The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Big changes?

I really think the issues with these films are the writing, not Webb at all. I like his style/vision given what we've got so far.

But Marc Webb has been unable to guide the writing teams to a good script, and in the case of TASM2, he was involved in this production from the ground up. For TASM, James Vanderbilt had been commissioned for a reboot prior. Webb was more involved in crafting the story from start to finish this time. The results are the same, if not worse. Great SFX or not, I am a story first guy. If you can't do a good Spider-Man story and balance the film, then you shouldn't be making them in the first place. He has shown the same problems in his 2 films, and these issues won't change. 2 films is a trend. Unless we get someone new, TASM3 will be more of the same. Mediocrity.

Last edited:
I still don't understand some wanting to bring back J.K. Simmons. It's a reboot. As much as I liked Judi Dench's M, she didn't belong in the rebooted Daniel Craig Bond films. I feel the same about J.K. He had his moment and I loved it, but it's time for someone else to come in and play the role.

Skyfall in particular wouldn't have been nearly as good without Judi Dench. It was absolutely the right decision to bring her back.

But Marc Webb has been unable to guide the writing teams to a good script, and in the case of TASM2, he was involved in this production from the ground up. For TASM, James Vanderbilt had been commissioned for a reboot prior. Webb was more involved in crafting the story from start to finish this time. The results are the same, if not worse. Great SFX or not, I am a story first guy. If you can't do a good Spider-Man story and balance the film, then you shouldn't be making them in the first place. He has shown the same problems in his 2 films, and these issues won't change. 2 films is a trend. Unless we get someone new, TASM3 will be more of the same. Mediocrity.

What, exactly, was so poor about the story?

Personally, I thought the story was as strong as that of Raimi's Spider-Man 2.

What, exactly, was so poor about the story?

Personally, I thought the story was as strong as that of Raimi's Spider-Man 2.

I just saw the movie. LOTS was wrong with the story. It was a muddled mess of plotlines that don't allow the good ones it has going for it to shine. It takes bad detours, and honestly, Electro sucked. If this a was Harry Osborn goblin film, it would have worked better. The film meandered around so much without a tight vision, and resulted in a lackluster ending to a storyline that was one of the comic's best.

^ I just read your full review, and have to say that you clearly watched the movie with an entirely different mindset than I did because I really didn't see half of the issues that you did, nor do I think they in any way 'tossed out the ending of TASM1'.

^ I just read your full review, and have to say that you clearly watched the movie with an entirely different mindset than I did because I really didn't see half of the issues that you did, nor do I think they in any way 'tossed out the ending of TASM1'.

They really did. 5 mins in, and he breaks up with her over the promise. Which he had months to do. Felt forced.

^ She broke up with him, and even made it clear that they'd had the 'break-up conversation' numerous times.

Even if they did 'throw out the ending of TASM1', why is Pete actually trying to be mature and keep the promise he made - a promise he never should've broken in the first place - a bad thing?

^ She broke up with him, and even made it clear that they'd had the 'break-up conversation' numerous times.

Even if they did 'throw out the ending of TASM1', why is Pete actually trying to be mature and keep the promise he made - a promise he never should've broken in the first place - a bad thing?

It's the fact they forced it. I honestly think if they had not had them together in the 1st film, and then ran with this, it would have worked better. Instead, they had to force them out of the relationship that they forced them into last time in order to have this plotline. It wasn't a clean way of handling it.

I think you went in with a different mindset than he did or most people do.

Yeah I don't see like 90% of the problems in this movie that people are talking about. No way should this movie be lower then a 80% on RT. The story was fine and simple. All it really was about was gwen and peters love and peter having trouble because of the promise he made and about harry felling like peter betrade him because he needed his blood so save him self. Harry was great and so was spider man and the relationship with gween. Elector was awesome in the action sences. I do think he could have used more development but he wasn't has bad has people made him to be. I do witch there was a little more action all we really had was the time square fight and it was short and the power plant fight witch was awesome and the fight with goblin witch was very intise. So really only 3 fights I think elector needed one more fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"