then the first 3 spider mans form what I have seen in the previews and the first amazing spider man.Or what about bring in a new editor or something? Form the sound of things the ruff cut was better and they may have made some mistakes in what they took out. I just wonder if sony will revalute if this movie makes less you cant keep making less and less and this movies are not cheap to make. They have protectinal to make a lot more then they are making.

I actually think this movie should be a reevaluation of when easter eggs can go too far. Think about it.

Calling TASM2 a flop is both stupid and premature. The film has not even opened in the United States yet, which will dramatically increase its Box-Office performance. It also currently stands at an 80% User rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is also likely to increase once it hits U.S. theaters on Friday.

I think you're the only one that called it a flop in this thread

^ Have you even bothered to actually read through the thread?

Yeah, the word flop had been used precisly 0 times before your post

if sony fires webb then they really have got it all wrong, because i don't think he is the problem because if you look at TASM and TASM2 There is a difference in tone and emotional core and emotional core is to webbs strengths, and because they hired the transformers writers who have always been hit and miss, they did well with star trek, they did ok to negative with transformers, they get flack for cowboys vs aliens and i might be the rare one who lost interest in their tv show sleepy hollow

in the end if you look at the 2 last films there is alot edited out and changed to the point you don't know what the original idea was or why they even changed it, there is a deleted scene in TASM where peter finds doc connors laying in then school bathroom stall after changing back from the lizard and he is asking for peters help... now that scene stands out odd because it doesn't link up with anything... even the other deleted scenes don't link up with it, so i still question what was responsible for these changes so late in the game, i can't help but think it was probably someone from sony sticking their nose in because webb says said there were tougher critics during TASM then there were the actualy film critics, and the same thing happened again in a way with this film... there seems to be alot of plot points in the trailers that didn't make it in the film and don't really fit in the final film we got

Last edited:
I imagine Webb will stay onboard for the next one, because I do not think they are missing that 2016 release date. As for everything after that? It might be more negotiable at this point.

I don't really see them changing course, they've locked themselves into these plans. We'll see if that means running it into the ground or not by 2018.

I actually think this movie should be a reevaluation of when easter eggs can go too far. Think about it.

I thought they were fine, they were just spoiled in the marketing.

Calling TASM2 a flop is both stupid and premature. The film has not even opened in the United States yet, which will dramatically increase its Box-Office performance. It also currently stands at an 80% User rating on Rotten Tomatoes, which is also likely to increase once it hits U.S. theaters on Friday.

:up: :applaud:

Sony raped Marc Webb's dreams again. No biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"