Black hole destroys galaxy?!

Well some of these comets may not be what they appear. :ninja: Who's to say its not a herald?! But seriously if black holes are sentient to a degree, I wonder why we haven't had any close to this solar system.

Just because they are sentient, which I don't believe them to be for the record, doesn't mean they have the ability to travel. There are black holes in our galaxy, however the orbit around stars. Actually the star and black hole orbit around each other. So they are limited to their orbital track, as far as I understand.

Just because they are sentient, which I don't believe them to be for the record, doesn't mean they have the ability to travel. There are black holes in our galaxy, however the orbit around stars. Actually the star and black hole orbit around each other. So they are limited to their orbital track, as far as I understand.

They are sentient!

Which means we probably won't get a warning, because as far as I know, black holes don't have heralds.:ss:
Not that we know of. I'm worried the Moon is looking a little mischeivous.:yay:

Not that we know of. I'm worried the Moon is looking a little mischeivous.:yay:

It could be our protector. Like a rocky version of Unicron. Then Moon Unicron and Black Hole Galactus can duke it out over North America! That'd be awesome. I'd bring a camera AND candy. :joker:

It could be our protector. Like a rocky version of Unicron. Then Moon Unicron and Black Hole Galactus can duke it out over North America! That'd be awesome. I'd bring a camera AND candy. :joker:
I'm putting popcorn on!

Despite Einstein's theory of general relativity referring to charged rotating black holes, there are non-rotating uncharged black holes as well. Therefore, the popular conception of black holes as "sucking" things in is false: objects can maintain an orbit around black holes indefinitely, provided they stay outside the photon sphere.

Despite Einstein's theory of general relativity referring to charged rotating black holes, there are non-rotating uncharged black holes as well. Therefore, the popular conception of black holes as "sucking" things in is false: objects can maintain an orbit around black holes indefinitely, provided they stay outside the photon sphere.
CitationNeeded.png

When I have an erection I tell my girlfriend that it is caused by speghettification due to the pull of her black hole.

FOOLS! :cmad: it was chuck norris coming out of his bathrom! he burped out a beam! the universe IS his house!:cmad:

There was someone that wanted to make a Statue of Chuck Norris, but couldn't find stone strong enough for his fists!

Yes, but x-rays and visible light are essentially the same thing (electromagnetic radiation) with different wavelengths. If a black hole can suck up visible light, it would probably suck up x-rays as well, right?

My understanding about the concept is that black holes are composed of X-rays or emits them thats how they were detected....

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/science/know_l2/black_holes.html

CitationNeeded.png

As photons travel near the event horizon of a black hole they can escape being pulled in by the gravity of a black hole by traveling at a nearly vertical direction known as an exit cone. A photon on the boundary of this cone will not completely escape the gravity of the black hole. Instead it orbits the black hole. These orbits are not stable.

Photon sphere. (2007, December 7). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 18:39, December 20, 2007, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Photon_sphere&oldid=176386162

that's awesome! i was watching something on the discovery channel about blackholes...

that's awesome! i was watching something on the discovery channel about blackholes...

There was also a theory where if one was able to penetrate the center of a singularity one may either a.) find himself in a farther spot in deep space

b.) Go back in time

I don't know about going back in time seeing that time is relative. We can go back in time in our minds, but it just doesn't make sense being that matter is contained chaos (energy) hmmm... Imagine waking up one morning and finding out that theory proven wrong?

But, right now there isn't anything to worry about, seeing as how our planet sits 60,000?? light years from the center of the galaxy (where I have always theorized that every galaxy has a black hole in it's center.) We may have to worry about a possible collision with our neighbor Andromeda, but by that time we as humans may have well figured out space travel and safely reached another life system. You know how I know this? Heck, it's the human specie's instinct to migrate, the simple fact that we are the only animals that are aware of space beyond the ozone layer should give evidence to the fact that it is our destiny to hit the stars. Anyway, I always wanted to be a space explorer, too bad I was born 500 years too early. :csad:

211 and astronomy= a deadly combination.

Agreed! I can't understand why mankind is so stupid to focus on building nukes and ways to kill each other rather than ways to migrate and explore the stars. Mankind has always admired the stars and to be where they are but we just lose focus.

what i found amazing about the footage and notion was this: one black hole may eat up a large chunk of the galaxy. but it appears that a black hole spews matter out the other end. from where and to where are for greater minds than mine. but matter perpetuates; changed. i can wrap my noodle around that. a person going thru a balck hole won't survive, but our matter does. and maybe, just maybe, in that matter, something will come to be. entropy's a *****.

That actually wasn't a black hole, it was William Shatner's ego.

what i found amazing about the footage and notion was this: one black hole may eat up a large chunk of the galaxy. but it appears that a black hole spews matter out the other end. from where and to where are for greater minds than mine. but matter perpetuates; changed. i can wrap my noodle around that. a person going thru a balck hole won't survive, but our matter does. and maybe, just maybe, in that matter, something will come to be. entropy's a *****.
Law of conservation of mass , matter can't be created or destroyed. Whats interesting is that in nature everything has a good end result. Like you mentioned, black holes spew out what they process, thats where all of the material like gases, amino acids, and other life building blocks come from. but, they have theorized that if one was able to safely navigate through the center of a black hole, one might encounter another dimension or universe. My theory is that since back holes are gravity pockets, maybe just maybe this is the rip in the fabric of the space time continuum, or maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"