Bill Hader is BARRY (HBO)

That episode was really, really intense at the end! ****! Everyone gave great performances yesterday!

Felt bad for the Chechen Barry shot in the head after he came through that door! That way he smiled as if he were happy to see Barry! :csad:

That ending! Barry is so screwed!

Loved the season finale. That shootout reminded me of Richard Harrow when he went after Gyp Rosetti's men.

tumblr_meg4utNgAI1qbvaudo2_250.gif

Man I think I loved this season even more than the first. So much was happening and I never found a single episode dull. Bill Hader was fantastic as always, but Stephen Root really stood out this season and I loved the stuff with Harry Winkler's character this season as well. The stuff with Hank was great too, especially all the scenes he had with the Chechen army lol. I'm also really curious to see where they go with Sally's character next season, because some really interesting things happened with her in that finale.

Rewatched the finale shootout on YouTube and man I just love how there’s nothing flashy about the violence in this show. So when the killings happen it feels real and has emotional weight to it. I know this show is a dark comedy with dramatic elements but still lol.

Loved the season finale. That shootout reminded me of Richard Harrow when he went after Gyp Rosetti's men.

tumblr_meg4utNgAI1qbvaudo2_250.gif
Man I remember how epic that was.

Just got on. The Barry train a week or so ago and almost caught up. I just finished the episode where He fought the detective’s ex’s boyfriend and his feral ninja daughter and that might quite honesty be one of the best episodes of television i have ever seen.

Yes indeed it is my friend. Welcome aboard.

Finally finished, this show is Fantastic man. Cant wait for season 3. I could see this show going a solid 5 seasons and if the quality stays consistent could be one the best original series of the decade beginning to end.

Sad to see this show isn't getting talked about nearly as much as it should in most circles I've seen. I've been trying to get anyone I possibly can onto this, easily my new favorite show . Hader, Berg and co. are ****ing geniuses for this.

I had to make a tribute to this show, just too good not to :

Bill Hader on ‘Barry’ Season 3 and Considering the Show’s Endgame

Hader serves as co-showrunner, executive producer, star, and sometimes director of the series, so when Collider’s own Steve Weintraub spoke with him at the press day for It: Chapter Two, he asked Hader about the show’s immense success and getting ready to go back to work on Barry Season 3. Hader revealed that the writers room for the show’s next season opens in October:

“For us, it feels like you’re telling a story chapter by chapter and then you have like a year off between chapters, and people are responding to where it is at this moment. In [co-showrunner] Alec [Berg] and I’s mind it’s like we see this kind of bigger story that we’re trying to write, and it’s constantly shifting too. In two weeks I go into an office with Liz Sarnoff, one of our writers, and we just are gonna start working on Season 3 just the two of us while Alec is wrapping up Silicon Valley, then the writers room starts in earnest in October. That’s where my head’s at.”

The show’s ratings exploded in Season 2 thanks to Game of Thrones, as the final season of the most popular show in HBO history served as the lead-in to Barry for the majority its season, which resulted in a significant ratings increase. Hader admits the lead-in was “pretty awesome.”

But as preparations for Season 3 get underway, do Hader and Berg see an end in sight for the series? Hader said the show isn’t planned that far in advance yet and mapping out each season has been an organic process, but he did reveal that there’s a significant plot point that may or may not arise in Season 3, which will mark a significant turning point:

“Each year [we] see where the writing takes us. There’s a big thing in the show that is part of our initial idea when we first sat down and talked about it that we’ve never gotten to. Every season I’ve written it up on the board and we put enough story in front of it that it just gets knocked off the board and we’re like, ‘Oh I guess we’re gonna have to put that in the next season,’ and then Season 2 I put it up there and it just keeps getting knocked off the board. In two weeks I’m gonna [put it back up on the board] and we’re gonna see if we get to that, and I think that’ll be an important thing to know where you take off from there or if you just kinda wrap it up.”

Finally got all caught up on this in time for Season 3 to get delayed. Seems about typical...

One remaining thought I've had:
Is Lily ever going to pop up? Because that's some kid running around LA who can positively identify Barry AND knows that there's more to the grocery store fight than the official story the police concocted. Seems like that's a major loose end.

I enjoy this show but didn't like how the first season ended and what it meant for the main character. I admit I primarily watch the show for NoHo Hank. Carrigan is excellent.

I binged watch S1 and I thought for sure the entire 10 mins or so of the finale was part of Barry’s imagination so I didn’t take any of it seriously and I was surprised when it didn’t seem to turn out that way? On to S2...

I binged watch S1 and I thought for sure the entire 10 mins or so of the finale was part of Barry’s imagination so I didn’t take any of it seriously and I was surprised when it didn’t seem to turn out that way? On to S2...

It was not an imagination sequence. I think I recall watching one of the behind-the-scenes segments on that finale episode and it was intentional to make you think it was.

It was not an imagination sequence. I think I recall watching one of the behind-the-scenes segments on that finale episode and it was intentional to make you think it was.

It was pretty clever because those (like me) who thought that it was just an imagination wasn’t really taking any of it seriously and then before you know it, it was already finished and those things happened. :funny:

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the ronny/lilly episode.

Now you got me curious!

Just finished 2E2 and it bears repeating that Carrigan is a such a star. He’s so ****ing hilarious. He steals every scene he’s in. Winkler is cool and all but Carrigan is THE supporting actor of this show.

Ever since I saw him on Gotham, he's always been entertaining and he just steals every scene on Barry.

I just finished it and I don’t know what the hell I just watched but I couldn’t stop laughing. It was brilliant.

WHAT ARE YOU????!!!!

Stephen Root’s deliveries were killing me and I completely lost it at everything that happened when the girl got on the car. :lmao:

37d0ba7f96a8ca5112f7c2f3a5aaf924d426ecb3.gif

c6d42770ed1da454cce7ed45732b2db04ce9d36c.gif

e58c51d87ebdc3ae5dd80d3c93d0a95e8275c613.gif

c0f9b6a1835f6799784a5906361b99927cf169a2.gif

I just finished it and I don’t know what the hell I just watched but I couldn’t stop laughing. It was brilliant.

WHAT ARE YOU????!!!!

Stephen Root’s deliveries were killing me and I completely lost it at everything that happened when the girl got on the car. :lmao:

I lost it at this

xHvZOyw.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"