Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Then you have been paying attention to what Kevin Feige has been saying. I think, most pople, like you mistakenly think that cuz it's BW and shes dead that this wont be setting up things but Kevin has said numerous times therea a reason why this is setting up phase 4 and hes assured us it will most definietly be a movie used to set things up. Thats just the way the MCU works....
Pugh could have a MCU future that’s set up with this film. I hope that’s the plan.

I don't think that we have seen the last of Yelena or Taskmaster.
And now that he is back, Thunderbolt Ross isn't going anywhere.

The hiatus has been so long since last MCU movie and given the shirt storm is going on right now, I have gone from pretty hyped about this to rather nonchalant. I may get it on a plane ride if we still have airlines left after this virus thing. It really goes to how I feel to all MCU movies now, the gap is too long in any media for any sustained interest.

Then you have been paying attention to what Kevin Feige has been saying. I think, most pople, like you mistakenly think that cuz it's BW and shes dead that this wont be setting up things but Kevin has said numerous times therea a reason why this is setting up phase 4 and hes assured us it will most definietly be a movie used to set things up. Thats just the way the MCU works....

I mean, obviously he's going to say that because he wants people to watch it. But I fully expect that it will just introduce a character or two who will show up later (which in no way requires it to be viewed as part of phase 4, anymore than TIH needs to be viewed as part of phase 3 just because it introduced a character who eventually showed up again in phase 3, or anymore than TFA needs to be viewed as part of phase 2 and 3 just because it set up characters that were followed up on in phase 2 and 3) and otherwise will feel like a followup to Civil War that would have provided some useful context on the status of things in between CW and IW.

But I guess we'll find out for sure in August, or November, or whenever it comes out.

E9Jo9JF.png
Every time I see these posters, I'm reminded of how horrible the Spiderman Posters were. :funny:

Black Widow getting to us later might be a bit discouraging, but (and I've mentioned this, er... elsewhere) I actually like the idea of moving it to a later date, since it gives us a tighter schedule for Phase 4.

As for what month they could release it, they really have a lot of freedom, and they haven't been afraid to use that freedom, having releases in 8 out of 12 months. The concept of "dump months" we now know is outdated, so it could be any of the months they've already done, or the ones they haven't: September, October (which they plan on using in 2022), December, and January. I think (barring other factors like FatWS) it could feasibly be any month

I love that they are setting up Natasha's universe but Yelena can always replace Natasha in the whole Avengers universe

Eh. I don't mind a Black Widow movie this late, but I don't want Yelena to replace Natasha after this movie and be a Black Widow copycat.
She would probably be easy to write in I guess since IWs was like a 1-2 day event. Nat would not have had time to call her in, she could have then been snapped. After Endgame she returns tries to find Nat and finds out she died.

Though I wouldn't want a BW clone.

Somewhat believable plot leak from 4chan. But it’s 4chan, so make of it what you will.

Eh. I don't mind a Black Widow movie this late, but I don't want Yelena to replace Natasha after this movie and be a Black Widow copycat.
Agreed! She van join the team but I jist hope she's offering something original and Im OK if her fighting skills are on par with Natasha but hope shes got her own flavor!

Apparently, Grace Randolph tweeted that she heard chatter about BW being released on Disney Plus. Considering the source, I tend not to believe this. But, it's out there.

Apparently, Grace Randolph tweeted that she heard chatter about BW being released on Disney Plus. Considering the source, I tend not to believe this. But, it's out there.

Finally some good News in these times. Now just make it on demand for 15 USD, so this movie can do some money and everyone is fine.

Agreed! She van join the team but I jist hope she's offering something original and Im OK if her fighting skills are on par with Natasha but hope shes got her own flavor!
Yeah, I hope she has some different skills to sufficiently differentiate her. If so I think Florence Pugh can have a long future in the MCU.

I'm not buying it. I'd much rather wait and see it in theaters than watch it at home

Finally some good News in these times. Now just make it on demand for 15 USD, so this movie can do some money and everyone is fine.
Disney would still lose money. Not to mention all the piracy that would come from it. No point in doing the steaming thing when they can just release it when the time is right.

If they actually release a marvel movie on that service then you know something is up.

I wonder what it would do for Disney + new subs and retention.

Even if they had a premium service for $20 instead of the usual cost I would be happy to sign up to such a thing

I mean, I like BW but I could genuinely watch that streaming if it came down to it as it's more of a retro adventure with probably a couple stingers setting up phase 4. Now Eternals I could not feasibly watch like that.

I don't buy it. The service just launched in NA five months ago and in western Europe (minus France) last week. France is now to come in the second week in April, India when the cricket starts (?), eastern Europe after that, and who knows when China happens? The global reach is microscopic compared to the theatrical distribution chain, so the revenue channels (and price points} are significantly less. I'd speculate that streamers across the board are close to a decade away from even considering this in any serious way, although shorter theatrical windows are likely to come much sooner. Now the virus may have sped up the process of this new reality behind the scenes, but not nearly this fast.

If we are in this same place 6 months from now, then studios may be of the mindset that any revenue is better then none at all and be willing to accept the losses. Where I'd wager they try to make that up is with guaranteed subscriptions, ie, in order to stream BW on Disney + you need to sign up for a 5 year subscription package. That may even be part of a tiered system, where what you pay for the film determines how many years you're locked into a subscription package. So $20 dollars for BW requires a (new) five year package. Paying $40 dollars gets you locked in for two years, etc. Existing subscribers just pay $20 for the film with no further commitment (rewarded for being early subscribers), and/or get to extend their current plan at a discount with purchase. I'm obviously just spitballing here, but in order to make the move to streaming worthwhile at this point, the loss of revenue globally will need to come with future benefits, including a boost in stock price with such commitments and guaranteed revenue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"