Arrow Black Canary and her canary cry

Gu3ree

Sidekick
Reaction score
Okay, before the Flash showed up, we had the first Canary (Sara), it seemed to be their version of Black Canary, and she used a siren sound machine that represented the canary cry in comics. So now, the real Black Canary...or we can just call her Black Canary...she dresses nearly the same as her sister with the mask, but still uses that little device. Do you think some accident will happen to Dinah at some point in which she will get the ability to scream loud or what?

I thought no oher heroes existed in Arrow before. Before the Flash, who has super speed, and is from a world where there are super-powered people and villains, everything in Arrow seemed realistic and believable up until the crossover with the Flash.

Even though we've had Flash, Captain Boomerang appear, does this still mean that “Arrow" won't go for that route for Dinah Lance getting the canary cry power? Because they did not allow for the first Canary to have it, and so far, the current Black Canary does not and just uses that device for shattering glass.

Why not though? There is no point in sticking with this "realism" approach in the show if Flash, Firestorm and Atom will have super powers, but Black Canary does not.

Up until this point since Flash and Ray Palmer, I didn't mind Canary not having the canary cry power. Everything in the show seemed possible. But since we have these other characters with super powers, I would find it unfaithful to the character if Dinah continues to not possess that power.

I like that the shows are consistent. Arrow is about gritty crime and shadowy organizations, Flash is about supers who get their powers from the Accelerator explosion. I think there will need to be a second round, because Cisco and Catilin need to get their powers from the comics too, hopefully Laurel will be involved in that somehow.

Personally I don't care, but that's because I've only read Green Arrow from Longbow Hunters up to the mid 2000s and Birds of Prey (so Dinah's never really had her cry for me).

Honestly, I don't see why that's your gripe with faithfulness to the character. In the comics, Dinah trained from a young age and has always been a much better fighter than Ollie. Also, Ollie in the show is more of a meld between Ollie and Bruce from the comics. Finally, Ollie wasn't a particularly great fighter until after Merlyn bombed Star City in 2005ish and he trained for it.

Then again, without her comic book training, getting the Cry would be a great way for her to get on Ollie's level without acquiring skills unrealistically quickly or having to endure tedious failure for too long.

I'd like Laurel to get the "Canary Cry" and to get it VERY soon.

At the moment, I don't believe that Laurel has the necessary training to be a vigilante, even an amateur one. But, since the vast majority of the villains on Arrow don't have any super-powers, the Canary Cry would give Laurel a much needed advantage to allow her to hold her own against street level threats and to emerge victorious.

Also, I thought that Arrow was at its best in season 2 and that included super-powered soldiers and all sorts of masked villains. I think they found a great balance between "realism" and comic book-ness.

I currently find it a little implausible that the heroes on Arrow continue to only encounter non-powered villains after the events of the particle accelerator explosion. If I was a "bad guy" who acquired powers as a result of the explosion, would I rob banks in Central City which has a super-powered hero or would I catch a train to another city (i.e. Starling City) and rob banks there? I know that it's a delicate balance and one they're possibly trying to achieve with the inclusion of Brick as a villain, but I feel that Arrow isn't really balancing the real-world aspects of vigilantism with elements of the comic books as well as they did in season 2.

If they can't retcon Laurel as having been in Central City during the particle accelerator explosion, then I hope they come up with some way for Laurel to be exposed to something at Star Labs which will give her the Canary Cry. Or they need a big time jump between seasons 3 and 4 and say that Laurel was away training with Nyssa, Lady Shiva or another awesome trainer during that period of time.

I hope Laurel does become a metahuman. It'll distinguish her from the rest of TA and she'll bring something to the table that Oliver's/Roy's skills and Palmer's tech can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"