Black Lightning Black Lightning Season 1, Episode 6 - "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder"

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27

TO RIGHT THE WRONGS - Jefferson (Cress Williams) is on the hunt for his father's killer, while Anissa (Nafessa Williams) uses her new powers to rectify a wrong after a protest fails. Jennifer (China Anne McClain) grapples with some difficult choices. Elsewhere, Gambi (James Remar) begs for help from Lynn (Christine Adams). Damon Gupton and Marvin Jones III also star. The episode was written by Charles Holland and directed by Benny Boom (#106). Original airdate 2/27/2018.

Read more: Listings - BLACK LIGHTNING on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180208cw04/#ixzz573B3NIn6

So Jefferson also disguises his voice when talking to civilians, even those he considers allies. Let's hope that, unlike Barry, he keeps that up.

Damn, breaking his back and leaving him there

Nice to see Jefferson trying hard to hide how proud he was of his daughter for taking on not one, but two girls.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
This thread is actually for the next episode after tonight's episode! Lol!

This thread is actually for the next episode after tonight's episode! Lol!

I was confused too. I read the comments and suddenly thought they aired two episodes this week and I missed one.

If this episode is called the Book of Thunder, is this where she actually gets her name and becomes a full-blown superhero?

I hope Black Lightning actually encounters her. I also don't want them only teaming up in the season finale. That would be frustrating.

If anything, the season finale should be Jennifer discovering her powers, not Thunder only getting her name and joining the team. But even Jennifer I hope they accelerate much earlier so we don't have to wait too long.

How many episodes does this season have?

I need to go back and rewatch that Black Lightning vs. Thunder fight! It was so good and so fun!

The fight between father and daughter overshadowed everything else in this episode.

Man, Gambi's keeping quite a lot of secrets!

I really loved that father/daughter showdown! Poor Anissa tho! That looked like it hurt lol. And damn, Gambi is just full of secrets huh

Loved the father-daughter fight. Now that they know. Maybe Gambi can upgrade her attire. She may be bullet proof. But her outfit isn't.

Loved the father-daughter fight. Now that they know. Maybe Gambi can upgrade her attire.She may be bullet proof. But her outfit isn't.

There have already been promo pics that show her new outfit. I think they were released before the show debuted.

The fight was great. I was hoping Thunder would whoop Black Lightning's ass.That would've been fun to see.

Why didn't the mother shake her head to say no, that Jefferson shouldn't fight this person who just saved her. Did she know it was her daughter? She must've recognised her voice.

Now if BL recognised her once she was down on the floor, why didn't he recognise her before?

Maybe BL will get into another fight with his other daughter.

Things were happening a little to fast for Jefferson to recognize Anissa.

Great episode. Really interested in what Gambi's back story is.

Great episode. The characters are all being developed well, and that Black Lightning vs. Thunder fight was very cool.

Now how about Thunder vs Supergirl? That would be a match.

Although I'd want Thunder to be fighting in this costume instead.

Best episode so far! The episode was interesting without any superhero action, but that Black Lightning and Thunder fight was something else. Now we see there is a lot more to Gambi than we know. Just what is his connection to Lady Eve and Tobias?? What are Tobias' plans for Khalil. One nil point here is that Khalil's hatred for Jennifer seems to have manifested rapidly overnight.

As for Anissa, she is gonna overshadow Black Lightning at this rate.

The whole defecating the Confederate statue then the death after a White Nationalist protest seemed a bit forced, if a valiant attempt to be relevant.

One nil point here is that Khalil's hatred for Jennifer seems to have manifested rapidly overnight.

Yep, that was silly. Came out of nowhere.

Another good episode. :mnm:.

Does Tobias not age? They showed him killing Jefferson's dad when Jefferson looked about 12yrs old and he looked the same.

They mentioned a serum given to the group behind the 100, which slows the aging process, along with other side effects. Probably is something they got from the comic 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"