Bill Clinton smacking down Chris Wallace.

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
I saw some of this on CNN. Clinton gets alittle pissed at Wallace. I loved it. You can read the transcript here but if anyone has the video please post it, I'd love to see the whole thing. :up: :woot:

Ex-president Clinton defends handling of bin Laden in combative Fox interview

NEW YORK (AP) - In a combative interview on "Fox News Sunday," former president Bill Clinton defended his handling of the threat posed by Osama bin Laden, saying he tried to have bin Laden killed and was attacked for his efforts by the same people who now criticize him for not doing enough.

"That's the difference in me and some, including all of the right-wingers who are attacking me now," Clinton said in the interview, taped Friday. "They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try, they did not try."

Clinton accused host Chris Wallace of a "conservative hit job" and asked: "I want to know how many people in the Bush administration you asked, 'Why didn't you do anything about the Cole?' I want to know how many people you asked, 'Why did you fire Dick Clarke?"'

He was referring to the USS Cole, attacked by terrorists in Yemen in 2000, and former White House anti-terrorism chief Richard Clarke.

Wallace said Sunday he was surprised by Clinton's "conspiratorial view" of "a very non-confrontational question, 'Did you do enough to connect the dots and go after al-Qaida?"'

"All I did was ask him a question, and I think it was a legitimate news question. I was surprised that he would conjure up that this was a hit job," Wallace said in a telephone interview.

Clinton said he "worked hard" to try to kill bin Laden.

"We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody's gotten since," he said.

He told Wallace: "And you got that little smirk on your face and you think you're so clever, but I had responsibility for trying to protect this country. I tried and I failed to get bin Laden. I regret it, but I did try and I did everything I thought I responsibly could."

The interview was taped during Clinton's three-day Global Initiative conference.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/24092006...defends-handling-bin-laden-combative-fox.html

Post Presidency Clinton (or as I call him Post Crisis Clinton) rocks so hard. However the last time he was on Daily Show, Jon Stewart kissed his ass, I hate how Jon has these few people who seem beyond reproach for him.

Seriously, Clinton has been on Osama's ass from day one. If he could take the shot himself, he would have.

It's things like this that are the reason why I belong to the "Bill Clinton Is Still My President" Facebook group. It is a bit creepy though that he talks about killing someone so non-chalantly(sp?)...even though it's Bin Laden.

KingOfDreams said:
It is a bit creepy though that he talks about killing someone so non-chalantly(sp?)...even though it's Bin Laden.

lol

Anyhoo, this is a perfect example of just how biased Fox News is. What's kind of amazing is that they don't even seem to try and hide it...all the while having thier "Fair and Balanced" slogan.

KingOfDreams said:
Anyhoo, this is a perfect example of just how biased Fox News is. What's kind of amazing is that they don't even seem to try and hide it...all the while having thier "Fair and Balanced" slogan.

How is it an example? He brought up a simple question. Clinton went on a wild eyed crazy rant, talking about the "right wing conspiracy". Wallace wanted to discuss the Clinton Global Iniative. Clinton wanted to keep ranting. How is it biased to ask a question?

Sorry. Unlike Jon Stewart tossing softball questions, Wallace is an actual journalist. It's not biased. It's actual journalism.

cass said:
How is it an example? He brought up a simple question. Clinton went on a wild eyed crazy rant, talking about the "right wing conspiracy". Wallace wanted to discuss the Clinton Global Iniative. Clinton wanted to keep ranting. How is it biased to ask a question?

Sorry. Unlike Jon Stewart tossing softball questions, Wallace is an actual journalist. It's not biased. It's actual journalism.

And yet when Michael Moore asks the question "Why didn't Bush stop 9/11" he is a crazed liberal playing partisan politics?

Matt said:
And yet when Michael Moore asks the question "Why didn't Bush stop 9/11" he is a crazed liberal playing partisan politics?

Its not the question that makes him a "crazed liberal playing partisan politics". It's his repeated and purposely misleading editing and mistatements of facts that causes some to give him the label of a "crazed liberal playing partisan politics.

cass said:
Its not the question that makes him a "crazed liberal playing partisan politics". It's his repeated and purposely misleading editing and mistatements of facts that causes some to give him the label of a "crazed liberal playing partisan politics.

And yet Wallace clearly misconstrued facts in order to further his agenda and that doesn't bother you in the least.

But Faux News is just as partisen. Look at the people they employ. And then look at Colmes, who is supposed to be the liberal balance. Not true. Colmes is really just a moderate...and a non-confrontational one at that.

Matt said:
And yet Wallace clearly misconstrued facts in order to further his agenda and that doesn't bother you in the least.

What facts?

KingOfDreams said:
But Faux News is just as partisen. Look at the people they employ. And then look at Colmes, who is supposed to be the liberal balance. Not true. Colmes is really just a moderate...and a non-confrontational one at that.

Answer me instead of running away from the question. How is this an example?

Haha this is so hilarious. Bill rox:word::up:

cass said:
Back your statement up, if you can.

I don't need to, the transcript and video does it just fine. To say Wallace wasn't being partisan and trying to "trap" Clinton is just naive.

Matt said:
I don't need to, the transcript and video does it just fine. To say Wallace wasn't being partisan and trying to "trap" Clinton is just naive.

He asked a question. Bill trapped himself by going on a rant. You're telling me that Wallace, who went in wanting to ask about CGI, purposely set up Clinton to go on a wild rant about another "right-wing conspiracy". I think you're giving Fox too much credit.

Usually Faux News (nice one KoD) goes out of their way not to invite guests like Clinton on just to avoid being smeared...they are getting sloppy.

ShadowBoxing said:
Post Presidency Clinton (or as I call him Post Crisis Clinton) rocks so hard. However the last time he was on Daily Show, Jon Stewart kissed his ass, I hate how Jon has these few people who seem beyond reproach for him.

Post Crisis Clinton :woot::up:
Who would be Clinton Prime? :huh:

cass said:
Answer me instead of running away from the question. How is this an example?

Well, KoD, I guess I've provided another question you can't answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"