Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Anyone else find it suspicious that we don't have anyone credited as playing Taskmaster? I bet there's some surprise twist where Rachel Weisz is Taskmaster or something.
I'm definitely starting to think that's the case.

I have many of the same thought some of you do about Taskmaster. Very suspicious indeed. I only just saw the trailer for it this morning. I was out of town for the past week and I did not even know the trailer dropped. I was kind of off of my own little world LOL. That said love the trailer.

Saw the trailer recently. This seems like a fun crew. It could be a good but lower profile film.

I'm not sure if it will cross 1 billion, but I think it will do well given it has the May slot

1.4m likes, coupled with the reception in China, this trailer is as big a success as Marvel could have hoped.

This movie will hit a billion, thought it would come close but now I think it might even surpass CM.

My bet is taskmaster won’t be revealed because he is not even cast. He is more like a big threat but not big boss. He will unmask at the end of film but it’s either on his back or in the dark so he won’t be recognizable. He will be back in the future with a proper actor or actress to play him. I think he is a main misdirection of what this film will turn out to be.

Red Guardian has that big “has been” great fighter past his prime for the villain to kill off in mid movie written all over him so the rest of the troop will rally in the second half of the movie after he dies.

1.4m likes, coupled with the reception in China, this trailer is as big a success as Marvel could have hoped.

This movie will hit a billion, thought it would come close but now I think it might even surpass CM.
I sure hope that you are right about that.

yzPzQjc.gif
3irWZVP.gif

l97Zb3q.gif
BEWWSWg.gif

y1LkNi0.gif
qmJNVGG.gif

Poor Hawkeye is now the only OG without his own movie.

A rhetorical question:
Aren't producers supposed to be notified about theatrical trailer releases by the studio? Scarlet it seems wasn't informed of the trailers release which she reacted to as a pleasant surprise and present to wake up to in the morning and I'm sure that's how she took it (Lucretia Martel the director who had to turn down the present of "director" as defined by Marvel for this movie I wonder how would've reacted to this) Scarlett Johansson didn't know the highly anticipated trailer for 'Black Widow' was released until she woke up to a text from Chris Evans

As a concession to Marvel, they certainly went all out after she had a talk with Kevin while shooting Endgame (before the re-shoots back in Summer or Fall of 2017) about having a lot of experience on set and glad the fans will appreciate/realize the character and time she spent these many years on various movies. Marvel put the wheels in motion big time for the film to get this going and put out the type of product they were comfortable with to start Phase 4 and a bit of a risk for starting this property in general at such an odd point in time as many keep pointing out... Like everything with Marvel Studio's, there is a give and take which is good for the most part if it enhances quality while also keeping the pockets lined so to speak .

As Bob Iger said, the margin in the theatrical industry is thin for error after the Scorsese remarks.

That being said, it wouldn't of behooved Marvel Studio's to notify Scarlet as a producer that the trailer is going to be released. Complaining about not being notified about stuff or really treated as an actual overseer/boss would of course be in bad taste after everything that's happened but for someone un-involved in the film such as myself I can say there's a respect level Marvel needs to utilize in less measured senses when giving someone an added present of producer credit.

Certainly oversights can occur and no big deal then but as a fan I can point stuff out that otherwise one wouldn't be able to if involved directly with the "give and take" sly status assertions that is Marvel Studio's.

Last edited:
My criticisms of how Marvel Studio's does business aside, they've hired some top talent especially with some of the posters that may well top the actual film in terms of undiluted artistic conveyance.

The Black Widow symbol (of course we all know as being derived from the marking on the Black Widow Spider) I see imprinted everywhere sort of reminds me of the X symbol utilized in the original X-Men franchise from Fox back in the early 2000's or the "S" on Brandon Routh's costume that at times I thought was silly overkill but pertaining to Black Widow I like placement wise and really fits.

The symbol as the most recent artist seems to be utilizing reminds me of an hourglass and an hourglass of course reminds me of time or infinity ("Infinity Formula" or a variant of the Super Soldier serum she said to have taken in the comics interesting but not the route the film seems to be taking with the family angle). Also, the mirrored triangles of course evoke a mirrored image (duality of personal identity to social identity and the narrative strings/webs attached).

I typed in "hourglass" on pinterest and all sorts of imagery with narrative subtext popped up:
Finity Sign: https: //www.pinterest.com/pin/258816309821761590/?d=t&mt=login

Infinity Sign (mirrored triangle hourglass shape put on side with edges cutoff to resemble the letter eight to resemble Infinity poster): Hourglass

Mirroring Aspect: Jonathan Zawada - 26412 - Buamai

Last edited:
Which movie do you anticipate more, Black Widow or Wonder Woman 1984.

Which movie do you anticipate more, Black Widow or Wonder Woman 1984.

After seeing both trailers and some of the WW84 leaks
It's definitely Widow for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"