Black Widow Solo: How Would You Do It?

I think if you did a live-action movie the obvious choice for a villain is Black Widow II, Yelena Bolova.

Or Madame Hydra aka Lady Viper.

Before they got rid of SHIELD, I would have adapted Widowmaker. Some cool James Bond/Mission Impossible lite-geopolitics. Red Guardian, her ex, is the bad guy, allowing them to reveal the past without doing a prequel. She teams up with Hawkeye

I've always thought that she should wear an outfit like this next time:

INZrgKG.png

And maybe make a few plot points around that and how it would affect her.

Am i the only one who isnt interested in Black Widow movie?

Marvel has plenty of female characters who have actual super power..
Plus Marvel already have Wasp in Hope Van Dyne and they also announced Captain Marvel and DC have Wonder Woman coming up next....comparing to those names, Black Widow seems silly in my opinion (in regards of super power) .....

. so why make a Black Widow movie?

Hawkeye is the only other Marvel Avenger who would fit into her solo origin film if that is the route they wanted to go

Am i the only one who isnt interested in Black Widow movie?

Marvel has plenty of female characters who have actual super power..
Plus Marvel already have Wasp in Hope Van Dyne and they also announced Captain Marvel and DC have Wonder Woman coming up next....comparing to those names, Black Widow seems silly in my opinion (in regards of super power) .....

. so why make a Black Widow movie?

Query: What does having superpowers matter for the question of "Which character deserves to get a movie"?

Query: What does having superpowers matter for the question of "Which character deserves to get a movie"?

I will never get the whole super powers =interesting meme. Especially since we've seen superheroes with powers fail at box offices (Fantastic Four have pretty fantastic powers) and obsess over ones without (um, okay admittedly I can't remember any right now... I mean, I don't know if you guys have heard of this Batman character or not, but I just looked it up on wikipedia and apparently he has a movie out and his only powers are being rich and having lots of left over angst!)

Black Widow's powers are identical to Batman's except that she's funded by an organization instead of independently wealthy and she has less angst which considering her background is just kind of mind blowing. She has the exact same powerset as James Bond and he's done okay for himself. I'm not saying that she absolutely has to have a movie or that she is somehow the exact same as Bond and Batman (mostly because culturally speaking, she isn't) but I feel like it's been proven that Dark-Suit-Wearing-Ninja-Super-Spy is a popular powerset and in no way damages the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"