Black Widow: The Movie

And I do find it amusing that one of the big defenses for why Marvel hasn't done a female-led film yet is "well none of their female characters are well-known enough to carry their own film, unless they're X-Men ones who are owned by Fox." And yet, when you have a character who has become known to the audience (thus solving that problem), suddenly the argument is "well we've seen her in too many movies, give a new character her own film." So which is it, because those two ideas are completely contradictory?

I'm much more interesting in seeing a cool BW film than yet another Thor film, or Ant-Man, or whatever. It's long overdue, and it would seem like even the Russo's think so.

Everyones sexist. That's what the problem is.

jk...

In reality, Black widow has been in more films than even Hulk so far. So yes, she has had a lot of screen time. However, she hasn't had a solo yet. I'm not against the idea of a solo, it just seems that the only solo people seem to want is one that goes back to her origin, when we don't NEED her origin. We have already been told what's important and can be told anything else that is needed. We have seen some of the program in Agent Carter even.

I would love a solo movie, but I don't see her having a great solo other than an origin. Which means since it is going back to the past and not pushing more story for the current MCU, and is unneccissary, it would just be taking the spot of a movie that could introduce a new character, event, etc. and make the Universe greater.

I would wan't a Black Widow movie before an Iron Man 4 though... which apparently RD Jr now wants.

A Black Widow movie set in the post Infinity War present could be terrific. Have Natasha settled into a new life, living in the suburbs with her husband and a low key civilian job - and something (or someone) from the past drags her back into the world of high stakes espionage. Add a kidnapped spouse, guest appearances from one or two of her Avengers pals, and a showdown in Mother Russia with members of the old Soviet Super Soldier Team. This thing writes itself!

Or just have a film of her acting as a Double Agent for Caps Secret Avengers, or have her trying to track them down. That would be sweet.

A BW film can be done on the cheap facilitating a fast track I would think.

Why not just have flashes of the past that run co currently during the present and future leading up to the Infinity War films?

Red Room agents showing up in her film they could make this film like the Marvel version of the Bourne series

While I'm not a fan of how vanilla they've made Black Widow so far, if they can portray her right, I'm down for a movie.

My ideal BW movie would be like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy + John Wick

I don't really want to see any superpowers or other Avengers in there. I'd rather the movie feel more 'real' than that. I'd prefer it if the majority of the dialogue was in Russian too, though that'd probably never happen.

Red Room agents showing up in her film they could make this film like the Marvel version of the Bourne series

When you realize Bourne Legacy was a Hawkeye film.

I would personally be more interested in She-Hulk movie than Black Widow.

That's what I would like. I think it needs to be more of a spy film like those and less of a traditional superhero film.

I want to see Widow team up with Monica Chang.

And I want Monica played by Constance Wu

reveals that there has been some work done on a Black Widow movie, potentially starring Scarlett Johansson.

I don't want a Black Widow film unless it's with Scarlet Johansson.

reveals that there has been some work done on a Black Widow movie, potentially starring Scarlett Johansson.

I don't want a Black Widow film unless it's with Scarlet Johansson.

Obviously Scarlett would be there too but it would be cool to include Monica as well

I think Salt is a great template for a Black Widow movie.

If this is actually indeed being worked on, wouldn't it be something if they can get Paul Greengrass on this? I love the first three Bourne movies to bits, shaky cam overload included. lol. It just has a hard brutal feel to it. You know even if it feels been there done that but with BW as the character, I still would watch the heck out of it! This type of film with this particular rough edgy style is exactly what is missing from the Mcu and is sorely needed imo.

Last edited:
Maybe it might be too much of the same though. I mean, we’ve seen a super soldier spy with shaky cam by Paul greengrass

I think they will probably look for a woman director or some indie director type making their mainstream blockbuster debut.

I can't see Greengrass being interested in a comic book movie unless it deals with real world issues and is 'grounded'.

I would suggest a Black Widow movie be a prequel. Spy, covert ops mission based thing in the same vein as Bourne, Atomic Blonde etc. No aliens or robots.

Or at least a flashback heavy film that has Natasha talking about her past missions.

Missions with Hawkeye, her clash with the Winter soldier. They could even bring back Killmonger.

CIA Killmonger and Red Room Natasha might have crossed paths at some point.

Or at least a flashback heavy film that has Natasha talking about her past missions.

Missions with Hawkeye, her clash with the Winter soldier. They could even bring back Killmonger.

CIA Killmonger and Red Room Natasha might have crossed paths at some point.

Oh wow, I'd considered Natasha and the Winter Soldier as rivals or foes back in the day, but CIA-era Killmonger would be inspired, as he was one of the strongest performances in Black Panther, and I'd love to see more of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"