Bioshock gets a 10/10 in OXM.

Damn, LA is a real g dawgs, back off of his grill! :o

Anyways, Bioshock is a really great game from what I've played. I've already spoiled the plot for myself though, but nonetheless, it's a really good story. I'm glad to see they haven't lost any of their magic. I hope this thing sells through the roof so we get more.

2K has raised their estimates from 500,000 - 1 million units to 1.5 - 2 million.

I hope it does all that and more. It's important for publishers to see that developers can make a game that's not "mass market" but that it can still sell well.

2K has raised their estimates from 500,000 - 1 million units to 1.5 - 2 million.

I hope it does all that and more. It's important for publishers to see that developers can make a game that's not "mass market" but that it can still sell well.

Exactly. I never expected Bioshock to be anything less than completely outstanding (considering the developers' pedigree of course) but I certainly didn't think it would ever click with the mainstream gamer. At best, I thought it would become yet another member of the club of cult-favorite games that nobody bought. I am pleasantly surprised now.

I'm pretty sure the reviews and advertising played a nice part. :up:

Playing it on the PC right now...pretty intense, though it's a bit repetative. The gameplay has bored me just a bit thus far, but that's because I haven't gotten far enough to get to the good stuff I've heard about (cocktails, etc.).

It's the atmosphere and immersion that do it for me. Brilliant. Even the voice acting is above par. :up::up::up:

i just rented this game and im stuck i cant figure out where to go ive allready got the fire powers and i got that one thing where you put that corpse into the cremating thing but i have no clue where to go now plus even though i think this game is f'n great but i have absolutely no idea what this game is about at all i dont know what the storyline or anything is or what Rapture is hell i dunno maybe im having one of those idiotic days

i just rented this game and im stuck i cant figure out where to go ive allready got the fire powers and i got that one thing where you put that corpse into the cremating thing but i have no clue where to go now plus even though i think this game is f'n great but i have absolutely no idea what this game is about at all i dont know what the storyline or anything is or what Rapture is hell i dunno maybe im having one of those idiotic days
Check your goal! If that doesnt help click on your hint as well.

There's also a quest arrow under the options menu that you can toggle on.

3rd time playing through Bioshock for me :O

After finishing this game I said to myself "You're not allowed to play this game for two years".

It was that good.

Hopefully it will be like an all-new experience in two years.

After finishing this game I said to myself "You're not allowed to play this game for two years".

It was that good.

So far I've gotten the Fire Plasmid (III) and the Shock Plasmid (III) (in addition to others)....I wanna see the Bee Plasmid (III)! :wow:

It was that good.

Even though I totally saw the twist (well, part of it anyway) coming, it was still like :wow: !!!

Awesome game. Period. No questions or criticisms from me.

I just like using the plasmids that cause the characters to fight each other, like Enrage, Hypnotise Big Daddy, Security Target and the like.

It's great to see these freaks tear each other apart.

I mostly used my plasmids to set people on fire. I love burning those spider things.

Yeah, the Spider Splicers were practically BEGGING to be set on fire.

I love the telekenisis. Grabbing a grenade in mid air and then throwing it back. Or like in that once scene throwing it back at that door blocked by debris to blow it away. My problem is with the big daddies. I can't hit them enough times because they rush at me so damn fast even if they're across the room. I've flung a few red exploding barrells at them which was fun. The trick is I guess to hit them with the plasmids and then switch to conventional weapons and start blasting away. I've lost up in the wharf's right now having fun.

Question: I have some proximity mines...but I cant' figure out how to use them. LOL

You have to toss them out with the grenade launcher I believe.

This game is so goddamn fun. So well made. I'm having fun.

I've found that the Bee power works great on Big Daddies while I pelt them from a distance, typically with either the grenade launcher and shotgun (alternate ammo's do a number on him).

Fighting that doctor was fun. I'd blast him with the incinerate and he'd go run and jump in the water and come back and I'd blast him again. You can use telekinis to pick up dead bodies and fling them at him. Funny ****.

You get it at the beginning of the game :huh:

But yeah, it works on big daddy's pretty much every plasmid does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"