Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

It looks ok, but I certainly feels like something that should've been released before Endgame.

the visuals are very much what i call as MCU stock footage.
I don't know it looks kind of generic.
I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. The structure of the trailer itself is very generic (which most Marvel trailers are), but the movie looks pretty unique.

It looks ok, but I certainly feels like something that should've been released before Endgame.
Unless it releasing after Endgame actually plays into the themes of the movie. Scarlett has said that this movie couldn't have come out until now.

I'm just glad it looks and feel more like the Bourne series than something like the later Mission Impossible films in terms of scope and action(aside from the sky bit). I want them to stay true/honor the spy genre and not sensationalize it up too much just cuz it's a superhero character and it looks like that's exactly what we're getting.

We got the inordinate scale of Avengers, the Guardian, etc and now we got the intimate, grounded, 'honest to goodness' spy flick in the MCU! This is an important step for Marvel I feel. Branching out, offering the new!

I wonder if we get some Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier Backstory infos from Red Guardian

I'm just glad it looks and feel more like the Bourne series than something like the later Mission Impossible films in terms of scope and action(aside from the sky bit). I want them to stay true/honor the spy genre and not sensationalize it up too much just cuz it's a superhero character and it looks like that's exactly what we're getting.
I just posted on the trailers thread that it looks like Marvel meets Bourne :up:

Tho it wouldn't be a marvel movie without someone freefalling outta nowhere.

I wonder if they're going to go with the comic book retcon of her actually being older than she looks

I was wondering about if the Infinity Formula and some of the applications it's used for would be utilized somewhat but from the trailer I would guess less likely.

Perhaps the family passes down some enhanced abilities derived from some source if in fact it's Natasha's re-visioned biological family. She'll probably be portrayed as younger/cool is the feeling I get.

I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. The structure of the trailer itself is very generic (which most Marvel trailers are), but the movie looks pretty unique.

Unless it releasing after Endgame actually plays into the themes of the movie. Scarlett has said that this movie couldn't have come out until now.

I should clarify my earlier remarks, It looks unique and more appealing then captain marvel surely but overall Im just not sold on a black widow solo film set in between civil war and infinity war. I guess the only interesting aspect for me to see this is how she lays low as a wanted fugitive while fighting what looks like an winter soldier level threat on a large scale.

Looks great to me. I love that it has the Winter Soldier vibes with a little bit of Mission Impossible.

Also the whole "But she's dead, why does this matter?" argument is dumb to me. If you make your characters compelling enough that stuff wont matter.

With movies and tv, it's always the journey not the destination.

Last edited:
669455ad0535954adb7952560f3bd9bd29a485bb.gifv

f013c7b6b14c663ff34e0256d7c2be050f7a6741.gifv

c9b15f868e5aaef9d70566bbf45593844411c10d.gifv

8e9d1ab499362c7e46b1f0e2ed3a774eeae9f425.gifv

cc48776e96e6e253f6fe677590717f650957de13.gifv

9c5020acd07acb353f2e31b6ccbb7a96926729b5.gifv

Well I really enjoyed that trailer, and now I'm actually looking forward to this way more than I was before. Love the grounded, WS esque feel of it and Florence looks legit as Yelena. It's nice seeing Harbour in this too, and I'm hoping this goes a lot better for him than HellBoy. I'm also really interested in seeing what they do with Rachel Weisz in this as well. I want to see more of Taskmaster, but so far his new design looks pretty cool to me.

Well I really enjoyed that trailer, and now I'm actually looking forward to this way more than I was before. Love the grounded, WS esque feel of it and Florence looks legit as Yelena. It's nice seeing Harbour in this too, and I'm hoping this goes a lot better for him than HellBoy. I'm also really interested in seeing what they do with Rachel Weisz in this as well. I want to see more of Taskmaster, but so far his new design looks pretty cool to me.

LOL, this movie would have to be trying pretty hard to F up if it ended up worse than Hellboy.

Rachel Weisz being Taskmaster is a fan idea that I'm dreading. I really want Melina to actually be Iron Maiden on screen and I want Taskmaster to have the demeanor he has in the comics.

I wonder if they're going to go with the comic book retcon of her actually being older than she looks

Don’t think they will but I would’ve liked for that to have been revealed earlier in the Infinity Saga.

Looks great to me. I love that it has the Winter Soldier vibes with a little bit of Mission Impossible.

Also the whole "But she's dead, why does this matter?" argument is dumb to me. If you make your characters compelling enough that stuff wont matter.

With movies and tv, it's always the journey not the destination.

Agreed.

Makes zero sense to de-age William Hurt to younger than his Civil War appearance, when this takes place AFTER Civil War... But besides that, the movie looks good!

Still not excited as a must see MCU film for me but it does look good! I don't want to get hyped up for Taskmaster if that rumored twist turns out true. It would turn out even much worse than the Mandaran twist in Iron Man 3!

A ton of cosplayers are probably already working on the snowsuit

We got the inordinate scale of Avengers, the Guardian, etc and now we got the intimate, grounded, 'honest to goodness' spy flick in the MCU! This is an important step for Marvel I feel. Branching out, offering the new!

There's nothing grounded about that final action scene in the trailer.

Makes zero sense to de-age William Hurt to younger than his Civil War appearance, when this takes place AFTER Civil War... But besides that, the movie looks good!
We don't even know when that scene takes place. This movie is gonna have scenes in multiple time periods. It's very possible that's the scene where Hawkeye is sent to kill her or some other flashback.

Black Widow is not always grounded in the comics and so why have her film completely be a serious spy thriller? It looks like a balanced film like it's supposed to. A mix of the marvel feel with Jason Bourne vibes.

She's not a super powered spy but she is a badass one that exists in the marvel universe and thus very much a comic book character.

We don't even know when that scene takes place. This movie is gonna have scenes in multiple time periods. It's very possible that's the scene where Hawkeye is sent to kill her or some other flashback.

It might as well be the cold open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"