Black Christmas (the original)

WorthyStevens

Green Man
Reaction score
Has anyone on the site been able to see it yet? I've been meaning to but I can't find it anywhere around here, so Amazon may be my answer.

Anyways, for those who've seen the original, is it truly as good as I've been hearing it was?

Has anyone on the site been able to see it yet? I've been meaning to but I can't find it anywhere around here, so Amazon may be my answer.

Anyways, for those who've seen the original, is it truly as good as I've been hearing it was?

I enjoyed it. Very original for its time and an excellent ending. Far superior to its remake.

It's an amazing horror film. Very different from the remake and actually has a creepy atmosphere about it. I definitely recommend it if you manage to find it at some point.

I saw a few clips of it on YouTube, and it's definitely creepy from what I've seen.

Try Netflix, dude. That's where I saw it. I thought it was boring though. I don't see what all the hype is about.

Great movie.

The killer was soooooooooo freaky. Margot Kidder was really sassy in this.

I went out to Best Buy today and bought it. It's pretty good, with a good few scenes of great suspense, notably [blackout]Claire's death[/blackout].

I knew it was coming, but there was still an uncertainty about the situation that made me tense. That's a mark of a good horror movie.

there's an original?!

considering this was released about 7 years before Halloween i`d say this is truly an original crazed killler shock/horror.by far and away my favourite deranged killer film,the creepy phone calls are fantastic and range from pervert to full on nutcase "YOU KILLED THE BABY BILLY" the remake is an absolute disgrace and should never have used the name black christmas as its up there with "the wicker man" as one of the worst remakes from a truly great original.

if you can get a copy the released a 25th anniversary edition (thats the one i got) and i would love to see it in HD :woot: its amazing how many of these new,big blockbuster,expensive remakes and horror films cant come close to the atmosphere and nerve shredding build ups of the likes of the texas chainsaw,the entity,black christmas etc.

I wanted to buy it the other day at Best Buy but I chose Suspiria instead because it was the only copy and it was cheaper.

Yeah, this is one movie I want to buy on DVD, but havent decided on which version I should get. I'm aware of the 25th anniversary edition, but also know theres a previously released edition and if I am not mistaken, both have different extras (and maybe even different commentaries) ...

Decisions. Decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"